Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3573

1       2       3              3573      
       3575              4304       4305       end

Leo Hursh
Total Posts: 1608

Gero, I like the mood in your last shot. The B/W conversion suits it.

Leo Hursh

Training my hand to be steady...

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Leo,
Next time you'll have to get gate blur on the crossing gate

I like the fact that you've combined nice motion in the train with the clarity that you can still make out that it is a Burlington Northern boxcar.

Gero

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Jim and Mark,
have you had a chance to put the Hero3 through its paces yet? I'm considering getting one, and would very much appreciate your comments on its performance.

thanks,
Gero

Leo Hursh

I'll try for the gate blur next time Gero.

1/15 seemed to be just right for this one.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3356

Donald Gray wrote:
A newly built De Havaland Mosquito is is on its way from Auckland, New Zealand to Kansas to its new owner... The only one flying, I am told. I guess it will be doing the US air-shows..

Its new home will be at Jerry Yagen's The Fighter Factory in Virginia Beach, VA.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2389

dtw757 wrote:
Now that's a beauty, that's my lottery winnings aircraft...most fun I have ever had in a plane. Nicely captured.

A Slightly De-Mentor-ed Landing

Yeah, no kidding! Eyes and teeth and painted black.... That's my kind of aircraft :-)

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4494

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Love the 18 images Jay!

Thank You Sir...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1868

Leo Hursh wrote:
Wonderful work Jay and Jeff!

Thanks Leo. Your "wide view" of the parked BA's with the aerobatic smoke is wonderful.

A different view of opposing solos #5 and #6 launching into the vivid El Centro jello.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3553

Well thats a nice wakeup great shots Leo i like the train shot very steady

david russell
Total Posts: 749

I'm sitting here at LGA waiting to get home and watching a little 4 year old boy get jump-up-and-down excited each time a plane taxis by. It is so fun seeing that pure and simple joy.

ELinder
Total Posts: 473

A Raptor with whiskers.

Erich

runamuck
Total Posts: 6931

gerov wrote:
Leo,
Next time you'll have to get gate blur on the crossing gate

I like the fact that you've combined nice motion in the train with the clarity that you can still make out that it is a Burlington Northern boxcar.

Gero

It's not a boxcar. It's a hopper car.

I may not be able to tell if it's a Cayuse or Cobra at a distance, but I can still see rail cars!

Flameboy
Total Posts: 568

Hi Jim and everybody else,

It has been a while, but i sometimes peak inside here now and then... busy with all kinds of stuff, learned a lot in Photoshop-land, and recently started -picking up- drawing again (on my iPad that is..) so lots of new stuff which i would like to show later.. I see nothing has changed and quality has gone up, so it slike i haven't been away that long..

Greets,
Andras

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3553

Falcon Driver pushing some buttons

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2152

gerov wrote:
Jim and Mark,
have you had a chance to put the Hero3 through its paces yet? I'm considering getting one, and would very much appreciate your comments on its performance.

thanks,
Gero

I've only given it a quick test last weekend trying to do some time lapse on flights from GLA-LHR & LHR-GLA.

Flight 1. I messed this up. Thought I had the timelapse recording at 1 frame every 10 seconds. Discovered after I landed that the battery had been drained as I had been checking the setup via the built in wi-fi before the flight departed.

Flight 2. This flight was at night. Lots of reflections off the glass which ruined the timelapse. Hoping to be able to rectify this in the future.

The biggest issue is the wifi - it drains the battery pretty quick.

Haven't really tried the various video modes yet.

The flight attendants on the flights weren't too bothered by the go-pro - just intrigued that they had never seen a mini video camera stuck to the window using a suction cup before.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16101

Re: the Hero3, Haven't had time to give it a real work out, but here are my initial impressions. It's an amazing little camera. The quality is head and shoulders above the H2, and the wifi, extra frame rates, and 4K additions have tremendous potential. There is a learning curve, and it does eat batteries. Cost/value wise it's really no more than the H2 when you consider the fact that you get the wifi remote with it. I have three of them now, along with two H2 cameras and two originals. We had three more in the "Trust" but they were in Glenn's L39. There is no question that the H3 out performs it's competition in the areas of quality and features. Plan on the piggy back battery option for every unit you buy.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16101

Welcome back Andras! Hope all is wonderful in your neck of the woods.

KZinnack
Total Posts: 147

In about 3 weeks I will be in Socorro, New Mexico (75 miles south of Albuquerque)for 4 days. I will be attending a class there but hope to have time before and after class. Is anyone familiar with this area? Any suggestions on things to see or places to go with the camera?

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4494

About an hour to the west on US 60 is the Very Large Array
http://www.vla.nrao.edu/

About 30 minutes due south of Socorro is the Bosque Del Apache wildlife preserve.

1       2       3              3573      
       3575              4304       4305       end