Total Posts: 3638

pffft awesome also the other one with the P51's

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Pesky hogs! Love the close up

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2186

FlyingPhotog wrote:
One Of These Things, Is Not Like The Others...

Yep. One of them is polished.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2186

JWilsonphoto wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
New toy finally arrived.

Now a Gopro Hero 3 Black edition owner.

Congrats Mark! Betcha can't own just one!!

For the moment 1 will do.

Now I've got to figure out the following:

A) How many shots I can fit onto a 32gb card over a 12hr timelapse at max resolution.

B) How to keep the camera powered for a full 12 hrs to do the timelapse - especially as my only power sources will be either 1) spare batteries or the battery back pack or 2) Airplane in-seat power supply, so may be able to trickle charge the battery.

Mark,

You could use the car charger and bring one of those brick batteries with the car charger adapter connected. I have one I used in the 182 for my 496 as a back up. If you would like, I'll post a couple of pix of the set up.

It's ok thanks. The 777-300 (tad bigger than the 182) has in seat power points with proper plug sockets. The issue is whether it would actually provide enough power to trickle charge the battery during the flight. Also seeing what length of USB cable would be needed to run from a plug to the Gopro.

yipDog
Total Posts: 133

MMcGrath wrote:

Yep. One of them is polished.

!!! Nice!!!

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4553

Well Played Mark!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1909

KPHX tones and contrasts...

FlyingPhotog

Kinda Dreamy Jeff...

Maybe how the airlines want us to feel?

Nice job getting the sun shafts to read.

FlyingPhotog

Be Mine Phorever...
In honor of Valentine's Day

astrobrian

Is that with the Clarity going negative? Either way nice piece of heaven there Jeff.

Jay, Phorever is exactly right.

astrobrian

A newborn Gulfstream

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16230

I'm thinking that any hope Sheila ever had of a cruise, other than one of the Viking River variety, has vanished. I never want to be farther than I can swim from shore. Carnival might as well carve that piece of junk up for scrap. They offered everyone a hotel room in Mobile, or a bus ride to Houston. Now that 9 hour bus ride would be just about as pleasant as the cruise.

The dock at Mobile Bay must be filled to capacity with lawyers. I don't think the $500 in cash and a free cruise is going to pacify those folks.

Walter S
Total Posts: 760

In case you all missed it on the regular forum... I was at Vandenberg Air Force Base over the weekend to photograph NASA's Landsat Data Continuity Mission on Monday. It was my first visit to VAFB and I was extremely lucky as there was none of the famous fog at the launch site! The last clear Atlas daytime launch from Vandenberg occurred in 1999!

I photoblogged about the trip HERE.

Here are a couple favorites.

#1 A remote, sound triggered camera, captured this view of the rocket lifting off only 150ft away.

#2 Another view from one of my remote cameras.

JWilsonphoto

Hi Guys and Gals,

FYI, I've been thinking about it for some time, I just deleted my Facebook account. I never really spent much time on it, so why have all that hanging out there. Ditto for the ISAP Facebook page. I've gotten some heat, third or fourth hand, for not being an accessible board member on that page. Candidly, ISAP requires quite enough of my time, and I'm plenty accessible if someone feels the need to contact me. Just a step to simplify life a bit. Just didn't want anyone here to think I "unfriended" them, that is not the case.

JW

Tim Ashton
Total Posts: 3071

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I'm thinking that any hope Sheila ever had of a cruise, other than one of the Viking River variety, has vanished. I never want to be farther than I can swim from shore. Carnival might as well carve that piece of junk up for scrap. They offered everyone a hotel room in Mobile, or a bus ride to Houston. Now that 9 hour bus ride would be just about as pleasant as the cruise.

The dock at Mobile Bay must be filled to capacity with lawyers. I don't think the $500 in cash and a free cruise is going to pacify those folks.

Jim,

They just might have done you and Sheila a favour. Personally I couldnt think of any thing worse than being cooped up on a ship with 3998 people just like my neighbours. I know people from down under who have been regulars to the USA and buy a second hand car and work it over region by region, and apart from your amazing scenery, when people hear the accent and ask "Aussie or Limey?" the world opens up for them.

It is the same the world over. People, esp off the beaten track are generous as well as proud of their country. Dont listen to the doomsayers who tell you the world is dangerous. (well maybe Central and Sth America isnt too good these days, or so I hear) but SE Asia is amazing. For a soft landing try Cambodia; Raffles Le Royale in Phnom Penh is where Jacquie Kennedy stayed. Unfortunately you can no longer get a room there for $105 per night because the world has discovered Indo Chine but it is worth the stay just to experience the bath towels. And of course Angkor is on par with the Pyramids

I have a retired friend who manages an aid program there. They make concrete rain water tanks for villagers and schools, which might sound silly but there are high levels of arsenic in many of the underground aquifiers. It might get a little rough (It is on my bucket list) but eight or ten days in the field with there local country manager and you will get to places that are so far out of the tourist circuit you will think you are in heaven.

Just get out there with that big grin of yours and dont expect perfection (Because they and their culture are different) and you will love it

Reckon your clients can spare you for three weeks?? They have to. Go while you are still young

Tim

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2107

This is a news story and video from this mornings meteor in Russia. Over 500 people were injured when the sonic boom shattered windows in buildings and cars.

http://www.necn.com/02/15/13/VIDEO-Meteor-estimated-at-10-tons-falls-/landing_weather.html?blockID=831321&feedID=4211

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2107

Jay, phenomenal (I don't believe I have used that word yet) shot of the Warthog. Rivet counters beware.

mngpsnut
Total Posts: 77

Jeff, you have painted an image that seems like its done in the late 60's. Well done Jeff

Jeff W. wrote:
KPHX tones and contrasts...

JWilsonphoto

Good Morning Tim,

Thanks for the tips! I'm afraid I missed the "while you're still young" window. We're going to do a Viking River Cruise sometime this year.

Hope you and your family are recuperating from your medical ordeal. I've been thinking about you all multiple times a day. Life's a bit of a scary proposition at times.

JW

1       2       3              3559      
       3561              4356       4357       end