Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3530

1       2       3              3530      
3531
       3532              4321       4322       end

Jon Uhler
Registered: Dec 08, 2006
Total Posts: 2439
Country: United States

Yup, 600RX's. Great lights.

The low riders are real nice. I use then in conjuction with a couple Matthew's flags for background lights. Works like a champ.

One could go crazy collecting and figuring out grip......



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2399
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:



Ah, the Wall of Noise.... Bad Ass!



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 1875
Country: United States

stevez wrote:
[edit for TOPP: aerial view of Ship Rock, NM]


This is one of the most iconic images of Ship Rock ever!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, you know how much I love this image Steve. Thanks for posting it today.



tom cardin
Registered: Mar 08, 2005
Total Posts: 1991
Country: United States

Jeff, is right, that image of Shiprock, is spectacular, if only for the view point. Black and white, is the only way to see it.

Tom



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4524
Country: United States

Jon Uhler wrote:
Yup, 600RX's. Great lights.

The low riders are real nice. I use then in conjuction with a couple Matthew's flags for background lights. Works like a champ.

One could go crazy collecting and figuring out grip......


There's a reason that, in the Motion Picture / TV industry, there are entire companies that do nothing but Grip and Gaff. It quickly becomes a specialty as production budgets increase.

For those who prefer their engines round...



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3398
Country: United States

Jay, a guy could exhaust himself throwing superlatives your way, but this one speaks to me. Subject, lighting, background, viewpoint, composition: just stunning!



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2158
Country: United Kingdom

"The Brat III" flying escort.




futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2399
Country: United States

FlyingPhotog wrote:
There's a reason that, in the Motion Picture / TV industry, there are entire companies that do nothing but Grip and Gaff. It quickly becomes a specialty as production budgets increase.


What's the difference between gripping and gaffing, then? Gaffers have better tape? You don't hear about grip's tape...



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4524
Country: United States

Thanks Zim...

Jo: Grips handle scenery, etc... Gaffers are, for the most part, electricians.



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2158
Country: United Kingdom

Scott Slocum & his Bonanza.





Rodolfo Paiz
Registered: Jan 07, 2007
Total Posts: 9742
Country: United States

stevez wrote:
Jay, a guy could exhaust himself throwing superlatives your way [...]


Pot, kettle, black.



Bill Gass
Registered: Feb 09, 2006
Total Posts: 3886
Country: United States

stevez wrote:
Jay, a guy could exhaust himself throwing superlatives your way, but this one speaks to me. Subject, lighting, background, viewpoint, composition: just stunning!

- AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH -



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3398
Country: United States

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
stevez wrote:
Jay, a guy could exhaust himself throwing superlatives your way [...]


Pot, kettle, black.


*Blush*

I realized after I threw up that Ship Rock image from an old folder on my iPad that a) it had no watermark and b) I hadn't reworked it in several years. So, thanks to the 2012 Process in LR4 and a little Silver Efex Pro 2, here's today's version. I'm not sure whether I like it better or not, but it sure is different.



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2399
Country: United States

Thoroughly nice pictures all over this page.

Thanks for the explanation, Jay.



Rodolfo Paiz
Registered: Jan 07, 2007
Total Posts: 9742
Country: United States

I like the stronger tones and contrast of Ship Rock itself in the second image, Steve, but the dark sky feels unnatural to me and distracts from the subject itself. IMHO, the best of both worlds would be the overall tonality of the second, but with the lighter sky of the first.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3398
Country: United States

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
I like the stronger tones and contrast of Ship Rock itself in the second image, Steve, but the dark sky feels unnatural to me and distracts from the subject itself. IMHO, the best of both worlds would be the overall tonality of the second, but with the lighter sky of the first.


Thanks for the input, Rodolfo. I'll meet you halfway on the sky:



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16141
Country: United States

Funny you should ask that question about ISAP/Red Flag. Larry and I were discussing the subject today. We might have an announcement soon on that subject.



Glenn Watson
Registered: Nov 13, 2007
Total Posts: 3032
Country: United States

Jay:
That B-ONE photo is the only thing I went to red flag to get.. alas I drew the dang blue paper and didnt get it. But that rocks!

Glenn



ELinder
Registered: Feb 14, 2010
Total Posts: 496
Country: United States

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
stevez wrote:
Jay, a guy could exhaust himself throwing superlatives your way [...]


Pot, kettle, black.


You can say that again!

Oh, and all this talk about Joe McNally cost me a bunch of $ at Amazon.

Erich



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 16141
Country: United States

You won't be sorry Erich. Joe's books are informative and entertaining. You'll refer to them often.



1       2       3              3530      
3531
       3532              4321       4322       end