Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3563

1       2       3              3563      
       3565              4531       4532       end

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

Seems Apple have released the Mavericks operating system as a free upgrade.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4094

After enjoying Tim's photo's from the ALMS and just finished watching an episode of the Discovery Patrick Dempsey Racing Le Mans just went again true the folder the bug started to itch yet again but as far i can see for now we will not be going to next years 24H to bad.

So here the Corvette Europe team in the wet just before the end....

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Dempsey just announced yesterday they are going to try to race again at Le Mans in 2014.

http://sportscar365.com/wec/lemans/dempsey-returns-with-porsche-plans-expansion/

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

J-A - that is awesome. How did you stay dry

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

I'm really looking forward to seeing the different results we all got from the same show. Here's the reworked iPad image I already posted and 2 more.

Al, when I told your hotel how you had gotten my receptionist to give me a hard time he was eager to help out. What goes around comes around.

Erich

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Angry wrote:
Yes that's right I got pranked.
Got back to my motel in Allen after being lost for an hour and a half. .
To find reception telling me my room had been canceled and there was a wedding on with no rooms left..WHAT ??
Luckily reception calmed me down to tell me it was a prank. .
Erich you got me....Hahaha.
I really appreciate the wonderful hospitality and great friendship shown by all the MA2A crew ..and a special thanks to Jim for his help in organizing my stay.
Great to meet you all.
And a special thanks to Steve Zimmerman for putting up with me.

Al's being too modest: far from putting up with him, I found Angry to be anything but: he's excellent company and an admirably affordable chauffeur.

Not to mention the beautifully hand-carved-and-painted boomerang he presented me with at HQ the first evening. I don't think I'll fling it in anger, though, because it has the specific gravity of U238.

stevezzzz

ELinder wrote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing the different results we all got from the same show. Here's the reworked iPad image I already posted and 2 more.

Erich

I really like how the rework turned out, Erich. And the evening arrival shot is beautiful, particularly since I'm in it: that speck on the runway is Jay and me rolling out in the Remos.

stevezzzz

I've mentioned shooting in Europe with the Olympus PEN EP-5; it was the only camera I took on my trip to Italy and all the air-to-ground shots I posted yesterday were shot with it, too.

But while I was in Texas a package arrived from Amazon containing my new OMD EM-1, which the b***rds announced only a week or so after I bought the EP-5. Which means (and you heard it here first) my Micro Four Thirds Olympus PEN EP-5 kit is up for sale. It's in great shape except for a little scuffing of the corners of the bottom plate; I've put about 8300 frames through it since it arrived on my doorstep on August 19 and it has worked flawlessly.

The kit contains the 16MP EP-5 camera body in black-on-black, the Oly 17mm f/1.8 lens in black and the new VF-4 detachable electronic viewfinder. I paid $1449 for the lot; I'll let the kit go to a good home for $1249. I'm also willing to part it out if someone were interested in the body alone, but wanted different glass. I kind of like the 17mm f/1.8: it's small and light and very sharp, so I'm willing to keep it.

Speaking of glass, I also overbought in that department. The two lenses I use almost exclusively have turned out to be the Oly 75mm f/1.8 and the Panasonic 12-35 f/2.8: but I've also got an Oly 45mm f/1.8 in black, an Oly 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 and an Oly 14-150mm f/4.0-5.6. I'm keeping the 75 and the 12-35 but all the rest are up for grabs.

PM me if interested.

stevezzzz

Here's first light on the OMD EM-1, a stereo-X pair showing Longs Peak behind Marcia and Lola, our yellow Lab, during our morning walk.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Home in one piece...

Thanks again to everyone for a great week!

stevezzzz

That's just awesome, Jay!

Your photo pilot must have been a pretty good stick to get you in position for a shot like this.

stevezzzz

Here's my pick from the same pass Erich posted a bit earlier.

Caution: Objects In Photo Were Much Darker Than They Appear

FlyingPhotog

stevez wrote:
That's just awesome, Jay!

Your photo pilot must have been a pretty good stick to get you in position for a shot like this.

Thanks Steve...

Couldn't have done it without ya!

Subject took direction really well too!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19261

Great stuff Guys and Gal! Love the moon image Jay! HQ Thursday and AFW seem to be the only time I am on the opposite side of a camera, felt weird A whole day went buy and I didn't pick up a camera, I did pick up Hutchins though, and that was important

Al, sorry we weren't able to get part of one last day in today. The dawn shot worked, then I raced to the airport to fly a dozen aerials (incredible day for that!!!), then to a planning session, then Photoshopping the take from all the aerials and getting it to a courier to deliver to the client. Tomorrow and Thursday should be a slightly slower pace, and all at the same location.

A sample of the clarity today................

FlyingPhotog

Spirit Of The Night

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

Here's a few from KTKI. Turns out that you can get some stuff from the back seat of a Cessna after all (when you're not holding the window up for your fellow shooter since Cub speed is somewhat slower than Window holding-itself-up speed, ha ha)

david russell
Total Posts: 754

Very nice Jo......the third one really catches my eye.

FlyingPhotog

Well Done Jo!

JWilsonphoto

Wonderful Jo! I agree, the third image is particularly magical!

Jay, that one of The Spirit is breathtaking!

As you find these jewels, would you consider sending them to me in the largest jpeg form? I'd like to keep a folder of our activities, both the aviation images and the ones of us just hanging out. I have a couple of ideas that would make great remembrances. Whatever you might have from last year would be great as well.

Thanks!

JWilsonphoto

Pre-dawn...............

1       2       3              3563      
       3565              4531       4532       end