1       2       3              3520      
       3522              4342       4343       end

yipDog
Total Posts: 132

stevez wrote:
yipDog wrote:
Fun at Sky Harbor last night...

Nice work!

Looks like you and Jay were dancing cheek to cheek.

Yup!
Jay's Southwest shot is very nice...he had the 2x on his 500mm plus the extra crop on the 1D mk4. I was handheld with my 500mm plus 1.4 ext on full frame. LOT of post crop on mine!

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2286

Hi Guys...

Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive and kicking - Or at least alive... Can't kick until the surgeon has practised replacing my left hip in preparation in having ago at the right one too!

I am hoping to be able to get to White Ensign day at Yeovilton with Rich & Nick this year, if I get the operations done in time.

The only flying attached to the gritty images below, was that I flew to Italy to get them!

A little touch of SilverEfex...

Donald Gray

nickjohnson wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey, where's Lady Jo? I'm getting worried about her. And how about Sir Donald?

Jim, All,

Just to let you know that I hit the panic button this afternoon. Donald just checked in by text about 15 minutes ago. I do know that there has been a lot of snow down where he lives. He knows about our concern.

I was most touched by your concerns. Thank you all.

Yes, we have had a goodly amount of the white stuff & we were snowed in yesterday... Today the temperature rose to +4c and the snow has almost gone.

My apologies for my extended absence. I have had no aviation photos to show. I have been busy doing home repairs and many other things. I have also been heavily involved with the other passion in my life, Namely Freemasonry and it looks like the next couple of years will be quite demanding...

Donald Gray

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey, where's Lady Jo? I'm getting worried about her. And how about Sir Donald?

Thank you, young James,
I have missed you all too. I am now busy playing catchup and working my way backward through a few hundred pages that I have missed. - I cant remember when I last posted but I have been to Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Germany - I also had a problem with the list owner and I got the sulks!

But I am over it now - I shall lurk until I have something that I think is worthy to present.

I truly believe I am among friends here - Thanks to you all.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3428

More Phantom photos: it's amazing what you can get to fly, if you just provide enough thrust!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

Thank you for the heads up Paul. What a shame.

JWilsonphoto

Welcome back Donald, you are indeed among friends. Great character in your portraits.

JWilsonphoto

Donald Gray wrote:
My definition:

What is grief? It is the manifestation of love that cannot be expressed directly to that departed loved one. Grieving is part of saying "Farewell dear one, I love you and will cherish the memory of every moment we had together."

Thank you Jim for sharing your love with us.

Donald, you mean a lot to us here. I am reminded of your very touching post when Glenn was killed. Like so many here, your participation and personality adds the flavor that makes this all work. I personally don't care if you're shooting lampposts or trash cans, come and be with us when you are able. Glad you are well. When you get all your new hardware installed, you'll run circles around those guys!

Donald Gray

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Donald Gray wrote:
My definition:

What is grief? It is the manifestation of love that cannot be expressed directly to that departed loved one. Grieving is part of saying "Farewell dear one, I love you and will cherish the memory of every moment we had together."

Thank you Jim for sharing your love with us.

Donald, you mean a lot to us here. I am reminded of your very touching post when Glenn was killed. Like so many here, your participation and personality adds the flavor that makes this all work. I personally don't care if you're shooting lampposts or trash cans, come and be with us when you are able. Glad you are well. When you get all your new hardware installed, you'll run circles around those guys!

I cannot find the words. Thank you seems so inadequate - I guess you know what I mean,

JWilsonphoto

I do indeed my friend. Hope you have a blessed day.

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

Donald, Jim said it all. Those hips, will make you almost whole again.
I really like the character in those portraits. Now, that's curly hair.
Good to see you.
Tom

johnahill
Total Posts: 2532

Jeff W. wrote:
USAF jello making machines headed for the EOR...

Cracking shot Jeff

johnahill
Total Posts: 2532

Not posted here much recently but thought i'd share this one from Duxford last year.
Just re-worked this with a mono conversion.

Donald Gray

Good to see you again, Tom

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4540

Another in the never ending quest to make aluminum tubes look good...

When The Eagle Flys

Donald Gray

Oh, I nearly forgot - Thanks for your call, Nick. Very much appreciated.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2415

stevez wrote:
Well done all around, Jo: good camera angles, nicely edited for an aviation audience, cockpit audio adds a lot, and the music is well chosen, too.

Thanks, Steve!

carrg1954
Total Posts: 1207

A welcome return Donald, I hope Australia was kind to you on your visit. regards

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1901

johnahill wrote:
Jeff W. wrote:
USAF jello making machines headed for the EOR...

Cracking shot Jeff

Thanks John; your P-38 conversion is likewise - cracking

Boss Hanna on the EOR ramp shortly before departing on an afternoon sortie with his squadron - 62nd FS "Spike War Dogs".

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3428

johnahill wrote:
Not posted here much recently but thought i'd share this one from Duxford last year.
Just re-worked this with a mono conversion.

Sweet!

1       2       3              3520      
       3522              4342       4343       end