Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3543

1       2       3              3543      
       3545              4275       4276       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16037

Glenn Watson wrote:
Glass and a little fog - every sea pilots dream enviroment for a safe landing!
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm passing out now.

Glenn

Hey, do they want the shot.....or not?

There's a guy at KTKI that still tells the story about me shooting his Skybolt on top of a cloud deck at sunset. The deck appeared out of nowhere and we popped up on top. The light kept getting better and better. I kept saying, "just a few more minutes!" as the darkness crept in underneath the layer. His eyes got bigger and bigger as he thought about the no landing light pattern and touch down that was shaping up for him. All ended well and he loves the shots to this day, but we did push it a little.

JWilsonphoto

I guess we never really like to see the shoot end, until there's no light left at all. Even then, even when no one thinks another image is capturable..........................

Wrei
Total Posts: 2207

Glenn Watson wrote:
I'm afraid I misrepresented the "moments before touchdown'...based on the high power setting and no flaps, i think that was a takeoff..

Its too bad glassy water is so difficult to land on - it would make for some amazing shots between the groundeffect pressure coming off the wings and a reflection..

Just kissing the water...

Glenn, those lightning bolts on the props are becoming your signature!

JWilsonphoto

Shoot! Flat out excellence is becoming his signature!

Must go to Nordstrom's to replenish rent garments...............

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3276

david russell wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
Jay and Yip:

Whats the Coolidge flyin schedule? Is that a monthly thing? Might have to make the trip out for that some time - Maybe some of our Colorado members would fly down as well...

Glenn

I'm up for it.....but it'll have to be one heck of a strong thermal day.

Ha!

Count me in, too. Looks like a great fly-in.

stevezzzz

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Glenn, buddy... I am absolutely speechless at how far your imagery has come, and how quickly. First and foremost, my congratulations for that achievement since we all know full well what kind of blood, toil, sweat, and tears that takes.

Second, some of those Mallard images I think are possibly your best ever. Wow.

What Rodolfo said. I'm in awe of your recent A2A imagery as well as your bull-by-the-horns ethos, Glenn. Well done; well done, indeed!

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2945

Thanks you for saying such nice things. I'm pretty excited about these and cant wait to deliver them to the owner later today.

Funny how much planning, preparation, and time goes into these things and it really all comes down to about the last 3 minutes.!

Glenn
ps - Wrei: Thats a cool signature to have Guess i better stick to airplanes with polish aluminum props!

stevezzzz

Glenn Watson wrote:
David: If you can make it grab onto the Remos on the way!

524nm from KEIK to Coolidge, one fuel stop. See you boys down there on 7 April? Now that Doolittle is out might as well fill that hole with airplanes...

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Shoot! Flat out excellence is becoming his signature!

Must go to Nordstrom's to replenish rent garments...............

If Glenn's gonna keep this up, wouldn't Target be a better idea? We could all start buying in bulk and save a bundle...

stevezzzz

Glenn Watson wrote:
Thanks you for saying such nice things. I'm pretty excited about these and cant wait to deliver them to the owner later today.

Funny how much planning, preparation, and time goes into these things and it really all comes down to about the last 3 minutes.!

Glenn

Without all the planning, you don't get the three minutes. And without all the prep you wouldn't be able to take advantage of them if you did.

Your client will be ecstatic.

pfnskyshots
Total Posts: 909

Jim - the news about the Doolittle reunion is certainly disappointing. I've been looking over the Ft Walton Beach Chamber notifications about the currently planned events and it looks pretty sparse. There is no real mention of any B-25s that might be invited to the event other than the "Thirty Seconds over the Emerald Coast" fly by at 6pm on Friday the 19th.

They do mention the Parade of Heroes that is supposed to take place on Saturday from 1100-1200 but there is no mention of the Raiders being part of it, though I would expect them to be there.

If nothing else, I'm going to try to be there for the fly-by and the parade. It doesn't look like they'll be signing anything except what is purchased from them or the museums where the events are held. Guess I won't get my photo I took of them and the Prowler crew signed.

JWilsonphoto

Roger that on Target Zim!

Rich, It is too bad, but it seems like the final reunion is going to be decidedly underwhelming. I got a one line email from the guy last night and I responded by telling him we pulled the plug based upon his attitude in his first response. What a shame, clearly his ego preservation caused him to turn down one of the best offers he'll get this year. Oh well, sometimes I forget what you get when you step out of the MA2A family and my circle of influence. I've always tried to surround myself with egoless wonderfully talented and just generally wonderful people, situations like this make me value those few even more. No biggie, their loss, and the beat goes on.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9713

And I don't have to sacrifice my once-every-six-years participation in Photoshop World either, 'cause I could sorely use all the help I can get. I was already in the process of restructuring because an air-to-air mission trumps nearly anything else, but I'm glad to be going to PSW too.

My apologies to whomever it was that posted because it went right by me, but did someone volunteer to have me take him (pretty sure it was a him) to lunch during Photoshop World? Rich, might that have been you? Or Andrew? I'm getting old, sorry...

ELinder
Total Posts: 428

Oh man, after all these beautiful light images all I have is a typical Cleveland sky.

Erich

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Or you could wait until later this year and see if this rumor comes true.............If it does, I'm in, in multiples!

You know, the D800 is a bargain at $3000. But its real cost has been closer to 20 grand: four new Nikon lenses; a whole new tripod system (mirror slap was killing me on the old tripod, which had been Just Fine up until I got to pixel peeping those 36 megapixel D800 images); a new editing station (those huge RAW files brought my old MacPro tower to its knees) and a whole new archival system (did I mention the 40+ megabyte .NEF files?).

I don't think I can afford a 52 megapixel body, even if Nikon were to give them away.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9713

You wouldn't have to keep buying new lenses like that if you'd just switch over to dark side completely, Steve...

Wrei
Total Posts: 2207

...if the Canon 24-70 L II would fit on the D800...

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4395

Nice low pass...

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2945

Hi Wrei:

The Nikon 24-70 is a work of art!

Glenn

pfnskyshots
Total Posts: 909

Rudolfo -

I don't think it was me you made the offer to but I'd gladly accept it if made. IF I was going to Photoshop World! I know it's "only" a 6-hr drive from here but the Doolittle thing, as anemic as it is looking, is only about 1.5 hours from here. And being on unemployment right now, I'm thinking of taking the "cheap" way out. Unless, of course, I can win a full Photoshop World pass from one of the Kelby TV shows! I'll keep trying...

1       2       3              3543      
       3545              4275       4276       end