Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3558

1       2       3              3558      
       3560              4253       4254       end

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3508

MMcGrath wrote:
Few pages back, I mentioned using a modified RTL1090 USB TV receiver as an ADS-B receiver.

If anyone is interested, the information on how to do this can be found here:

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=71933

Thanks Mark I have registered at Fighter Control awaiting approval will be receiving my kit Tomorrow

gerov
Total Posts: 8663

MMcGrath wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:

For the moment 1 will do.

Now I've got to figure out the following:

A) How many shots I can fit onto a 32gb card over a 12hr timelapse at max resolution.

B) How to keep the camera powered for a full 12 hrs to do the timelapse - especially as my only power sources will be either 1) spare batteries or the battery back pack or 2) Airplane in-seat power supply, so may be able to trickle charge the battery.

Mark,
I would think tht if you're doing a 12 hour timelapse in an airplane, that you would be able to power down and swap out batteries without any impact on the timelapse, especially if this is at 35K feet over the Atlantic. This might be the easiest solution, assuming that you can do this without removing the GoPro from its mount and changing the framing/camera angle.

Just a thought.

Gero

Jan-Arie

Curtiss P-40F Warhawk 41-19841

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2919

Tucano.....drool....

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2574

Jan-Arie wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
Few pages back, I mentioned using a modified RTL1090 USB TV receiver as an ADS-B receiver.

Thanks Mark I have registered at Fighter Control awaiting approval will be receiving my kit Tomorrow

I wonder how many who see Lefty's old plane in Europe have any idea about the history of that plane?

Jan-Arie

Tim Adams wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:

I wonder how many who see Lefty's old plane in Europe have any idea about the history of that plane?

Most of the fans the WWII airplane fans know about the history of this plane but the majority of the common people don't know about Lefty's White Lightning don't know if the lightning is operational again after I saw i fly last year it was grounded due to some cracks or crack in the main wing spar or wing don't know for sure...

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just noticed a post from Tim Ashton, keep all of the Ashton's in your prayers. His daughter is recovering from emergency open heart surgery.

Thinking & praying for you & your loved ones tim...
Hope the little one makes a speedy recovery.

Al

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4371

Love those large and loud shots J-A! Just Gorgeous!!

The Rat Pack
Heritage Flight Conference 2012
(Sammy) Davis-Monthan AFB

FlyingPhotog

One Raptor Rocketing

FlyingPhotog

Ready Break!

yipDog
Total Posts: 127

Jay...You have raised the bar again my friend!
If images like those were in my library...I might just be happy enough to call aviation photography conquered and move on to something else! (don't cause you fans including me will hunt you down!)

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Went with a little moody look to this one

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15945

MMcGrath wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
New toy finally arrived.

Now a Gopro Hero 3 Black edition owner.

Congrats Mark! Betcha can't own just one!!

For the moment 1 will do.

Now I've got to figure out the following:

A) How many shots I can fit onto a 32gb card over a 12hr timelapse at max resolution.

B) How to keep the camera powered for a full 12 hrs to do the timelapse - especially as my only power sources will be either 1) spare batteries or the battery back pack or 2) Airplane in-seat power supply, so may be able to trickle charge the battery.

Mark,

You could use the car charger and bring one of those brick batteries with the car charger adapter connected. I have one I used in the 182 for my 496 as a back up. If you would like, I'll post a couple of pix of the set up.

FlyingPhotog

yipDog wrote:
Jay...You have raised the bar again my friend!
If images like those were in my library...I might just be happy enough to call aviation photography conquered and move on to something else! (don't cause you fans including me will hunt you down!)

Thanks Rob...

Great, another reason to watch my back!

J Mosher
Total Posts: 161

Jay, that Cirrus shot is Top Notch! Very nice!

JM

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1835

astrobrian wrote:

Dear Brian:

I very much appreciate the "moody" treatment you gave Devil Dog. I like the overall composition and how you've allowed the 25 to partially blend into the darker tones in the lower half of the frame. It helps give the weather/clouds some emphasis that conveys the "mood" I assume you were trying to achieve. Lastly, I appreciate your willingness to take some risk with the processing method you've chosen. It would be easy if not compelling to let an icon like Devil Dog be the dominant element and tonality - especially in a color version. Well done sir

ELinder
Total Posts: 404

As soon as I saw this display in Dayton it reminded me of a Bob Stevens cartoon set-up.

"Cadet, you will not finish training any quicker by combining spot landings and dive bombing practice!"

Erich

astrobrian

Had a good shoot today at KAUS, everything came together. This is N909NN, old paint scheme, which is interesting given that 908NN has been getting all the press with the new one.

astrobrian

Jeff W. wrote:
astrobrian wrote:

Dear Brian:

I very much appreciate the "moody" treatment you gave Devil Dog. I like the overall composition and how you've allowed the 25 to partially blend into the darker tones in the lower half of the frame. It helps give the weather/clouds some emphasis that conveys the "mood" I assume you were trying to achieve. Lastly, I appreciate your willingness to take some risk with the processing method you've chosen. It would be easy if not compelling to let an icon like Devil Dog be the dominant element and tonality - especially in a color version. Well done sir

Thank you for that sir I was worried that the processing turn the Dog black was going to take away from things but seems not. The clouds were a great element though I could not make them pop with the HDR effects without making the shot look overly fake. Hence what I did here to get them to sing. Again thanks for the kind words.

FlyingPhotog

One Of These Things, Is Not Like The Others...

1       2       3              3558      
       3560              4253       4254       end