1       2       3              3522      
       3524              4250       4251       end

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2917

Glenn

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4370

^^^ Sweet Shot Glenn! ^^^
(a phrase that's quickly becoming redundant)

Culling the Oshkosh 2012 herd and ran across this shot of the Sub Sonex. This struck me as being a pretty snappy go buggy...

Glenn Watson

Thanks Jay.

I'm not sure if I would get in that thing!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15930

My good friend and Hopper teammate, "Puck" came in to fly Glenn's Super Cub north. We figured a farewell flight following Glenn's and my secret low level route was in order. I introduced "Puck" to the "Wilson 1 Arrival" and we beat the pattern up until we got hungry. Was kind of like Glenn was back for an evening in a way.

FlyingPhotog

Great POV Jim...!

Another one to whet the summer appetite!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3202

Glenn Watson wrote:
Way to go on the Phanton Stevez....You cant even tell its green in my photos from the day! It maybe ugly but its pretty menancing.

Glenn

Thanks, Glenn. The 1DX's raw files can be pushed and pulled very hard before they fall apart, and this series from Sunday at Alliance is the living proof: they've been manipulated to within an inch of their life, and they still look good at 1:1.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7562

Is that as short as it appears to be?

FlyingPhotog wrote:
^^^ Sweet Shot Glenn! ^^^
(a phrase that's quickly becoming redundant)

Culling the Oshkosh 2012 herd and ran across this shot of the Sub Sonex. This struck me as being a pretty snappy go buggy...

Heading up to Chicago for the weekend, friends are gathering, and we're watching one of our favorite bands together at Ballydoyles. Figured I'd check in before I get on the road. New kitten in town

JWilsonphoto

Enjoy your weekend Laura! Safe travels.

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 261

Jay or anybody,

What is with the "beer cans" strapped to the wing tip of the Sub Sonex?

Dan

yipDog
Total Posts: 127

Looks like smoke canisters!

yipDog

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1830

@Glenn - Your Baron at sunset image is absolutely sublime

FAST TIMES AT LUKE HIGH

gerov
Total Posts: 8660

Jeff,
does that viper come with a bag of marshmallows? Thats a nice set of toasty shock waves you've captured there

Gero

FlyingPhotog

If You Knew Soucy, Like I Know Soucy...

yipDog

Leaving Sky Harbor at sunset

Jeff W.

Afternoon check ride for the SEFE and FNG.

JWilsonphoto

"Puck" the gentleman on my left here, is one of three people in the world that can give you an LOA (a sort of type rating) in a T-38, or an F5, or a number of other very fast yard darts. He's a humble, dear human being with credentials few possess. He's one of those guys like Bud Anderson, a super fellow, but all business when he straps on a fighter. Steve and I became very close when Glenn was lost. He was the one who called me from the accident site. He stayed with Glenn over night in the field when the NTSB wouldn't remove him from the L39 until the next day. I arranged Glenn's cremation and Puck picked him up in his L39 and flew him back to meet up with the rest of the team and a Citation, then they all flew here. Puck and I coordinated a hundred little details, all of which resulted in first class treatment of Glenn and his memorial. In the process we became good friends and that process continues.

Glenn Watson

Looks like the Hero3 is living up to its name!

Jeff W.

gerov wrote:
Jeff,
does that viper come with a bag of marshmallows? Thats a nice set of toasty shock waves you've captured there

Gero

Thanks Gero. Gratefully, some long glass let me maintain a safe distance from that very expensive toaster

JWilsonphoto

Roger that Glenn. I ordered some cool mounts today to get me some perspectives that the GoPro mounts alone won't allow. The beta testing will continue My feeling right now is that I need to replace my three Hero/Hero2 boxes with Hero 3 Blacks, giving me five of the H3 Blacks.

One does need extended battery packs because the H3 won't run a full hour before it goes toes up on the standard battery. This is a small negative given the plus column which includes a great wifi remote system, a variety of frame rates, a lens that is a considerable improvement over earlier models, and much better low light capability.

One has to put this in perspective though, the very first Hero is still a technological wonder and allows captures that were pretty much impossible before it's invention. The H3 is just an amazing evolution of the original. The menus are much easier to run through, as is the general operation. I've got everything GoPro organized in one Stormcase so I can pop it open and configure five views of something in pretty short order. I have several audio cables and adapters enroute to, as the H3 is stronger in that area as well.

Pretty cool all in all. I guess that's why the California surfer dude who thought it up went from wondering how he was going to pay his rent, to head of a privately held company worth 2.5 billion, in less than three years.

1       2       3              3522      
       3524              4250       4251       end