Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3558

1       2       3              3558      
3559
       3560              4856       4857       end

Angry
Registered: Nov 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1216
Country: Australia

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just noticed a post from Tim Ashton, keep all of the Ashton's in your prayers. His daughter is recovering from emergency open heart surgery.



Thinking & praying for you & your loved ones tim...
Hope the little one makes a speedy recovery.

Al



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Love those large and loud shots J-A! Just Gorgeous!!

The Rat Pack
Heritage Flight Conference 2012
(Sammy) Davis-Monthan AFB



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

One Raptor Rocketing



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Ready Break!



yipDog
Registered: Mar 06, 2012
Total Posts: 148
Country: United States

Jay...You have raised the bar again my friend!
If images like those were in my library...I might just be happy enough to call aviation photography conquered and move on to something else! (don't cause you fans including me will hunt you down!)



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Went with a little moody look to this one



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 18972
Country: United States

MMcGrath wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
New toy finally arrived.

Now a Gopro Hero 3 Black edition owner.



Congrats Mark! Betcha can't own just one!!


For the moment 1 will do.

Now I've got to figure out the following:

A) How many shots I can fit onto a 32gb card over a 12hr timelapse at max resolution.

B) How to keep the camera powered for a full 12 hrs to do the timelapse - especially as my only power sources will be either 1) spare batteries or the battery back pack or 2) Airplane in-seat power supply, so may be able to trickle charge the battery.


Mark,

You could use the car charger and bring one of those brick batteries with the car charger adapter connected. I have one I used in the 182 for my 496 as a back up. If you would like, I'll post a couple of pix of the set up.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

yipDog wrote:
Jay...You have raised the bar again my friend!
If images like those were in my library...I might just be happy enough to call aviation photography conquered and move on to something else! (don't cause you fans including me will hunt you down!)


Thanks Rob...

Great, another reason to watch my back!



J Mosher
Registered: Dec 26, 2007
Total Posts: 174
Country: United States

Jay, that Cirrus shot is Top Notch! Very nice!

JM



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2408
Country: United States

astrobrian wrote:
Went with a little moody look to this one


Dear Brian:

I very much appreciate the "moody" treatment you gave Devil Dog. I like the overall composition and how you've allowed the 25 to partially blend into the darker tones in the lower half of the frame. It helps give the weather/clouds some emphasis that conveys the "mood" I assume you were trying to achieve. Lastly, I appreciate your willingness to take some risk with the processing method you've chosen. It would be easy if not compelling to let an icon like Devil Dog be the dominant element and tonality - especially in a color version. Well done sir



ELinder
Registered: Feb 14, 2010
Total Posts: 974
Country: United States

As soon as I saw this display in Dayton it reminded me of a Bob Stevens cartoon set-up.

"Cadet, you will not finish training any quicker by combining spot landings and dive bombing practice!"

Erich



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Had a good shoot today at KAUS, everything came together. This is N909NN, old paint scheme, which is interesting given that 908NN has been getting all the press with the new one.



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Jeff W. wrote:
astrobrian wrote:
Went with a little moody look to this one


Dear Brian:

I very much appreciate the "moody" treatment you gave Devil Dog. I like the overall composition and how you've allowed the 25 to partially blend into the darker tones in the lower half of the frame. It helps give the weather/clouds some emphasis that conveys the "mood" I assume you were trying to achieve. Lastly, I appreciate your willingness to take some risk with the processing method you've chosen. It would be easy if not compelling to let an icon like Devil Dog be the dominant element and tonality - especially in a color version. Well done sir


Thank you for that sir I was worried that the processing turn the Dog black was going to take away from things but seems not. The clouds were a great element though I could not make them pop with the HDR effects without making the shot look overly fake. Hence what I did here to get them to sing. Again thanks for the kind words.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

One Of These Things, Is Not Like The Others...



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Hogging My Viewfinder!



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4053
Country: Netherlands

pffft awesome also the other one with the P51's



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Pesky hogs! Love the close up



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2621
Country: United Kingdom

FlyingPhotog wrote:
One Of These Things, Is Not Like The Others...


Yep. One of them is polished.



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2621
Country: United Kingdom

JWilsonphoto wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
New toy finally arrived.

Now a Gopro Hero 3 Black edition owner.



Congrats Mark! Betcha can't own just one!!


For the moment 1 will do.

Now I've got to figure out the following:

A) How many shots I can fit onto a 32gb card over a 12hr timelapse at max resolution.

B) How to keep the camera powered for a full 12 hrs to do the timelapse - especially as my only power sources will be either 1) spare batteries or the battery back pack or 2) Airplane in-seat power supply, so may be able to trickle charge the battery.


Mark,

You could use the car charger and bring one of those brick batteries with the car charger adapter connected. I have one I used in the 182 for my 496 as a back up. If you would like, I'll post a couple of pix of the set up.


It's ok thanks. The 777-300 (tad bigger than the 182) has in seat power points with proper plug sockets. The issue is whether it would actually provide enough power to trickle charge the battery during the flight. Also seeing what length of USB cable would be needed to run from a plug to the Gopro.




yipDog
Registered: Mar 06, 2012
Total Posts: 148
Country: United States

MMcGrath wrote:


Yep. One of them is polished.



!!! Nice!!!



1       2       3              3558      
3559
       3560              4856       4857       end