Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3509

1       2       3              3509      
       3511              4531       4532       end

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

JWilsonphoto wrote:
cbrandt wrote:
Not a lot going on ... this '93 Gulf Stream G-IV stopped for 1 passenger and around 1700 gallons of fuel and was headin' to Tx ....... like what, 36 million in it's heyday and seats 14 - 19 the specs say .......... nice ride.

We don't have parking for these bigger aircraft, so they just pull up front in the taxi way if they're in and out and everybody just stays out of it's way.

If they are staying over, Maryland Air has hanger space if it's inclement or they park them out in front of the MD State Trooper and airport Tower on the ramp.

That's Jordache's Gulfstream. 36M is about right, they're up about 10M with a "pedestrian" finish out now. Very nice ride. Can be had for a mere 5M now, give or take.

............ I carry my Ipad with me, so when I looked up the registry I recognized the name and had to smile when I saw 1400 Broadway - just a neat NY NY address .... I wish I'd been a few minutes earlier to of gotten a shot of the passenger ...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

msalvetti wrote:
stevez wrote:
Nothing good comes of it when the convective cells back up against the mountains from east to west, as they've been doing in this storm. Looks like Boulder finally got a little bit of a respite overnight, but there's another line backing in this a.m.: yikes!

Be careful out there, guys. Saw a video clip this morning from Colorado University that looked like waterfalls and rapids. Pretty astounding. I think they evacuated the university.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. I'm going to go over to my hangar and see if there's water coming under the door: the airport (KEIK) is adjacent to a creek bottom. We're fine here at home, though the sump pump got a workout last night and I've never seen the street in front of my house running with water from gutter to gutter before. Lots of schools and businesses are closed, the first time I've heard of school closures due to rain in my 38 years here.

cbrandt

I was going to rent the 200-400 for Tn, but it was like $712 for the 2 weeks I needed it - so I sent the D300s and 80-400mm ( v 1 ) off to Nikon / Melville -- clean/check/cal and marry em up together ...... 237 for body / 458 for lens /

Since my 70-200 & 600mm just came back from Nikon and work beautifully, I thought this was a better way to spend $700 and get a long term benefit.

I'll probably send the '09 D700 off for a clean/check/cal just to be done with it - It had a new sensor installed ( 1800 thank you State Farm ) in July of 2011 so a trip in may be worth it. Just posting for those Nikon users who are curious about pricing .... I'll let ya know what repairs were made for this kind of money when I get the units back ..

Got caught 2 fold ...... 1 shooting jets so high shutter speed and 2 TOP ........

cbrandt

Caught these folks recently .. wasn't any sense stickin' around for wheels up as the arrangement of AC on tarmac and fuel trucks were in the way of the take-off

The subdued PC 12/45 out of Fl and the Otter DHC-6-300 out of Las Vegas

The Bell Ranger III model 206B is registered in Marshville, NC prob due to corp status

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

Folks, check out http://clusterballoon.com for a solo balloon crossing of the Atlantic, happening right now!

Greetings from Austin Airport, where I await transportation to Reno :-)

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4094

futurshox wrote:
Folks, check out http://clusterballoon.com for a solo balloon crossing of the Atlantic, happening right now!

Have fun Jo make some nice one's if your able

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

futurshox wrote:

Color Me Envious...

Have Fun!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

I'll do my best!
(Waves to Jay and Jeff as I bounce off Phoenix airport)

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Knock 'em dead Jo. I'm looking forward to your report and images. Have a great adventure

How to make a u-turn with an Airbus on a tight ramp

cbrandt

Tower at BWI had a lightning strike maybe 3 hours ago ....... 2 runways remain open .. FAA employee taken to hospital .......

Think BWI / Baltimore is like 7th busiest in states ...... wonder if there will be any ripple effect ..

FlyingPhotog

I've seen several folks mention that east-bound flights from the west were being held due to Wx in the east. Yes, I'd say there are ripples...

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

Angry wrote:
While Ive got you attention guys I need a few opinions.

When I get to Alliance Im tossing up about lenses.
Im bringing my 1D4 & 100/400f5.6, my 5D3 & 70/200F2.8 plus a 1.4TCIII, due to the fact that my 300f2.8 is too heavy to lug to Allen & all the way around Charlotte , LA & Vegas Im thinking about hiring a Lens,
What are the opinions on either a 300f2.8 or a 400

Al

Sorry guys I must have missed it,..been chasing my tail.
Did anyone have an opinion on this Alliance Lens question

Al

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

Alos just a qicjk question whos flyng into DFW for the HQ reunion ??
What day
I arrive on the Wednesday ,...anyone up for sharing a car

Al

stevezzzz

I'm arriving on the Wednesday, Al. But if everything's working again with my airplane I'll be arriving by Remos, not by the airlines. My backup plan is still United Airlines and a rental car: the United flight I booked arrives ad DFW at 13:16 on Wednesday and the car is reserved through Monday morning. But I'm sure someone else (Steve2 and Steve3, are you listening?) would be in a position to pick you up from DFW and get you to HQ, for starters.

stevezzzz

Jeff W. wrote:
Knock 'em dead Jo. I'm looking forward to your report and images. Have a great adventure

How to make a u-turn with an Airbus on a tight ramp

What Jeff said, Jo!

The Airbus U-turn is my favorite of your current series so far, Jeff!

FlyingPhotog

I'll be coming to TX at 0 AGL and plan to arrive on Wednesday as well. Time TBD though until I'm wheels up from Van Horn that morning. IIRC, last year, I arrived just at lunch time, I think.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19261

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm going to be a bit scarce for a bit, lot's happening, all more than good. I have secured rooms at the Allen Marriott Courtyard for Wed/Thurs/Mon evenings. There'll be a keyword that will get you the preferred rate. Normal rate is $149, HQ rate should be $119.

I have an annual report shoot early Wednesday morning that will probably take me to noon, then I'll head to HQ for prep. Zim, as always, your spot in the hangar will be spotless and waiting. Glenn, if you would like, I'll put 7PC on the lift and there'll be a spot for your ride as well.

Al, I answered your lens question a while back........go with the 400, you'll have close to 300 with your 70-200 and the 1.4.

Any other questions pertaining to our activities, let me know. Quite possibly, with my workload, that Friday evening will be the only air to air that will include additional photographers.

I have made arrangements for The Spirit of Alliance to be positioned in a discreet spot for some evening lighting and shooting opportunities. This will take some discretion due to the location and the small number of folks who will be included in the opportunity(and you know who you are. More as I know more.

stevet5808
Total Posts: 24

The Sea Plane base at Oshkosh always provides great scenery

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19261

I am going to sell my Comet lights, power packs, reflectors, grids, etc. Power packs are two 2400 watt second four head packs, and two 1200 watt second two head packs. I have at least four heads that I'll sell, a couple more that I need to rebuild and snug screws. These are work horses and still have plenty of umph left. If any of our group has an interest, I'll sell them very reasonably, otherwise the go to B&S for market. Oh yeah, three or four quick release brackets for the heads to attach Chimera boxes.

dehowie
Total Posts: 1234

A few of the locals at Lake Hood floatplane base!

Certainly the most unique airport i have ever visited to see Moose wandering among aircraft!

1       2       3              3509      
       3511              4531       4532       end