Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3548

1       2       3              3548      
       3550              4285       4286       end

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9714

You have no idea how deeply I regret not having met you and Jay during the three years I lived in Phoenix.

(And access has nothing to do with it.)

ELinder
Total Posts: 431

Wow to both the image and the opportunity to be near the runway.

Erich

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2834

Kingfishphoto wrote:
My deepest thanks to all on this caring MA2A group.
Thanks
Harry

Harry, my apologies for being late, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. January has certainly been a tough month. I hope our words of comfort have helped you get through this.

Been in Sarasota for the last couple of days for work, and now scrambling to get back to Boston before the forecast blizzard. We were originally scheduled to land into the teeth of it at 5pm Friday, but managed to switch to a late flight home Thursday night. Hopefully JetBlue won't cancel that one.

Although I can think of much worse places to be stranded because of a blizzard, I would really like to get home and not leave my family to deal with the storm without me. Plus I love snowstorms.

Mark

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16065

Safe home Mark. I have always loved snowstorms too, something magical, always hate to see the snow taper off.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4432

I think I'd like to have one of these as a "Grocery Getter"

(Ok, so the store is in San Diego...)

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1661

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
No worries, Jeff... I'm having zero success at the 3D pairs as well. You are certainly not the only one.

That Falcon is an outstanding image, even for you. Do I understand you correctly that you're actually being allowed to be inside the fence and near the EOR?

Me too, but I know why. I have never had stereo vision as I have a Brown's squint (it's a vertical squint) and I estimate distance by swapping between eyes.
Niall

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7637

Harry, you know you have my heartfelt sympathies, and I have an inkling of what you're going through. My best advice is to do things slowly for at least six months, don't make hasty decisions on anything. I had hoped for 50 years, but will have to settle for what I was given with him.

So far, these are all the emblems I've found at the local National cemetery. The piece of paper they had given me didn't really do these any justice.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7637

Wow, Mark, one to two FEET of snow, I would be extremely happy!!! (the rest of Ohio might not!) Hope you make it home safe ahead of this one.

msalvetti wrote:
Kingfishphoto wrote:
My deepest thanks to all on this caring MA2A group.
Thanks
Harry

Harry, my apologies for being late, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. January has certainly been a tough month. I hope our words of comfort have helped you get through this.

Been in Sarasota for the last couple of days for work, and now scrambling to get back to Boston before the forecast blizzard. We were originally scheduled to land into the teeth of it at 5pm Friday, but managed to switch to a late flight home Thursday night. Hopefully JetBlue won't cancel that one.

Although I can think of much worse places to be stranded because of a blizzard, I would really like to get home and not leave my family to deal with the storm without me. Plus I love snowstorms.

Mark

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Jeff: I hope the access doesn't dry for you guys, getting the 35's would be one heck of a show.
Jay: as usual, great images, love the racing stripe on that one too.

As for the snow, I don't think I would know what to do with more than an inch or two here

EGrav
Total Posts: 249

Blue Angels Schedule Cuts!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/06/Navy-Plans-To-Ground-Blue-Angels-When-Obama-s-Sequester-Cuts-Set-In

If only they cut the extravagant "first family" trips instead.

astrobrian

EGrav wrote:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/06/Navy-Plans-To-Ground-Blue-Angels-When-Obama-s-Sequester-Cuts-Set-In

That's gonna hurt a lot of shows........ and agreed fully on cutting the family trips.

astrobrian

Threading the needle...

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

EGrav wrote:

So this will be across the board .. I imagine we'll be hearing from the Air Force Thunderbirds later this week ?

How about the 2013 F-22 Demo Schedule that Larry Grace posted ?

sad

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2961

disappointing for sure. Maybe Egypt will fly their free F-16's for us instead?

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

For all you, that like snow, you will notice the sign on our front porch that reads " Free Snow, Shovel all you want" To tell the truth, I kinda like it too. When I was able to shovel it, I still thought it was a good workout. Now we have to pay someone the clear our roof and walks.

Rudolpho, I like that little Grumman Wildcat. My favorite, when I was a kid.

Tom

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1511

$20 million? really? They're cutting it because they want people to be pissed off about it. They could cut one aircraft purchase and fund the blue angels for the next two years, but that wouldn't upset anyone.

And realistically, the further you look down the rabbit hole the more silly it gets. All the pilots are still Navy F-18 pilots, they're still going to keep flying F-18's in order to maintain their type certification, they're just not going to be blue. The ground crew? still a ground crew, they're going to be redeployed servicing F-18's that aren't blue, the communications officers? still communications officers, just for the Navy, and not specifically the blue angels, and on and on. Same thing for all the C-130 crew. Realistically the cut is a non cut. The only thing they'll be saving is hotel costs.

These demo teams are really misrepresented in public opinion as being an extravagant expense, when really all the jets would be in the air regardless, the ONLY people that are being cut out with this supposed spending reduction is the people that are funding it all in the first place, the taxpayers.

KJindaUK
Total Posts: 613

http://www.lvrj.com/news/red-flag-thunderbirds-at-nellis-targeted-for-grounding-190244941.html

Info on what will happen to Red Flag and the Thunderbirds. I am planning on hitting the March Flag but I'm not buying airline tickets until I know for sure, looks like I'll have to pay through the nose for last minute tickets if it does go ahead. Either way I lose out!

Kev

R.Reijne
Total Posts: 531

Already bought my ticket, lets see what to do between Yuma airshow and a week later, Luke AFB airshow. (if they really cancel redflag)
Was planning red flag between those shows, a well lot's to do around Phoenix
I guess...

Roel.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1511

I guess our CEO got wind of how many people were watching how much he was using the Jets. Both of the tail numbers are now blocked on flight aware

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9714

tom cardin wrote:
Rudolpho, I like that little Grumman Wildcat. My favorite, when I was a kid.

Thank you, Tom. Let me see if I can find a good image of it for you... the weather and shooting conditions were (mostly) murder at Alliance this time.

1       2       3              3548      
       3550              4285       4286       end