Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3502

1       2       3              3502      
       3504              4249       4250       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15921

Rodolfo I missed those posts somehow. Don't think you need to change much of anything. Of course if you can get Jeff to help you Welkerize them, then you'll have the best of all worlds.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9700

Thanks, Shooter.

Looking for a few images for that Alliance request you made a couple of days ago, but Lightroom time is scarce these days. Is a few of our best captures the kind of thing you're looking for, or do you want images of the show environment -- the statics, the people, the human element, and so on?

JWilsonphoto

We're unveiling the KTKI trade show booth tomorrow morning at the lab. I have been keeping tabs on the production for several months so it won't be a big surprise to me, but the powers that be on the field are going to love it. They've been marketing this airport with slightly more than some mediocre prints and a shadow puppet show, they're going to enjoy having this as a backdrop to their dog and pony show.

My photography on and around the field is at a bit of a standstill until things start to green up in the spring. They want a dusk image from the air with everything green and all the lights glowing. I've been brainstorming the shot for a month and think it'll be out of a Bell 407, love that four bladed stability, with the D800 and the X as a back up.

I'm done with "winter" now and ready for that new spring green and the work that sprouts with it.

JWilsonphoto

Any and all Rodolfo! Thanks!!

JWilsonphoto

Just ran across this live depiction of air traffic as of a few minutes ago.....uh, I am not sure that I want to know this is going on...............

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9700

There's some beautiful depictions of air traffic out there. I especially liked one that's done on video and shows 24 hours of traffic... just a great sight.

What's the deadline for those Alliance shots, Jim?

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4370

Been committing pixelcide over the last few days but of course, you run across a shot that you once were happy with that just begs to be re-cooked.

From the 2010 Archive:

Coincidentally, this was from a Clay Lacy / Paul Bowen / Bombardier project that camped at Phoenix-Gateway for like a week in January of that year. Huge production involving five BizJets, Foto Fanny and one of Clay's "AstroJets" as well.

JWilsonphoto

Might be doing similar production in 2013 Jay. I'll keep you posted.

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Jay,

Excuse my ignorance but what is " Foto Fanny and one of Clay's "AstroJets"
Any pics ??

Al

FlyingPhotog

Angry wrote:
Jay,

Excuse my ignorance but what is " Foto Fanny and one of Clay's "AstroJets"
Any pics ??

Al

Foto Fanny is a B-25 from the Planes of Fame group in Chino, CA. She's "tweaked" for the photo and film industry. Beyond the normal ability to remove the tail guns, she also has a special nose that can be fitted which has optically flat glass in several places instead of the usual wobbly-wavy plexi.

The "AstroJet" (and I think that's the correct name) is a LearJet that has periscope lenses protruding from both the bottom and top of the fuselage for doing high-speed in-flight photography and videography. IIRC, Clay Lacy also has one where a remote camera can be mounted in the nose.

Someone correct me if I'm off the mark, but probably 90-95% of footage of commercial jets in flight over the last 30 years were shot from Clay Lacy's Lears.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2182

Take a breath Jim...Spring will be here soon...the bluebonnets began breaking ground last weekend.

FlyingPhotog

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Might be doing similar production in 2013 Jay. I'll keep you posted.

Willing and able to assist...

FlyingPhotog

Rodolfo: Time Warping Hornet is AWESOME!!!

JWilsonphoto

Wrei wrote:
Take a breath Jim...Spring will be here soon...the bluebonnets began breaking ground last weekend.

Just another thing I love about The Lone Star. Are we ready to secede yet? Can't be far from it.

Wrei

I may have to move to OK, they seem to have more spirit about freedom than any other state!

JWilsonphoto

They do make a good buffer on the north end don't they?

JWilsonphoto

In the end, all this garbage is just rhetoric. Not much will happen, the government is so clumsy and inefficient that they can't enforce the laws on the books now, much less a raft of new ones. Not that they will be laws, more like edicts. They'll prevent nothing, keep no one safer, and from the looks of things have already put tens of thousands of new guns and millions of rounds of ammunition into play, it's insanity, but it will make the left happy, so why not. Welcome to the era of smoke and mirrors, where up is down, debt is good, more debt is better, and life only means something after birth.

Wrei

No kidding. I spent 30 minutes trying to order new ammo from Cabella's. Their server was overloaded, and when I got connected all the ammo was backordered. Makes one wonder what the idiot in the WH was really trying to do? Whatever it was, it backfired on him.

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 109

Another skilled aviator has been lost. Freddy Cabanas was flying in Cozumel Mexico for an upcoming airshow when he crashed. He and his passenger were killed. No matter the skill level, flying can get you with little warning.

Here he just passed Pylon 2 at can level in 2007.

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 109

Cabanas flew "American Beauty" in 2008 coming in low and tight.

1       2       3              3502      
       3504              4249       4250       end