Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3529

1       2       3              3529      
3530
       3531              4533       4534       end

USM IS
Registered: Apr 12, 2010
Total Posts: 1699
Country: United States

Jan-Arie wrote:
USM IS wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/23/vietnam-era-fliers-buried-side-by-side-at-arlington/

It never fails to stop irritating me how the gov continues to spit on the Vietnam vets, but it takes REAL Americans to suck it up and do the right thing. You can go over and finally find them, but you can't give them a flyover.......seriously.

I am so proud of the vets, and these eight heroes who did the right thing. Because that is what a hero is, one who steps up and does the right thing, at the right time.

Mike


As I almost never comment on political topics, I want to now for once, I just viewed the clip,
It's a disgrace people who took the oath to defend foreign and domestic ( by them i mean the desk jockey's ) aren't able to provide something simple because of all that political BS I just can get it they waste money by the bucket loads and are nitpicking about something like this.
It's the same everywhere, when you are in the services you're the best but when your out or missing your not more than a nuisance a number on a chart some were in a file cabinet.

I think it's very generous by the team to provide the overflight.
And I'm happy for the families that they finally can close that chapter in their lives and lay them to rest..

I hope that the times will change soon even over here but doesn't looks promising...

Hope you don't mind me reacting like this, I normally don't do things like this but as a vet of recent conflicts I sometimes almost been ashamed to have served my country.. (rand out)


Well said sir, want to come over here and run for office? I am wiling to change a law for you

Just think of all the years of hellish grief not having closure, then a letter saying they have been found, then another letter following saying gee, we don't have the money to do a flyover for your brave boy's that made the ultimate sacrifice, even though we are thinking of going to another war and sending over some more young men like yours! What a roller coaster ride of emotion for them.
Thank god there are eight Americans with more common sense than all of Washington combined. I may have to write a check to that organization the eight belong too.

Mike



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

PDumm wrote:
Jeff, try and print it with Red River Polar Pearl Metallic, I got some last week and falling in love with that paper. Really like how the prints come out and have an metallic look to them. Thinking that this photo will just blow it off the charts.


+1,000,000...!



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4085
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Good Morning Zim,

Yes, you should ask for a correction. I'll pass along the ISnAP omission. It shouldn't, but it happens all the time. I see my work all over with "staff Photo" or nothing at all. Fortunately they spell my name right on the check, so that's some consolation.


Well, I just flat out missed my photo credit in the magazine: it was there, just located in a place I wasn't expecting to find it at the end of the article. Guess I was thrown off by the byline up front where the owner got photo credit (he did supply some of the photos, just not the A2A). I'll stand down off my high horse.

Meanwhile, Kevin and Larry sent me notes apologizing for missing my name in the ISnAP credits.



msalvetti
Registered: Dec 20, 2003
Total Posts: 3167
Country: United States

My family will be flying down to Arlington National on October 16 - folks may recall my uncle died suddenly in January. I don't believe he is being buried - instead his ashes will be laid to rest in a columbarium. My Dad (my uncle's brother) is not able to travel. I'm hoping to do the ceremony justice with some decent photos, if for no other reason so my Dad can see them. I'll be sure to post some here too.

I'll be using the new-to-me 1DMkIV that is on its way as we speak. Found it on eBay from The Camera Shop in Bryn Mawr. I can hardly wait to get my hands on it! A huge investment for me. I may even drive down to Quonset Point, RI this weekend to see the Collings planes and give it a workout.

I also had a CF card failure a couple of weeks ago. My first after almost 10 years of digital. It's a 32GB Transcend 400x. Happened during my daughter's soccer game. I had filled it at a vintage race two weeks before with no problems. Suddenly in the middle of the game my 7D gave me a CF card error. Windows 8, 7, and XP all tell me the card needs to be formatted, using two different card readers. RescuePro says there are no images on the card.

Any other ideas? I assume it is toast, and I have an RMA to return it to Transcend for replacement. The card is about 4 years old. Luckily nothing priceless on the card.

Oh, which brings up the MkIV. I haven't been able to find much info on how fast of an SD card I should get for it. Any advice there?

Thanks!

Mark



msalvetti
Registered: Dec 20, 2003
Total Posts: 3167
Country: United States

I think I found the answer to my SD card question:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/camera_wb_multi_pagee0f1.html?cid=6007-10549

I didn't think RG had done his tests this recently (May 2012). Looks like Sandisk Extreme is all I need. Interesting how fast the 1000x CF cards are in a camera introduced a few years before they were available.

Mark



PDumm
Registered: Oct 17, 2011
Total Posts: 204
Country: United States

Playing around on the computer with some older files trying something new.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19276
Country: United States

Dear Mark,

Had the same thing happen to a brand new Lexar 32GB 600X. In fact, it was one Lexar sent to replace one that was kaput. Very scary. Went up, shot aerials, came down, popped the card into the reader and it told me it needed to be initialized. I pulled it out, tapped it (don't ask me why) put it back in and the normal icon popped up. A dozen of 200 images loaded and the rest were not recognized, nor recoverable. I popped another card in the Nikon, launched out and reshot everything. Not something you want to have happen ever, but especially not when you have just spent a couple of grand on a platform, worse yet ten grand on a B25 shoot, very uneasy feeling these zero's and ones are.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19276
Country: United States

Looks like JR and I might end up with a pair of these while we decide what we really need.............



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19276
Country: United States

Here's a money shot from this evening, 1/15th with the 4x4 on the D800..........and a card that really worked.



msalvetti
Registered: Dec 20, 2003
Total Posts: 3167
Country: United States

You know, I never thought about a card failing before. Now that it has happened, even though I lost nothing critical, I can finally understand why those dual slots can be so comforting. Makes you wonder why cameras like the 5DIII and the D800 don't have them. Now I can't imagine shooting a wedding without dual cards. I doubt very much adding the slot would steal sales from the 1DX.

I'm going to see how the MkIV buffer works with the 400x Transcend. Otherwise looks like the Lexars might give the best performance at a fair price (<1000x).

Mark



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2444
Country: United States

PDumm wrote:
Playing around on the computer with some older files trying something new.

Whatever you're doing Paul, I like it



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4085
Country: United States

Marcia and I are leaving for Italy in the morning: a few days in Venice (where we have friends and my sister is playing a concert); a day in Slovenia (where I will kick the tires at the PIpistrel factory); a few more days in Bologna and Florence; and a week in the Tuscan countryside an hour outside Florence. The only camera I'm taking is the micro four thirds Oly E-P5. My camera bag is so small and light, it doesn't seem right.

There will be no photos posted from Italy while I'm there, unless you count iPhone photos, because I'm not taking a laptop this trip. How will that work out? Webesee. I return from Italy on the Monday of Alliance, then after a quick turn fly the Remos to HQ on Wednesday. Y'all be good while I'm away, hear?



Angry
Registered: Nov 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1216
Country: Australia

msalvetti wrote:
My family will be flying down to Arlington National on October 16 - folks may recall my uncle died suddenly in January. I don't believe he is being buried - instead his ashes will be laid to rest in a columbarium. My Dad (my uncle's brother) is not able to travel. I'm hoping to do the ceremony justice with some decent photos, if for no other reason so my Dad can see them. I'll be sure to post some here too.

I'll be using the new-to-me 1DMkIV that is on its way as we speak. Found it on eBay from The Camera Shop in Bryn Mawr. I can hardly wait to get my hands on it! A huge investment for me. I may even drive down to Quonset Point, RI this weekend to see the Collings planes and give it a workout.

I also had a CF card failure a couple of weeks ago. My first after almost 10 years of digital. It's a 32GB Transcend 400x. Happened during my daughter's soccer game. I had filled it at a vintage race two weeks before with no problems. Suddenly in the middle of the game my 7D gave me a CF card error. Windows 8, 7, and XP all tell me the card needs to be formatted, using two different card readers. RescuePro says there are no images on the card.

Any other ideas? I assume it is toast, and I have an RMA to return it to Transcend for replacement. The card is about 4 years old. Luckily nothing priceless on the card.

Oh, which brings up the MkIV. I haven't been able to find much info on how fast of an SD card I should get for it. Any advice there?

Thanks!

Mark


mark , Im sure you'll grow to ove it, I got one for a reasonable price on Jim & Jays recommendation, its done a bit of work but then stumbkled ona second whcih has done nearly no work & is mint,...i effectivley stole it...I gotta say i just love em,...use either a lot, then my 5D# ,..havent used my 7D in ages..
Al



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2887
Country: United States

The 5DmkIII does have dual slots, but SD cards are very slow compared to the high end CF cards. If you have a SD card in the slot with the mkIII it will write to the slower SD card speed even if you are only sending images to your high speed CF card. Until they will write to the fastest speed I will never use dual cards.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Have fun Zim!



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4097
Country: Netherlands

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Sweet & Lovely
(Warts And All...)



Just saw the cover of Flying made by Jim Koepnik it's almost the same a your photo.
First that came to mind was he Jay has made the cover..

Pic of the cover

i think yours is better color wise



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4097
Country: Netherlands

Good to see that Anya Paiz is one of the new Isap members in the October issue



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19276
Country: United States

Good Morning Everyone! Those of you coming in for HQ Thursday can use the phrase "Mustang Air to Air" to let the folks at the Marriott know who you be and that you get the royal treatment.

Looks like I'm going to be shooting full steam right up to HQ Day, then the show, but the way things are looking, life will be very different after that, in a very good way.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19276
Country: United States

On the FLYING cover thingy, how many times have we seen a cover somewhere that one of us has shot much better? It's just a fact of life here at MA2A , "The last best place where mediocrity is not accepted"



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4085
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Good Morning Everyone! Those of you coming in for HQ Thursday can use the phrase "Mustang Air to Air" to let the folks at the Marriott know who you be and that you get the royal treatment.

Looks like I'm going to be shooting full steam right up to HQ Day, then the show, but the way things are looking, life will be very different after that, in a very good way.


I just talked to Group Sales at the hotel. The MA2A group rate hasn't been installed yet in the Marriott reservations system; give them a day or so. BTW, the full hotel name is "Courtyard Dallas Allen at the John Q. Hammons Center" on East Stacey Rd in Allen, TX.



1       2       3              3529      
3530
       3531              4533       4534       end