3537              4531       4532       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

You did good Brian!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

After pulling their qualifying engine, team Voodoo puts a little testing time on the race motor.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Thanks Jim, love the head on shot.

And here is a view that never gets old.

astrobrian

one last one for the evening

Tim Adams

After Strega's canopy broke you can see the brain trust gathered around the table thinking how in the hell are we going to make this work?? Canopy glass provided by the Sanders shop in Ione, CA.

astrobrian

Gorgeous color on that Tim

Tim Adams

The word in Reno was that when Bob Button approached Steve Hinton Jr about flying Voodoo, he told him he would, but he had to be able to work on the airplane. I guess they tried to tell him that they already had a crew, but as you can see Steve insisted.

Tim Adams

Spinner install.

Tim Adams

PM taxi.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

My sister has interesting friends in high places: a crappy iPhone pano of our rooftop dining room in a private home on the Giudecca canal, overlooking Venice proper.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4093

maybe crappy but still cool Steve have a nice day

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9305

I picked up a second Windows 7 laptop from PC Connection over the summer, as the netbook I got just wasn't cutting it as far as speed goes, (netbook had Win7 starter, 1GB RAM soldered to motherboard, GRRRRR) Use the filters there to sort out what you're looking for. I'm happy with the Mac OSX and Win7, Linux was never a strong point for me, yet.

Just a small sample of( Win7 options at PC Connection (and Apple) No connection to them other than a happy customer for many years.

skyhawkpilot wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Windows anything...ugh.....I have been so happy with my Macs over the last ten years that I never want to have to boot up a pc again. Sheila has an old pc laptop thet she will not let me replace with a Mac, I wish it would burst into flame and vanish, then she'd have no choice.

In regards to Windows...I have had little to no issue with Windows 7 or XP. Vista was garbage and I have not had any play time with Windows 8, though I have heard some things. If I end up with a Mac Pro/Air I will likely put windows 7 on it via boot camp.

I have found an aversion to OS X that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe its because I don't know my way around the system like I do with Windows and Linux.

NightOwl Cat

Mark, as hard as it was, I had someone set up my little JVC video recorder for the funeral and ceremony at the cemetery, so I could burn it to DVD and send it to my parents-in-law, as they are too old to travel, too. My father-in-law will be 91 on Tuesday, spent a small portion of his younger days on the Marine Corps tour of Iwo Jima, Saipan, etc.,1944-1945 time frame. After watching it, my mother-in-law called me to thank me for sending it, it helped her with closure too.

Bummer on the bad card though.

msalvetti wrote:
My family will be flying down to Arlington National on October 16 - folks may recall my uncle died suddenly in January. I don't believe he is being buried - instead his ashes will be laid to rest in a columbarium. My Dad (my uncle's brother) is not able to travel. I'm hoping to do the ceremony justice with some decent photos, if for no other reason so my Dad can see them. I'll be sure to post some here too.

I'll be using the new-to-me 1DMkIV that is on its way as we speak. Found it on eBay from The Camera Shop in Bryn Mawr. I can hardly wait to get my hands on it! A huge investment for me. I may even drive down to Quonset Point, RI this weekend to see the Collings planes and give it a workout.

I also had a CF card failure a couple of weeks ago. My first after almost 10 years of digital. It's a 32GB Transcend 400x. Happened during my daughter's soccer game. I had filled it at a vintage race two weeks before with no problems. Suddenly in the middle of the game my 7D gave me a CF card error. Windows 8, 7, and XP all tell me the card needs to be formatted, using two different card readers. RescuePro says there are no images on the card.

Any other ideas? I assume it is toast, and I have an RMA to return it to Transcend for replacement. The card is about 4 years old. Luckily nothing priceless on the card.

Oh, which brings up the MkIV. I haven't been able to find much info on how fast of an SD card I should get for it. Any advice there?

Thanks!

Mark

NightOwl Cat

OUCH. I can't imagine that expensive reshoot, but I can imagine the panic. Does the D800 also take a hit on speed if you use the SD slot for backup with a very very fast SD card?

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Dear Mark,

Had the same thing happen to a brand new Lexar 32GB 600X. In fact, it was one Lexar sent to replace one that was kaput. Very scary. Went up, shot aerials, came down, popped the card into the reader and it told me it needed to be initialized. I pulled it out, tapped it (don't ask me why) put it back in and the normal icon popped up. A dozen of 200 images loaded and the rest were not recognized, nor recoverable. I popped another card in the Nikon, launched out and reshot everything. Not something you want to have happen ever, but especially not when you have just spent a couple of grand on a platform, worse yet ten grand on a B25 shoot, very uneasy feeling these zero's and ones are.

NightOwl Cat

Hope you're having fun!

stevez wrote:
Marcia and I are leaving for Italy in the morning: a few days in Venice (where we have friends and my sister is playing a concert); a day in Slovenia (where I will kick the tires at the PIpistrel factory); a few more days in Bologna and Florence; and a week in the Tuscan countryside an hour outside Florence. The only camera I'm taking is the micro four thirds Oly E-P5. My camera bag is so small and light, it doesn't seem right.

There will be no photos posted from Italy while I'm there, unless you count iPhone photos, because I'm not taking a laptop this trip. How will that work out? Webesee. I return from Italy on the Monday of Alliance, then after a quick turn fly the Remos to HQ on Wednesday. Y'all be good while I'm away, hear?

NightOwl Cat

The Red Green Show just popped into my head.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Ever wonder what became of all the fuel drop tanks we littered SE Asia with? (and then left with our tail between our legs because the administration didn't know how to fight a war then either. Not that we should have ever been there in the first place. Was there a lesson in there?)

NightOwl Cat

C'est magnifique!

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Running between assignments, being chased by the light, I had to take a 15 minute detour to catch a few last minutes of someone's first day at ballet. I am never sorry that I scramble for this stuff. I think I have put the "Dad, you don't need to bring your camera in......." argument once and for all...............

NightOwl Cat

Welcome, Glenn T Love the Qantas shot!

NightOwl Cat

Brian, Hand held? Silly shutter speeds for sure! Love 'em!

astrobrian wrote:
A little heli fun today

1       2       3              3535      
       3537              4531       4532       end