1       2       3              3526      
       3528              4320       4321       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4524

Very Cool Moment Brian!

COD Piece

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

I was reading somewhere , that a Fotog was shooting GoPro footage & stills simultaneously , by mounting the GoPro on his Hotshoe.

Ive got a 1D4 & want to know where I can get a mount for the GoPro to hotshoe ??

Thanks

Al

futurshox
Total Posts: 2399

I have done that sort of thing by twisting the tripod ring around 180degrees on the lens, so the tripod hole is sticking up. Then you get some 1/4" threaded rod and connect the video camera to the mount ring. Let me see if I can dredge up a picture of this rig...

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2285

Gee, some wow images. I just wish that we had the decent weather/atmospherics. Even then, oh for the opportunities to get close up and personal with the subjects...

However, I have tried a landscape... er ... with ... er ... a little post...

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7719

I would also check network cards, to see if one is going bad and creating a lot of unnecessary traffic. Drove home ahead of the ice storm that was due to hit Chicago. Did some of what I was hoping to do up there, but never made it to Chicago proper.

RobMoser wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Here's a question for the technologically adept in our group. All of a sudden my network at home got ridiculously slow. I've rest, rebooted, checked connections etc., and there's no improvement. I'm using the same Lynksis router and wifi router that I bought 14 years ago when we built our home and maybe it is just giving up the ghost and needs to be replaced. It doesn't matter if I shut off the wifi on my laptop and use a cat 5 cable, or I use wifi. Transfer speeds that typically show minutes in process, now sit there and spin the beach ball, then finally show hours.

I ran a test tonight. These numbers are ridiculously slow, aren't they? What's up?

Well, there's two components, your local network (LAN) and the ISP connectivity (WAN). Your speed test is (mostly) testing the WAN connectivity and is controlled by your ISP. I have commercial fibre and get symmetric upload and download speeds (25Mb) but most normal home based ISP connectivity has lower capacity up than down. Your download speeds don't look bad but the upload speeds look...pathetic.

Changing out your router as old as it is would certainly not be a bad idea, but to be honest, I think you should also check with your ISP. If it changed rather abruptly as you describe, I would think that there could also be an external component to the problem.

Rob

NightOwl Cat

Sounds like your connection runs like this:

internet
|
|
|
Time Warner modem
|
|
|
Linksys switch ------------- wireless router
| |
| |
| |
computers and drobos

Definitely replace the linksys part of the equation, as old as it is, get the latest Netgear 1000 MB router and switch. I'm surprised you don't have a patch panel for all the wires to run from though.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
The Drobos are connected directly to the MacPro upstairs. I have an RCA Time Warner modem, a linksys workgroup switch, then a Linksys 802.11g wireless router. I have CAT 5 cables hardwired to the workgroup switch that run downstairs to my laptop.

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

futurshox wrote:
I have done that sort of thing by twisting the tripod ring around 180degrees on the lens, so the tripod hole is sticking up. Then you get some 1/4" threaded rod and connect the video camera to the mount ring. Let me see if I can dredge up a picture of this rig...

Now that could work as I'm using the 70-200 ,..this is for Wakeboarding from the back of the tow boat...

Pics please ??

Al

futurshox

OK, it took a bit of finding but here you go. Sorry it's not enormously clear; the strap is hiding some of it. But you can see the wing nut at the bottom of the connector; there's another one at the top.

The wire half way up is a clip that lives in a hole drilled through the middle of the threaded rod, this is purely to give you something to grab for leverage when removing it, otherwise your fingers slip on the thread.

futurshox

As you can see, I'm using a Sanyo Xacti on that rig. This works pretty well; I usually run it zoomed in a bit. I would guess that a GoPro is going to have a lot of the frame filled by the lens though, since it is so wide angle. I attach here a screenshot of a video I recorded yesterday with a GoPro, this is looking down from the top of the bird feeder. The camera is hanging from the top at about the same distance from the clear tube as the green ring you can see at the bottom. Imagine the clear tube is your lens, and this is what you're going to see.

NightOwl Cat

Al, maybe something like this?

http://www.adorama.com/FABC.html

Angry wrote:
futurshox wrote:

Now that could work as I'm using the 70-200 ,..this is for Wakeboarding from the back of the tow boat...

Pics please ??

Al

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1875

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Very Cool Moment Brian!

COD Piece

Jay - Your updated treatment of this image is excellent. I especially like how the smokey exhaust pixels are revealed and the prop disks are more evident. Makes the entire image more dynamic IMHO

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1537

hmmm...could be this one...the St Louis trip doesn't make much sense, but everything else on the flight plan since the 18th looks like a normal week of travel for our CEO.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N22RG

Only thing is it hasn't been to Calgary in a while, so maybe he hasn't been around Calgary.

He flies out of KHPN and KPBI all the time (if you saw the flight history for C-FCPR it would hit those ones at least once a week, and often would fly CYYC to KPBI to KHPN to CYYC over the course of a weekend)

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Considering buying a Go Pro camera to use while out shooting wildlife .. I have seen smatterings of messages about the camera here but I didn't pay enough attention.

Looking at HER03 Silver editions - seems to have a battery life issue .. but quality is right up there with HER02 ??

The HER02 is an excellent camera - but the setup menu is difficult and the HER03 improves this plus quality ?? for $50 bucks ??

Are these cameras mainly wide angle .. or do they provide some tele function ?

That C arm assembly for like $9 bucks is a pretty economical mount .. thanks

Curt

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2637

Very cool, Greenamyer's homebuilt RB-104.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/150026_4430283440118_795821405_n

I can't figure out how to just put the link since it is not my photo, but just put the .jpeg at the end and it will take you to the photo. Too bad it is no longer with us.

futurshox

Curt, GoPro cameras are fixed wide angle. _Really_ wide angle, about 170 degrees. The setup on a Hero2 is not hard, it just requires some button pushing.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 764

Donald Gray wrote:
Gee, some wow images. I just wish that we had the decent weather/atmospherics. Even then, oh for the opportunities to get close up and personal with the subjects...

However, I have tried a landscape... er ... with ... er ... a little post...

Hello Donald, nice to see you back. Interesting image I'm glad to see that the medication is working so well ...

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

futurshox wrote:
Curt, GoPro cameras are fixed wide angle. _Really_ wide angle, about 170 degrees. The setup on a Hero2 is not hard, it just requires some button pushing.

Thanks .. well I'm thinking I'd like more * landscapish * type wildlife photos -- shoot a meadow and OMG is that an elk out there ? for a while.

Now I'm really rewinding the tape, but didn't Mr. J Wilson have a ( don't know how many I can afford ) HER02's for sale ??

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3566

Very cool, Greenamyer's homebuilt RB-104

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1537

Got it. Challenger.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CFCPI

waterflyboy22 wrote:
Hi Steve-
I do some work for a company that has it's office at KPBI. I look at the ramp all day. If you have any idea what I'd need to look for (besides a charlie registration) I'd be glad to keep an eye open and even snap a pic if you'd like...

C-FCPI if you see it. It's leaving KPBI in about 90 mins according to the flight plan they just filed.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2637

Jan-Arie wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
Very cool, Greenamyer's homebuilt RB-104.

I can't figure out how to just put the link since it is not my photo, but just put the .jpeg at the end and it will take you to the photo. Too bad it is no longer with us.

Here you Go Tim I have this plane as modelkit yes Hasegawa 1/48 scale

I did looked up the photo then right mouse click then copy picture location.
Then you can edit your message for example [ frame ]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/150026_4430283440118_795821405_n.jpg[ /frame ] or you can use [ img ][ /img ] just delete the space's

I did not want to post the pic in full because it is not mine. It was taken by Chuck Aro.

1       2       3              3526      
       3528              4320       4321       end