3537              4399       4400       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4603

Really nice set Glenn.

TOPP

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3167

Leo Hursh wrote:
Thanks for confirming Glenn. I had to go hunting the webs to find it.

That first image, back-lit with the fog, speaks to me. It just replaced Jim's iconic T-38 image as my background image!

Hi Leo:
I dont know what to say! That about the highest honor that can bestowed upon a photographer in my opinion - the wallpaper! Funny, i'm still running the T38 on mine

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Thanks Jay - still trying to get somebody to steal my photos! lol

Razor17
Total Posts: 351

Go4Long wrote:
futurshox wrote:
Hey, Nikonheads, you too can now spend all your money on an 800mm lens... clicky - a mere $18K!

Yes, but the MTF chart is a straight line across the top, and only reduces slightly with the included 1.25 TC

Turns out that our plane is a 604, not a 605...at least I think so based on the tail cone.

CP Challenger by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Correct as the 605 tail is more rounded, great capture...

Glenn Watson

The Kings..

Glenn

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2121

Sweet image, Glenn.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2449

Mmmm..... Seaplanes.... Especially in their element..... :-)

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Kinda Looks Air To Air...

These photographs for the last week ( and beyond for sure ) have just been jaw droppers .. !!

almost like .. reminds me when I was over in Japan for a short stint .. had opportunity to go up in a helicopter to shoot some photos as they were flyin' someone around anyway ...... well as we are heading out to our chopper on the tarmac .. there is a reallllllly clean Army VIP configured helicopter hovering like 8 feet off the ground .. a photographer set up with his tripod giving hand signals as he's shooting it .......... lol .. tis how they do A2A in the Military in Japan ......... it was pretty cool and with the background blown on the beautiful day it was .. I bet those photos looked GREAT !!!

curt

Chainshot
Total Posts: 215

Thank you. The weather service classified it as an F3 on the verge of being an F4. Wind speeds @ 165mph, 800 yrd. path, 24 mile tract. My cousin lost their house, along with a couple of friends. Insurance people will be here today. Lots of devastation here. I've witnessed them here in GA. all my life. But, never this much devastation. I saw steel beams, 1/4 to 1/2 mile from that mfg. plant in my pics. It sliced the building (steel and concrete) in-half. Entire houses picked up and slammed back to the ground in thousands of pieces. The sheer force of it is too much to comprehend. Cars picked up and tossed around like toys. It picked a loaded semi truck 2 ft. into the air. We are truly sorry for the one person that lost their life and praying for the others. But, it could have been much worse in regards to life. One of the saddest stories coming out of my town - an 80 yr. old lady wrapped her g-grandson in a quilt as it approached. She laid on top of him. It sucked them out of the house and dropped them a couple of hundred feet away. He is recovering and she is in critical condition. The house is in thousands of pcs.

Haven't tried the camera again. Someone told me to let it completely dry to prevent a short out of the electronics. Guess it is time for me to upgrade to the 30d lol

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Jerry, how are you getting along? Did the 20D come back from it's baptism? Hope things are on the uptick for all involved.

http://bcove.me/o08ieaca

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16437

Outstanding Glenn! I see another angle on that from a stable boat at dawn or sunset! That would be incredible as well. Sorry I couldn't make it down for your shoot, thank you for the opportunity though!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16437

Thanks for the update Jerry, sorry Y'all are going through that. God Bless and keep that Great Grandmother and her little Great Grandson. Heroic, but then I don't think any of us would give it a second thought before doing the exact same thing. Hope we're never faced with it.

BillyBlaylock
Total Posts: 74

Beautiful image of the King Airs Glenn. Great work as always.

Glenn Watson

Hi JW:

I had the same idea. seems most peoples boats are winterized at the moment. The Bonanza worked pretty good for this - the wind was right for using the main body of the lake so we didnt have to worry about being exetremely low and slow over peoples houses. Will work the boat angle when it warms up! Too bad glassy water is so challenging for float drivers.

Glenn

Glenn Watson

One for Mr. Welker!

Glenn

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Glenn that King Air shot is gorgeous What F-stop were you on for that?

Glenn Watson

Getting up and hauling out at zero-dark-thirty is a real challenge when its 30 degrees, but always worth it!

Glenn

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

Steve, Jim, Brian, Jay, Cbrandt - Thanks for the kind words!

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

Glenn, did you use any strobes for those King Air Shots? Or just natural light and then some post processing?

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 284

Jerry,

I read "an 80 yr. old lady wrapped her g-grandson in a quilt as it approached. She laid on top of him" and realized that was my mom, dad, and all their generation. The clearity, will, strength they possessed and used to quietly raise us safely after all they experienced (Great Depression, WWII, etc) still amazes me. They always put us & and our needs before themselves, and still do, as this grandmother did.

I pray she and all affected will soon heal,
Dan

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4603

Another nugget mined from our A2A hop at Alliance...

1       2       3              3535      
       3537              4399       4400       end