Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3569

1       2       3              3569      
       3571              4873       4874       end

MrPlastic
Total Posts: 292

JWilsonphoto wrote:
The uninsurable healthcare promise, from the bill we had to pass to see what's in it, was discontinued last week, becase "it wasn't financially viable".

Can you link to more info, Shooter? Since my wife's an MD, I like to stay abreast of any changes in policy.

Mike

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3790

Hi Mark: Is that a simulator or the real deal?

yipDog
Total Posts: 148

Rare sight in Mesa, AZ. The Superstitions covered in snow. It was a very odd day...snow, lighting, hail, rain, biggest double rainbow I've ever seen, entire sky was bright orange at sunset.
And I decided to do a panorama that will print approx 22 feet wide!
Anyone need art for a large conference room?

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19080

MrPlastic wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
The uninsurable healthcare promise, from the bill we had to pass to see what's in it, was discontinued last week, becase "it wasn't financially viable".

Can you link to more info, Shooter? Since my wife's an MD, I like to stay abreast of any changes in policy.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Here it is, and it's even The Huff Post that covered it............

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/15/obamacare-uninsurable_n_2698435.html

JWilsonphoto

Hi Rob,

That pano is beautiful! I saw that you guys were getting every conceivable form of wx, and figured there would be some dramatic opportunities for all the talent that resides in the great state of AZ.

On a technical note, did you shoot the segments in portrait mode, or landscape. Any special head? I've been looking into pano gear for a couple of assignments, but I'm more confused about the technique/tools than I was when I started.

Again, remarkable composition and technical work. That would be absolutely breathtaking in 22' form!

JWilsonphoto

A couple of days ago it was bumping 80 here. This morning I finished up a shoot in sleet and 39 degrees. Never boring.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi David,

Isn't it amazing that common sense can't find it's way into any facet of the political spectrum? Can you buy a jumbo sized Snickers in NY? Can you buy a big steak? Can you buy a carton of Marlboros? Why would you draw a line with a soft drink? And, just where in the heck do you stop drawing lines once you have insinuated yourself into the citizenry's private lives? Maybe we should have a federal "cash for coke" program where we use tax dollars to buy soft drinks back from the public for multiples of it's street value? Now that sounds like something our braniacs in DC would go for.

Be careful Jim, because we don't want to give DC any more ideas. I think it is time to vote them out, but what goes back in may be even worse.

If Sequestration does occur, Alabama's Governor Bentley is predicting that 40,000 people would lose their jobs, and that is just short term, because we all now that these cuts will affect other businesses in the long run.

For what it is worth, I have never believed we were in a recession. I honestly think that we are in the midst of a new Great Depression. If not, than we are very close to it.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2634

Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn,

Thats the real deal mate. The blue on the windows is due to it being shot around dawn.

Mark

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

MMcGrath wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn,

Thats the real deal mate. The blue on the windows is due to it being shot around dawn.

Mark

It's a stunning shot, Mark. How did you talk your way into the cockpit with a camera for takeoff?

gerov
Total Posts: 9001

Beautiful pano, Rob. I'd also like to hear how the shot was composed and what gear you used.

Gero

MMcGrath

No talking / string pulling required.
At the time that photo was taken, I was one of the few company employees who was flight deck authorised for travel due to the nature of what was my then job.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Wow Rob that pano is truly beautiful. Just about every color in the spectrum captured there.

Leo Hursh
Total Posts: 1651

Gorgeous pano Rob!

I shot this last evening while waiting for the sunset to develop. I had to beg for a bit of forgiveness from my wife for being home late for dinner.

Leo Hursh
Total Posts: 1651

And this is what it turned into...

gerov
Total Posts: 9001

Lovely colors and texture in the sky on this one, Leo. Any chance you can produce an image that is framed in between the final and the original pano? Would love to see how that looks.

Gero

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3790

MMcGrath wrote:

At the time that photo was taken, I was one of the few company employees who was flight deck authorised for travel due to the nature of what was my then job.

that was my next question - cool! Next your gonna tell us you got some right seat time!?

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

Lovely, Leo!

But why are there a bunch of F-117's in the sky?

MMcGrath

Glenn Watson wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:

that was my next question - cool! Next your gonna tell us you got some right seat time!?

No, but I have "flown" 757 sim & Tornado F3 sim.
PPL has been lapsed for about 10 years.

MMcGrath

Crossing the Indian Ocean, heading towards AUH.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2754

stevez wrote:
But why are there a bunch of F-117's in the sky?

Ha! I've probably told this before, but it reminds me of the first time I came the USA, and I had the window seat about 40,000ft over the north west US as we flew towards Texas. I looked out of the window just in time to see a loose formation of four B-2s fly past, about 10,000 feet below. That was quite a welcome :-)

1       2       3              3569      
       3571              4873       4874       end