/forum/topic/600984/3503

1       2       3              3503      
       3505              4134       4135       end

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 108

Another from 2007. Cabanas coming at Pylon 8

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 108

One of my favorites from 2007, catching legendary air racing photographer Neal Nurmi taking aim at Cabanas.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4218

Life's A Beech .. Then You Fly!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1733

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Rodolfo I missed those posts somehow. Don't think you need to change much of anything. Of course if you can get Jeff to help you Welkerize them, then you'll have the best of all worlds.

Rodolfo has no need of my intervention with his images. On the contrary, I need the help. What seems like too many years ago to count, my dad inflicted me with a mantra when shooting weddings - never let the bride fall out of the photograph!

It is a ridiculous mindset to bring to aviation photography; however, I can't seem to break myself of that way of looking at images. As Jim says; the image is fine as is

FlyingPhotog

I'm so glad I had a little time with Bob Odegaard. With his death, we're probably going to lose this beauty. Word is it will go back to ND at some point.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15455

Wrei wrote:
No kidding. I spent 30 minutes trying to order new ammo from Cabella's. Their server was overloaded, and when I got connected all the ammo was backordered. Makes one wonder what the idiot in the WH was really trying to do? Whatever it was, it backfired on him.

Halle and I were spending the evening together last night because Sheila was at a Women of Faith gathering. She's fascinated with all kinds of animals so I thought we'd go look at all the fish in the wall of water at Cabela's and all the wild animals on display there. The store was basically empty, until you rounded the corner for firearms and ammunition. That dept. was wall to wall people and they had a dozen computer stations set up, all full, where buyers could do whatever paperwork was required. The gun cases were full of empty spaces, as were the rifle racks. I heard the department manager say that gun sales have gone up 500% in the last 30 days and ammo, depending upon caliber, is made out of unobtanium. My guess is that this will all settle down when it becomes clear that it's all political posturing, but we'll have a zillion more guns out there and closets filled with high caliber rounds. Once again, government does what it does best, screw things up, all in the interest of "protecting" us.

Sheila and I took in a movie this evening, Matt Damon starred in it and it was about fracking for natural gas. I am so sick of this BS, you can't even go to a movie to chill without being bombarded with some agenda from one side or the other........uh mostly "the other". I told Sheila, never in any period in my life have I been more confused about the truth and the correct course on so many subjects. Everyone has an agenda, the other side lies, the other side from that lies, or is so stupid that they hear a lie in their favor and cause it to go viral. I came home and researched fracking for an hour.......uh, it will kill everything within 10,000 miles........or it is perfectly safe and harmless, pick your side and don't be dissuaded by anything to the contrary. Global warming/global cooling, last night I watched as an economist who writes for the NY Times (suspect already) spent an hour telling an interviewer that the debt ceiling and the looming debt crisis was all concocted by the extreme right and that we have no liquidity problems at all, in fact, we can fund all the entitlements, all the unemployment benefits, and all the senate's wish list for the next four years. His proposal was that we just print up more currency as needed. He extrapolated, somewhat tongue in cheek, that we could pay off China by minting a stack of trillion dollar coins and sending them over to pay the debt. He said, we're not in trouble at all, we have our own currency, we can just print/mint more as we need it and never default". This all went on with a straight face by both the idiot and the interviewer on PBS. I kept expecting to find out it was a Saturday Night Live skit, but it's the new reality.

Can anyone explain to me, the irony in the fact that the loss of life in CT, and I'm not minimizing the horror and excruciating losses there, can elicit such swift and decisive action from Washington, but we can quietly snuff out 50 million......FIFTY MILLION children's lives in this country with nary a wimper? Am I missing something? Man, do you have to be a Christian, or a conservative to be horrified by that? I would think that you'd just have to be a human. My brother tells me, "it's complicated", is it, is it really? Or is it just "inconvenient" to dig through the muck and self deception? Maybe it's all too "complicated" and the group that fights the hardest, screams the loudest, beats the opposition to a bloody pulp in the media gets their way.

We're certainly as polarized as we've ever been in my lifetime, but I keep thinking that just our common bond as humans and a minimum of common sense, should give us enough tools and motivation to find the middle ground. I don't see it and the longer it goes, the less I think it's possible.

The Reverend Billy Graham hit the nail on the head not long ago when he said, "If God doesn't judge America soon, He owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology".

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Wrei wrote:
Take a breath Jim...Spring will be here soon...the bluebonnets began breaking ground last weekend.

Just another thing I love about The Lone Star. Are we ready to secede yet? Can't be far from it.

Agreed on ALL counts. I can't wait.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

Jim, a simple quote by a former chief of staff explains it all. "Never let a good crisis go to waste" and they aren't. It is what they see as a moment to pounce and with a president that has no election to lose now, it's time for them to go nutso. I don't wanna get overly political here (that's what my facebook page is for) but I agree with ya. As for the Cabela's part, hehe yeah I ordered from ammo to go, they have a 1 month back order due to a manpower shortage. So you could say in a way he is creating jobs with this, even if they are temporary.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2097

JW: "We're certainly as polarized as we've ever been in my lifetime, but I keep thinking that just our common bond as humans and a minimum of common sense, should give us enough tools and motivation to find the middle ground. I don't see it and the longer it goes, the less I think it's possible."

The new paradigm: Common Sense vs. Utopia...you know who will win in the end. Patience is a virtue.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9620

Jeff W. wrote:
Rodolfo has no need of my intervention with his images. On the contrary, I need the help.

I beg to differ.

We all have our bad habits, weaknesses, and what-have-you. We all have things we could learn and/or improve. Even Shooter still hasn't learned the basic self-preservation required to duck. But I don't think there's any question that you're one of the best photographers in our group and that I could learn a lot from you.

JWilsonphoto

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Jeff W. wrote:
Rodolfo has no need of my intervention with his images. On the contrary, I need the help.

I beg to differ.

We all have our bad habits, weaknesses, and what-have-you. We all have things we could learn and/or improve. Even Shooter still hasn't learned the basic self-preservation required to duck. But I don't think there's any question that you're one of the best photographers in our group and that I could learn a lot from you.

On the contrary, I merely have the intestinal fortitude to remain standing and get what I came for............

JWilsonphoto

Wow Boeing is having a rough week. All Dreamliners grounded by the FAA today.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9620

JWilsonphoto wrote:
On the contrary, I merely have the intestinal fortitude to remain standing and get what I came for............

Intestines aren't enough for that, it requires suspended spheres of steel...

FlyingPhotog

So Happy It's Thursday...

JWilsonphoto

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

"unobtanium"

gerov
Total Posts: 8639

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

"unobtanium"

You guys are "nuts"

ELinder
Total Posts: 372

Here's a bit of a puzzle for you all I haven't been able to find with Google. This is the prop on the US built DH-4 in the Dayton Air Force Museum. A US built British designed airplane used a French designed and patented propeller? Can that be right?

Erich

JWilsonphoto

That is definitely a collaborative effort Erich!

JWilsonphoto

The KTKI/CCRA marketing booth v 2013............. and a happy client.............

gerov
Total Posts: 8639

Very nice Jim.

1       2       3              3503      
       3505              4134       4135       end