Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3521

1       2       3              3521      
       3523              4282       4283       end

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2285

carrg1954 wrote:
A welcome return Donald, I hope Australia was kind to you on your visit. regards

We had a ball in WA for 3 weeks, then Sydney, NSW for another 3. Unfortunately we didn't rent a car and get to your neck of the woods. (Sydney transit was too good & cheap)

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3528

Man you guys killing me with all those cracking photo's
Hey Donald good to see you again on the board good to see that your trip was a blast

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4416

Copperhead
One of our resident 161st ARW KC-135s

Wrei
Total Posts: 2207

Since I'm the guy who points out the goofy stuff:

Does anyone monitoring this thread find the question at the bottom of the page in the bottom window rediculous? (Do you want to logout?)

As fast as this thread moves, and the wonderful photos, who would want to take time to log in again?

johnahill
Total Posts: 2470

^ Sweet,great light.

Wave to Sally ;-)

There are times when my 400/5.6L is too long, other times when it's too short, what's a boy to do.
Well I guess there's no such thing as too long when it comes to airshows, so when the big birds are close by i'll settle for cropped wings and such

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Take heart Brian, if a Caterpillar tractor peddler can do it, you can do it. There is that 33 years of practice thing, but what the heck, ya gotta be somewhere, doing something! Go for it! We'll all help.

In fact, I'll have some extra time from now on because I have "rent my garments........" and given up on A2A work since a guy in Austin began knocking them out of the park, even with a fever of 101!

Can't IMAGINE who you mean I have some free time for a bit too now, will PM you in a little while

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 745

Your welcome Donald. As you can see, our CinC was asking after you, and questions from Texas need to be answered ...

Some time ago folks here kindly gave me help and encouragement with an interior picture that I was having trouble with. Well, I'm getting closer to what I was looking for.

astrobrian

Yipdog, great going. It's fun seeing the different methods of post on the shots you and Jay get at the same time

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3865

Donald Gray wrote:
nickjohnson wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey, where's Lady Jo? I'm getting worried about her. And how about Sir Donald?

Jim, All,

Just to let you know that I hit the panic button this afternoon. Donald just checked in by text about 15 minutes ago. I do know that there has been a lot of snow down where he lives. He knows about our concern.

I was most touched by your concerns. Thank you all.

Yes, we have had a goodly amount of the white stuff & we were snowed in yesterday... Today the temperature rose to +4c and the snow has almost gone.

My apologies for my extended absence. I have had no aviation photos to show. I have been busy doing home repairs and many other things. I have also been heavily involved with the other passion in my life, Namely Freemasonry and it looks like the next couple of years will be quite demanding...

Post some pixs of your brick work if ya get a chance.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1849

It is definitely enjoyable to spend an afternoon in such close proximity to the 16's at Luke. If and when the 35's arrive, I hope to have a similar opportunity

Chainshot
Total Posts: 215

I've been wanting to ask for awhile. Are the F-4's in private hands or restored/flown by the USAF ?

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4416

Chainshot wrote:
I've been wanting to ask for awhile. Are the F-4's in private hands or restored/flown by the USAF ?

I think the Collings Foundation has a Phantom and that may be the only flying example in private hands.

AFAIK, the four being used for Heritage Flights are USAF.

I think I heard that the Bone Yard in Tucson launched the last couple of QF-4 - worthy aircraft a couple of weeks ago. AMARG is "officially" out of Phantoms now and they've started making QF-16s instead.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2589

Yes Collings has one, and it flies.

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 263

Jim,

So I'm only one day and 4 + pages behind, but have read your story back on page 3519 (Thirty five hundred and nineteen pages, that's monumental!) 4 times now. It reminds me of 2 times in my life I have placed honor and principle above all else to make sure the right outcome was attained. And found that if you believe, truly believe it will work out. It may not work out as you plan, but for each door closed, another really does open.

So when you say "I guess my point in telling this story is, don't let anyone, anyone discourage you from pursuing what you believe to be your right course", better advice is hard to find. Finding the courage and internal faith in one's self to follow them sometime is.

Dan

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2589

These videos were shot from places that were off limits at Reno. I don't know how they did it, but they did. The shots from down low are of pylon 4. You can see from this video why 4 is one of the most amazing places to be during race week. You can also see the very hard turn they have to make around 4 to get to 5 and 6. 4, 5, and 6 were all relocated after Jimmy's accident last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWSDi8w4U74&feature=youtube_gdata_player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O21JWkP9x4

astrobrian

Hope they keep the ones they have for the HF duty, would hate to see them go.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2959

Hi Jeff:
I'm always blown away by the sharpness of your photos. Do you (and curious about others as well) run them through any noise reduction at the beginning of your workflow before making any adjustments?

Glenn

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1849

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Jeff:
I'm always blown away by the sharpness of your photos. Do you (and curious about others as well) run them through any noise reduction at the beginning of your workflow before making any adjustments?

Glenn

Thanks Glenn; you are no slouch in the sharpness department yourself. To answer your question, I wash nearly every image through Nik Dfine as the first step in my post processing workflow. That being said, I believe that sharpness is all about edges and contrast (take this with a grain of salt). While noise reduction is part of the equation, sharpness is primarily about properly contrasting edges. Much of my workflow is based upon Jeff Schewe's pp methodology and I consider his book "Image Sharpening" to be the bible on this subject. I'll get off my soapbox

Glenn Watson

Hi Jeff:
I tried to read a link you sent about his methodology some time back and dont take this the wrong way, but my forehead was sore for days from dozing off and hitting the keyboard I need to give it another try earlier in the day.

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Way to go on the Phanton Stevez....You cant even tell its green in my photos from the day! It maybe ugly but its pretty menancing.

Glenn

1       2       3              3521      
       3523              4282       4283       end