Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3570

1       2       3              3570      
       3572              4132       4133       end

gerov
Total Posts: 8639

Lovely colors and texture in the sky on this one, Leo. Any chance you can produce an image that is framed in between the final and the original pano? Would love to see how that looks.

Gero

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2730

MMcGrath wrote:

No talking / string pulling required.
At the time that photo was taken, I was one of the few company employees who was flight deck authorised for travel due to the nature of what was my then job.

that was my next question - cool! Next your gonna tell us you got some right seat time!?

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 2961

Lovely, Leo!

But why are there a bunch of F-117's in the sky?

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2076

Glenn Watson wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:

No talking / string pulling required.
At the time that photo was taken, I was one of the few company employees who was flight deck authorised for travel due to the nature of what was my then job.

that was my next question - cool! Next your gonna tell us you got some right seat time!?

No, but I have "flown" 757 sim & Tornado F3 sim.
PPL has been lapsed for about 10 years.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2076

Crossing the Indian Ocean, heading towards AUH.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2293

stevez wrote:

Ha! I've probably told this before, but it reminds me of the first time I came the USA, and I had the window seat about 40,000ft over the north west US as we flew towards Texas. I looked out of the window just in time to see a loose formation of four B-2s fly past, about 10,000 feet below. That was quite a welcome :-)

ELinder
Total Posts: 372

Captain Autopilot at the controls.

Has anyone else bought Moose Peterson's eBook "Taking Flight"? I just bought it, but at 1.43 GB, it'll take about 12 hours to download on my dead-slow DSL connection.

Erich

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15448

stevez wrote:
Lovely, Leo!

You crack me up Zim! The "angry pot roast" line.......

JWilsonphoto

Leo your pano is beautiful! I'm assuming forgiveness was granted. Sheila is so used to it she has added several time zones related to me specifically:

Photographic Time: Incalculable to any degree, but has income attached so forgiveness is generally unnecessary. She roughly equates this time zone with the time it takes to watch grass grow, and views it as being just about as exciting.

Airport Time: Equally incalculable, but carries with it a myriad of labor related penalties prior to forgiveness.........uh, really acquiescence would be a better description.

JWilsonphoto

Anyone else notice that we're closing in on 4M hits? Whodathunkit!?

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

ELinder wrote:
Captain Autopilot at the controls.

Has anyone else bought Moose Peterson's eBook "Taking Flight"? I just bought it, but at 1.43 GB, it'll take about 12 hours to download on my dead-slow DSL connection.

Erich

Grabbing that for my trip to Florida, will see how that is during the flight.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Anyone else notice that we're closing in on 4M hits? Whodathunkit!?

Should we set a goal of 5M by AFW?

JWilsonphoto

I didn't know it until today, but one of my images was displayed on the big screen in the center of Times Square, kind of an honor. BTW, not the whole shot, please don't put my name on that, the image on the jumbotron........

JWilsonphoto

And there are a couple of rolling business cards around the country as well...............

JWilsonphoto

I love all my clients, but this one is 1 mile from HQ, which makes them a special treat to shoot for!

JWilsonphoto

Encore has a CEO who is a great guy and fastidious to boot. The manufacturing facilities, grounds, approaches to the grounds are immaculate at all times. Last week we were shooting a new manufacturing facility specializing in aluminum wire products. I was up on a scissor lift shooting a panoramic perspective of the facility. parts of the line are still under construction and there were a dozen palettes, some tools, and some trash in the right hand of the composition. I was already shutting down several hundred thousand dollars of wire production to get the image, dare I ask for a clean up on aisle 1? Our age old question about wanting the shot ran through my mind, so I asked. Within five minutes fork lifts were scurrying back and forth, and workers were all over the place. A half dozen guys showed up with rags and spray bottles to clean the yellow safety bumpers and the handrails. Last, but not least, the gentleman on the Tennant floor buffer came around the corner and put a spit shine on the whole scene. Gotta love the cooperation, and it made all the difference in the world.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7164

Flight of a different sort..?

JWilsonphoto

I'll bet that is an interesting read Laura.

JWilsonphoto

Ok Guys and Gals,

What opinions do you have re: pano techniques. Do you need special heads, special pano equipment? I don't have a ball head, probably should invest in a good Gitzo version. I have several assignments coming up where a very hi res pano might be a great addition.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 2961

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Ok Guys and Gals,

What opinions do you have re: pano techniques. Do you need special heads, special pano equipment? I don't have a ball head, probably should invest in a good Gitzo version. I have several assignments coming up where a very hi res pano might be a great addition.

I've got a variety of pano heads from a gizmo that cost $125 bucks (and won't really support a pro body and lens very sturdily) up to a Gigapan robotic pano-creation device. But you probably only need to make single row panos with the camera in portrait mode: is that right? If so, Really Right Stuff makes a nice, single-axis pano head and nodal slide for a reasonable price. Call me tomorrow and we can talk about it.

The great advantage of using a pano head, once you've got it set up properly for a given camera and lens combination, is that you can make panoramas that are easy to stitch, even when there is a lot of depth in the scene, front-to-back. I don't care what Scott Kelby says, you can't hand-hold a pano of a scene with lots of depth (or a macro pano) and expect decent results without tearing your hair out in post: the parallax kills you.

The RRS tutorial on pano gear and technique is here.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/WebsiteInfo.aspx?fc=108

[I swear this wasn't a TOP when I posted it last night: I owe you one]

1       2       3              3570      
       3572              4132       4133       end