Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3517

1       2       3              3517      
       3519              4531       4532       end

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Wonderful opening salvo Sir Tim. Looking forward to more from your Reno sojourn.

An unexpected surprise this evening. It appears my recent NIGHT MOVES v.4 image was selected as 'Editor's Choice' by PhotoExtract.

http://www.photoextract.com/photo/473018.html

A satisfying way to end the day.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Well if there is a next year we are off to a bad start. Sherman Smoot ground looped Czechmate landing at Shafter today. Gear torn off, airplane bent, pilot ok. One more Unlimited bites the dust.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

A little "shove love" from Luke AFB last year. 310th FS "Top Hats" Viper departing...

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9305

The D4 also does crop mode, so the 17-55 could be used on it in DX crop mode, not sure how much the pixels get shaved off though. Coming up for air with my crazy schedule this semester, I get to school about 8AM and leave about 9PM.... leaves very little time for anything other than feeding cats and hitting pillow. Hopefully spring semester's schedule is a little nicer to me, and then after May 4th, I'll have a week or two off to see where I'm at. I also have to get on that waiting list to get in the program.. there's a TEAS test standing between me and that list.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Soaring doesn't get much better than this; and a

" target="_blank">spectacular new video by my friend Wayne Cook does it full justice. Filmed in the Southern Alps of New Zealand.

This was shot with GoPro 2 and 3 cameras and arduously massaged in post production, as you can see

" target="_blank">here

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4094

Oww Tim great shots I love that rare P51.
Also read somewhere that the Bardahl P51 the white one race 14 is reasonably intact some were in a Hangar couldn't find were.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19261

Congratulations Jeff!

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Jan-Arie wrote:
Oww Tim great shots I love that rare P51.
Also read somewhere that the Bardahl P51 the white one race 14 is reasonably intact some were in a Hangar couldn't find were.

It is in AZ, and it was restored to airworthy status. Widow will not sell the plane however. It is in pristine condition.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

Hey Jim, you could buy this C-130, it would make an awesome A2A platform, don't cha think? ;-)
http://www.jnsaircraftsales.com/assets/C-130A.pdf

stevezzzz

futurshox wrote:
Hey Jim, you could buy this C-130, it would make an awesome A2A platform, don't cha think? ;-)

Awesome, without doubt: and awesomely expensive to operate! Imagine the annual, much less the fuel...

JWilsonphoto

futurshox wrote:

Wouldn't have near the character of a Mitchell.

JWilsonphoto

I can tell you that soon we'll have plenty of our own subjects, which will make life a little easier.

JWilsonphoto

Going to put a Spit in the mix just for you Lady Jo

stevezzzz

gerov wrote:
Unfortunately, I haven't been anywhere near an airfield lately, but I did catch this fellow on Saturday morning while my kids were competing in 1/2 mile and mile open water swims in the Chesapeake Bay. My favorite bird of the warm blooded variety

Beautiful osprey, Gero!

stevezzzz

Jan-Arie wrote:
Please don't post any more head on shots of P51's I'm going in denial right now.

Jim, if you end up with a P-51 and don't offer J-A a head-on A2A opportunity as soon as you're checked out...

...he might just blow a gasket. I wouldn't want to be responsible for that, would you?

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4094

Thanks Steve for that laugh I needed it work kinda sucks lately but hey what else is new.
A Spitfire ehh mmm your gonna make me cry aren't you
But well if he is going to checked out he could leave the A2A opp but offer a back seat ride probably need a crane to get me out after that because of the wide grin that would be on my face for the rest of my life...

Hoping to make some aviation test shots this weekend with the 300 2.8 this weekend is the 69th remembrance of the airborne landings at Arnhem of Operation Market Garden...

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

I am sitting here trying to imagine a wider grin on J-A's face....

And hey, a Spitfire wouldn't go wrong!

Meant to say earlier, too bad about Czechmate's ground loop. Glad the pilot is OK. We were standing by their crew on Sunday and they were probably the most cheery and enthusiastic bunch on the flight line.

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

FlyingPhotog wrote:
A little "shove love" from Luke AFB last year. 310th FS "Top Hats" Viper departing...

Love the shock waves on this one, Jay.

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

Jim, you're going to need to buy the hangers on either side of HQ if you keep going like this

RobMoser
Total Posts: 871

Been working too hard this summer; not a plane image to show for it. But looking forward to seeing people at Alliance!

Here's a picture of my secretary slaving over my notes this morning.

Rob

1       2       3              3517      
       3519              4531       4532       end