Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3499

1       2       3              3499      
       3501              4286       4287       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4440

Looks a bit beyond wonderful there Steve.

Glad y'all are feeling a bit better.

TOPP...

FedEx(cess)

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

3500 pages....WOW

Tonights Aussie Sunset

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1511

That canon 600mm has me really tempted to try to rent one for the motoGP weekend. I really wish Nikon had a Crop pro body, but they just don't. If people were using 400's on crops for the cars there then I'm going to need a lot more reach than 400 on full frame to get the bikes :-(

Maybe rent a 1dIV and the 600mm F/4? I dunno. It's either that or I'll just "make do" with the Nikon 600mm F/4 on the D3s. Decisions decisions. Or get a 1dx and the 800mm 5.6? decisions decisions.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16066

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for your response to my image request, much appreciated.

Glenn, nice captures of the family Buddy!

Zim, glad you're on the mend. That stuff is bad enough when you're home in your own bed, having it on the road is worse yet. This certainly has been the winter for all manner of crummy germs. I think it's been Thanksgiving since I felt half way decent, at which point I saw Thanksgiving dinner several more times than I really wanted to. Wishing you back to 110% asap. You should hang out a few more days for a do over.

Woke up to snow this morning. That's twice in less than a month. Pretty, and here, unlike when we lived in Illinois, I know it'll be 70 sometime in the next week. Halle spent the night so we did our early am ritual of filling the bird feeders in the back yard. The troops were all over the trees and bushes waiting for us to put out their morning spread.

Al, beautiful down under sunset. How far are those mountains that you see on the horizon?

Steven, ah the dilemmas, there's no end. The 800 is great, but depending upon temps and sky conditions you can end up with the Monet factor in a lot of shots. April can be 60, or 90 around here, no tellin'. I don't have any additional info on my credentials for that event,really haven't had five seconds to pursue, if they happen that'll be great. If they don't, that's fine too. History tells me that we'll all be hanging out together wherever anyway, so who cares.

Off to deliver images and invoices, and stop by Restoration Hardware in search of a couple of things for HQ.

Talk with Y'all later today!

david russell
Total Posts: 749

I just had one of my 1Ds mk III batteries just flat out die. It was literally working one moment and then not the next. The charger won't even light up when I try to charge it. Has anyone else here seen this happen?

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16066

Yes David. When they go, they go. I think a cell gives up the ghost or something. I've had it happen numerous times over the years. They typically last 3 years or so, kind of like a car battery.

Michael H
Total Posts: 3198

3500 pages later, I think I can finally add something here! I have another thread posted with a few images here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1182323 but wanted to add one or two here to be part of the magic. Hoping to get out and shoot more aviation stuff going forward. Also hoping to dig out and scan some slides from the way-back machine. Thanks for looking!

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3535

Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

Hey yes that was a great lens to bad it wasn't mine

Jim I have send you an mail with download link for some photo's

david russell
Total Posts: 749

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Yes David. When they go, they go. I think a cell gives up the ghost or something. I've had it happen numerous times over the years. They typically last 3 years or so, kind of like a car battery.

Interesting....more to learn about new battery chemistries.,,,back to B&H I suppose.

Thanks for the info Jim........ and here I was kicking myself for buying a spare with what great capacity a single battery has. Glad I have that spare now.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1511

Jan-Arie wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

Who did you get it through? Lensrentals.com has it, but it's more than the 800...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3535

Go4Long wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

Who did you get it through? Lensrentals.com has it, but it's more than the 800...

Mark McGrath rented it it was the new 600 Is2 and I think it was lens rentals yes

sozypozy
Total Posts: 600

Love all the photos and sets that are here. They are just so amazing I could look at them again and again

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9714

JWilsonphoto wrote:
The BBJ is the newest ride for the President of Nigeria, it's no Air Force One, but it's a nice ride. Maybe Nigeria lives within it's budget and we could learn something from them.

Trust me, you do not want the U.S. government learning lessons from Nigeria. The whys and the scary examples are too long a list for me to get into right now...

Wrei
Total Posts: 2209

Sozypozy...that's why I stick around!

Rodolfo Paiz

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Fighter Filly
AirVenture 2009

I could swear I've seen that long auburn hair inside a single-seat Mustang...

Rodolfo Paiz

Also, congrats to everyone on reaching page 3500.

In four more posts, we will also reach 70,000 posts.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2084

Sozy, first of all, welcome to MA2A. Second, please look all you want. Third, post some shots when you can. Fourth, hang around and join in the discussions. I am sure that you know how long this thread is, and it will only get longer as time goes by. That is the great thing about this thread, because we don't care how long it gets, just so long as it gets longer.

Regards, Colin

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1852

A little Herc love this afternoon. Of short final into MCAS Yuma.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7637

Redid this one a tiny bit, while I had some spare time over the weekend

dtw757
Total Posts: 105

Clipped the winglet (not unheard of in the real world) but still thought I'd post

Red Sox A-320 by stuart.mike, on Flickr

1       2       3              3499      
       3501              4286       4287       end