Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3577

1       2       3              3577      
       3579              4532       4533       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19268

Sitting at HQ, wishing you all were here this afternoon. Although we have 2.5-3 inches of rain in the immediate forecast, so air to airs would be a bit soggy. I've got two days of shooting and a planning session with a new client that will take me through the end of the week, then I plan to do a little R&R with the Cub this weekend.

JWilsonphoto

You are hilarious Zim!!!

JWilsonphoto

Downloading "Mavericks" on all my Mac's this afternoon, weebeesee.

andiesmith
Total Posts: 12

Good luck with that Jim..I have not been brave enough to do so.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Confident...

Ooh, Larry, don't be doing that at any British airshows, dude!
(clicky)

Excellent series of portraits, Jay. Looks like you had some great light in the end. For planes, too.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Zim almost cost me a keyboard! Love those stairs!

Because of the results I get with both lenses Jim, I'm sooo hesitant to part with either my 300 f/2.8 or 500 f/4...

Adversary...

JWilsonphoto

I hear you Jay, they are spectacular. I remember thinking the same thing when Canon asked me to demo the 70-200 II, but it was just a little superior to the previous superior. Stuff only our group would probably notice, but who else matters?

JWilsonphoto

andiesmith wrote:
Good luck with that Jim..I have not been brave enough to do so.

Hi Andie,

Comments that I've seen have been very positive. For some reason I can't get it downloaded through my AT&T hotspot at HQ, keeps dropping it. Might have to bring that Mac home to update it.

JWilsonphoto

Hey Zim,

Would you update to the latest iMac at this juncture (hypothetically), or would you wait til December and take a look at the new Mac Pro? How fast is your iMac compared to your previous iMac, Thunderbolt not withstanding?

FlyingPhotog

Something about B&W just feels better for old Soviet hardware...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey Zim,

Would you update to the latest iMac at this juncture (hypothetically), or would you wait til December and take a look at the new Mac Pro? How fast is your iMac compared to your previous iMac, Thunderbolt not withstanding?

My 'new' iMac is almost a year old, now. It's so much faster than the four-year-old MacPro tower it replaced that I haven't given new hardware a thought since I got it. So I have no real opinion on the matter of a new MacPro vs. new iMac vs. old iMac (because I never did any serious editing on the old iMac).

Be aware that OS X Mavericks doesn't play nicely with Adobe CC, yet. I can make it work, now, but there were some early 'gotchas' that I've had to work around.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

This looks like something I want: DJI Phantom II with integral camera. Video comparison with the video and imagery from a GoPro HERO3 Black.

JWilsonphoto

I'm surprised at that comparison, my Hero 3 Blacks are producing much better quality footage than the split screen is depicting. No cmos jello to speak of. Now there is the 3+ that's supposed to be incrementally better than the 3.

FlyingPhotog

To my eye, I guess the Phantom looks "crisper" .. maybe?

Morning Mustang

FlyingPhotog

Caribou Flight Deck...

Highlight of the week may well have been the hour or so spent chatting with Bob Schrader, the crew chief on this aircraft. This very airframe was HIS aircraft in Viet Nam and he told some amazing stories...

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Downloading "Mavericks" on all my Mac's this afternoon, weebeesee.

Negative Ghostrider, your hard drives are full.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Zim almost cost me a keyboard! Love those stairs!

Because of the results I get with both lenses Jim, I'm sooo hesitant to part with either my 300 f/2.8 or 500 f/4...

Master of Jello

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Until very recently, I would have been perfectly satisfied with this result from my 300 f/2.8 + 1.7x extender. Now you all have me considering a 200-400 or larger prime. Gee, thanks a heap guys.

Erich

FlyingPhotog

Great shot Erich!

Jumping The Colors

JWilsonphoto

ELinder wrote:
Until very recently, I would have been perfectly satisfied with this result from my 300 f/2.8 + 1.7x extender. Now you all have me considering a 200-400 or larger prime. Gee, thanks a heap guys.

Erich

Sorry Erich, didn't we have you sign the disclaimer informing you that hanging around with this group will most probably cost you lots of money?

1       2       3              3577      
       3579              4532       4533       end