Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3561

1       2       3              3561      
       3563              4341       4342       end

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9752

Rapturous Raptor, Jay.

Please pardon the lack of a TOPP image, I'm headed out the door right this minute. I'll be back on Tuesday and post something then.

ELinder
Total Posts: 509

Still in the Dayton Air Force Museum, the Douglas A-24.

Erich

R.Reijne
Total Posts: 534

FlyingPhotog wrote:
AFAIK, Dover, Langley and Seymour-Johnson are the first three casualties...

announced just 15min. ago also Luke AFB airshow.

Roel.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4540

...and now Luke pulled the plug.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3599

Well if it goes like this it will be a quiet year

FlyingPhotog

Is it July yet?

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16220

This is just the tip of iceberg of inconveniences folks, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I'm sure however that this is all George Bush's fault.

I'm fine with it, just as long as that lady in PA got her Obama Phone, the Georgetown Law coed has her birth control, the Solyndra execs get to bask in tropical sunlight, and we're all enrolled in the 20k annual Bronze plan of the affordable healthcare act.

Votes have consequences. Now comes the weebeesee, this is just the beginning.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2242

...and don't forget, sequestration came from Mr. Obama himself, passed by Congress and signed by him...he owns it!

Additionally, the USAF began practicing their new takeoff profile to save fuel...

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Wrei wrote:
...and don't forget, sequestration came from Mr. Obama himself, passed by Congress and signed by him...he owns it!

Additionally, the USAF began practicing their new takeoff profile to save fuel...

I remember this happening, wonder if you were the guy standing next to me by the tent that day? Small world.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2242

Checked out your FB page, and yep, I was next to you, I remember your smile.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3426

Jan-Arie wrote:
Jay you have to Stop

As of now no Alliance for me this year don't got the permission for the week following the airshow..

Caution Jet Blast

The 2001 B1 departure at RAF Cottesmore

Bummer, J-A. We'll miss you.

At Alliance last year, you may recall the B-1 sat with the engines running on the static ramp for a good half hour after taxiing in from landing. I talked to one of the pilots later in the weekend: they needed to taxi another 50 feet to their final position on the ramp, but none of the available tugs were strong enough and they were afraid of blowing over the Tora, Tora, Tora airplanes with their jet blast. Took that long to move the TTT planes so the B-1 could blast its way into position. Gotta wonder how much it costs to idle a B-1 for half an hour...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3599

stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Jay you have to Stop

As of now no Alliance for me this year don't got the permission for the week following the airshow..

Caution Jet Blast

Will have another try to talk with some co workers if they are willing to shift if not to bad but with all the cancellations and no options to take time off during the summer holidays the chance is very slim.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2872

Groupon has a deal for aluminum prints from Aluminyze:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/aluminyze-1?utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=227502&utm_source=rvs

Thinking of giving it a try - 16x20's are usually $100, but with this deal they would be $35.

What kind of image works best on aluminum? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Thanks,

Mark

FlyingPhotog

stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Jay you have to Stop

Caution Jet Blast

At Alliance last year, you may recall the B-1 sat with the engines running on the static ramp for a good half hour after taxiing in from landing. I talked to one of the pilots later in the weekend: they needed to taxi another 50 feet to their final position on the ramp, but none of the available tugs were strong enough and they were afraid of blowing over the Tora, Tora, Tora airplanes with their jet blast. Took that long to move the TTT planes so the B-1 could blast its way into position. Gotta wonder how much it costs to idle a B-1 for half an hour...

Interesting spin on that...

Someone else had said that they had to sit while the TBirds were up because the regs say nothing else can move while they're flying.

I like your version better.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1556

At this rate y'all might have to come up to Abbotsford to get your airshow on.

JWilsonphoto

Bummer Jan Arie! We may have a historic line up for my photo seminar attendees to assist me with on the 2013 A2A missions. Too early to drop names, but this is going to be very cool. No matter what happens militarily speaking, AFW will continue to have a strong military component, for obvious reasons.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2648

Finished off the EAA pics,

http://www.timadamsphotography.com/tim_adams_motorsports_and_avia216.htm

JWilsonphoto

FlyingPhotog wrote:
stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Jay you have to Stop

Caution Jet Blast

Interesting spin on that...

Someone else had said that they had to sit while the TBirds were up because the regs say nothing else can move while they're flying.

I like your version better.

The Thunderbird Rule is nothing can move within their designated box, from the time they begin the audio portion of their routine to the closing line up and salute.

Leo Hursh
Total Posts: 1608

Bummer to hear about the cancellations...

ELinder
Total Posts: 509

Am I missing something obvious here? Is there no way to confine a search to a specific thread instead of a whole section?

Jim, have any of your air-air subjects taken photos of the Prowler during those formation flights? I don't remember seeing one here.

Erich

1       2       3              3561      
       3563              4341       4342       end