Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3531

1       2       3              3531      
3532
       3533              4873       4874       end

FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Hey Shooter,

Thanks for weighing in on the Facebook image theft thing. I really appreciate it.



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Jay: Love the BONE, having the fortune of hearing a full AB takeoff, those beasts are the loudest hands down

Went: First real good look at that one, MiG-31 I believe. Abnormally smooth lines for their design, especially the intake area.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

I dunno. Having been up close and personal with a BOne and a Super Hornet, I think the Bug rattles the guts more.

Maybe it's a frequency range thing but the BOne didn't make me want to drop to one knee like a Super can.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Hey Shooter,

Thanks for weighing in on the Facebook image theft thing. I really appreciate it.



Sleazbags. I left a nastygram on the offending FB page.



gerov
Registered: Nov 29, 2004
Total Posts: 9001
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Hey Shooter,

Thanks for weighing in on the Facebook image theft thing. I really appreciate it.




May I ask where this discussion took place - I'd be interested in seeing Jim's comments.

Thanks,
Gero



Rodolfo Paiz
Registered: Jan 07, 2007
Total Posts: 9906
Country: United States

I was about to ask the same thing. I tried to go over to Facebook and piece it all together, but I'm still not sure what happened. Can someone fill us in?



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

My thanks to you as well Zim...

Short Version: Found 7 or 8 of my images on someone's aviation "fan page" where the watermark had clearly been removed ('shopped even, not just cropped) and the wider FB community (including Jim and Steve) let the offending party have it with both barrels.

The images were removed, however, the offending party claims they were sent to him already cleaned via a third party.

Bottom line: Unless it's to a closed focus group, yours truly will no longer be posting loose images directly to FB or G+ for the foreseeable future. There will only be website links. I'll probably start choosing smaller sizes for sharing here and a couple other sites as well.



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2754
Country: United States

Hey Steve, I just passed one of those 4-door Teslas on my way into town... looks pretty sweet! It has a really mean-looking pair of side/headlights :-)



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:
My thanks to you as well Zim...

Short Version: Found 7 or 8 of my images on someone's aviation "fan page" where the watermark had clearly been removed ('shopped even, not just cropped) and the wider FB community (including Jim and Steve) let the offending party have it with both barrels.

The images were removed, however, the offending party claims they were sent to him already cleaned via a third party.

Bottom line: Unless it's to a closed focus group, yours truly will no longer be posting loose images directly to FB or G+ for the foreseeable future. There will only be website links. I'll probably start choosing smaller sizes for sharing here and a couple other sites as well.


I never saw where they were posted but glad it got sorted. Sucks to have someone try to pull that garbage. Totally agree with your decisions to not directly post though. I post low res versions myself. People just need to have more respect for images and those who create them. Knowing that a "3rd party" is out there ripping out the watermark, I'll keep an eye out in case any more show up mysteriously.



Leo Hursh
Registered: Jul 18, 2004
Total Posts: 1651
Country: United States

Quick question Jay, how did you find that they were being used? Did you just stumble on them or did you actively look for something like this? Hoping to learn something here!



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Another FB connection gave me a heads up.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

futurshox wrote:
Hey Steve, I just passed one of those 4-door Teslas on my way into town... looks pretty sweet! It has a really mean-looking pair of side/headlights :-)


Yeah, at night they look like cat's eyes glowing in the dark...

http://bit.ly/Vs5Zeg



Rodolfo Paiz
Registered: Jan 07, 2007
Total Posts: 9906
Country: United States

Mine has finally been finalized and ordered. Waiting for a delivery date estimate now, which I assume will be after Easter.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

They're pumping them out at over 400/wk, Rodolfo, so you shouldn't have to wait too long. You will like it. A lot.



Rodolfo Paiz
Registered: Jan 07, 2007
Total Posts: 9906
Country: United States

stevez wrote:
They're pumping them out at over 400/wk, Rodolfo, so you shouldn't have to wait too long. You will like it. A lot.


I know... and I finally worked my way through the denial, grief, and various other emotions of letting go of my Roadster. I am finally ready. (It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, though... like having a kid go off to college or get married.)

For those who are thinking how absurd it is to become this attached to a car, I have only two words: drive it.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Just a Langly Raptor from Heritage Flight Conference a couple years ago...



waterflyboy22
Registered: Jul 10, 2006
Total Posts: 757
Country: United States

1. First, Rodolfo owes us a TOPP...

2. Jay, glad you (and buddies here) read the riot act to the morons who stole your shots.

3. I too am excited to hear that ISAP might visit Vegas again. Good friends, Nellis AND In-n-Out? Pretty close to a trifecta.

4. Who's planning on ISAP Seattle? I've got a good friend who is chief pilot for a large company out there. Could be some cool shots of some heavy iron...

5. Andrew, might be hanging out at KORL for a while tomorrow. What's your schedule?



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4076
Country: Netherlands

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Just a Langly Raptor from Heritage Flight Conference a couple years ago...

Wow that is sharp



Chainshot
Registered: Aug 19, 2010
Total Posts: 227
Country: United States

Keep us in your prayers tonight. One dead and several still critical. This is moments after the Adairsville, GA. tornado today. We searched the parking lot and bldg. for victims. I got these pics, before dropping my 20d in a puddle. I got the card out. But, I think I lost my camera




http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/jerryholmes/Tornado/



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

waterflyboy22 wrote:
1. First, Rodolfo owes us a TOPP...

2. Jay, glad you (and buddies here) read the riot act to the morons who stole your shots.

3. I too am excited to hear that ISAP might visit Vegas again. Good friends, Nellis AND In-n-Out? Pretty close to a trifecta.

4. Who's planning on ISAP Seattle? I've got a good friend who is chief pilot for a large company out there. Could be some cool shots of some heavy iron...

5. Andrew, might be hanging out at KORL for a while tomorrow. What's your schedule?


Hey, Warner, I hope to attend ISAP in Seattle. What are the dates, again?



1       2       3              3531      
3532
       3533              4873       4874       end