1       2       3              3554      
       3556              4253       4254       end

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Happy birthday Jay!

Edit:TOPP Devil Dog winter hibernation.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15945

Glad they are checking her over good! I plan to put a lot of hours on her this year!!

JWilsonphoto

Happy Birthday Jay! Go celebrate and burn some exquisite digits to commemorate it. It's a day to celebrate for all of us because we are certainly better in many ways because you waltzed into our lives!

JWilsonphoto

Ok, been burning the candle at both ends, first on assignment, then for the past two days on behalf of ISAP. I'm ready for a day or so of R&R. I'm crawling under a big down comforter and catching a few well deserved 's.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Glad they are checking her over good! I plan to put a lot of hours on her this year!!

First show as I understand it is March 9th in Brownsville provided everything is finished.

Sam_S
Total Posts: 255

Went to the airport yesterday for some snow action. Here's what stood out.

JWilsonphoto

Welcome Sam! Those are all great, but the last one is especially beautiful.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3215

Indeed, Sam: welcome! Where did you shoot these? Nice contrast between the bucolic and the technological.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3508

Hey Sam welcome great stuff great atmosphere in your photo's..

Guys check this video cool behind the scenes of the media dep at the George Bush Carrier

GeorgeBushMediaDep

It's on facebook so I don't know if it viewable for everybody

waterflyboy22
Total Posts: 755

I may be way off here, but my guess is Sam was shooting at Zurich?

Sam_S
Total Posts: 255

Thanks Guys.

waterflyboy22 wrote:
I may be way off here, but my guess is Sam was shooting at Zurich?

Correct! Was below freezing point the whole day. We rarely get a sunny snow days so I can't complain.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4371

Thanks All for the birthday wishes. Just glad to be here.

Welcome Sam! Nice introduction.

JWilsonphoto

Tell you what, I know they say a carrier deck is the most dangerous place in the world, and I'm sure that's true, but an oil rig/oil field site has to rank right up there. I'm working closely with more and more crews these days and it amazes me that any of them have any fingers, toes, arms, legs left. What a fascinating and sobering process it is watching these pros do their jobs. "Drill Baby Drill! is significantly easier to say than to do.

stevezzzz

Jan-Arie wrote:
Hey Sam welcome great stuff great atmosphere in your photo's..

Guys check this video cool behind the scenes of the media dep at the George Bush Carrier

GeorgeBushMediaDep

It's on facebook so I don't know if it viewable for everybody

Scott Kelby got to spend a couple of days on the same carrier recently and devoted an episode of The Grid to the experience. He's got nothing but nice things to say about the media department. And get a load of their equipment room! Looks like the photo of Canon's storeroom at the Olympics that floated around last summer, except in this case the gear's all Nikon.

http://kelbytv.com/thegrid/2013/01/31/the-grid-episode-83-aircraft-carrier-shoot/

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3508

Cool Steve have missed that one going to check it out

Well that was cool that guy is hilarious good fun

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9701

I've been working on a presentation for the last 8 hours straight. Dropped in here for a spot of pixel medicine... thanks to all of you for the respite.

For anyone who needs to present anything, check out Prezi for an eye-opener. It's a non-linear presentation tool, immensely powerful visually but very easy to use. I've decried the miserable linearity of PowerPoint for years, and Prezi has revolutionized my ability to convey complex messages in a manner that's clear, compelling, and interesting.

stevezzzz

I poked around on the Prezi website for a bit. It's not clear to me what it gains you over PowerPoint aside from a zooming interface...or is that it: that you can navigate a tree-structured set of slides easily, without losing the people you're presenting to? I didn't sign up or try to create anything in Prezi, so help me understand, please.

stevezzzz

I would like to show you something aviation-oriented, but I'm still working images from NZ and Doubtful Sound...

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9701

stevez wrote:
I poked around on the Prezi website for a bit. It's not clear to me what it gains you over PowerPoint aside from a zooming interface...or is that it: that you can navigate a tree-structured set of slides easily, without losing the people you're presenting to? I didn't sign up or try to create anything in Prezi, so help me understand, please.

Just as soon as I'm done with this coming week... not achieving much forward motion today since this is a complex presentation and I really want it to be perfect, so things are taking forever.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2815

Happy birthday, Jay!

Here's what we had to deal with yesterday.

We "only" had about 24 inches of snow (some parts of the state had 30"), but some drifts were pretty deep. This one is about 42 inches (that's a 48-inch rule sticking out), and I had to cut through this to get to the bird feeders and the fuel oil fill pipe.

Some pretty good drifts in the driveway too, but one side of my car had bare ground:

The street was going to be a problem:

Thankfully our neighbor Tony is generous with his Bobcat:

Only the back half of the Miata was buried:

This northern flicker was having a tough time

But this cardinal seemed to be just fine

Even with Tony's help, I spent about 6 hours clearing. One of our other neighbors is a nurse in a neonatal intensive care unit. She went to work Friday night and she hasn't been back. We always team up to do her driveway so she doesn't have to worry about that. She even leaves us her snowblower.

Roads are clear today, but narrow, and the snow piles at major intersections make it hard to see merging traffic. No school tomorrow so they have more time to clear away the piles. Did some x-country skiing today when my daughter was at hockey practice, and hope to get out again some nights this week after work.

Overall, no real problems, although my relatives on the south shore may not see their power back for at least a few more days.

Mark

1       2       3              3554      
       3556              4253       4254       end