3498              4378       4379       end

bobl
Total Posts: 2753

Jim,

Check your PMs

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

JWilsonphoto wrote:
What a pleasant scenario for the passengers. Yuck! I hate snakes! In fact, I have a Colt Diamondback that is perpetually loaded with snake shot cartridges. When one ventures into the back yard from the forest it is dispatched post haste.

Vertical Jello ....

Lovely image Jim.

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Ive got a question for you guys,....particularly the guys who shoot aircraft interiors...

Ive got a car shoot to do & the owner wants some interior shots as well its a bit of a showcar ,
The roof lining is white, & the interior is mostly white...could I power down the 580EXII & use the roof lining as a big reflector I have a G Fong Cloud & a small diffuser as options.
Im shooting with the 7D , but may end up using the 1D4.

Al

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 274

Angry,

I would try putting the 580EXII behind the seat pointed up at the roof and use the 7D's remote flash triggering to light the interior. Perhaps with a diffuser attached. You can also use the flash on the 7D to balance the lighting some. Could be a fun challenge, but you might have to practice some first.

I use the 7D and remote fire up to 3 flashes for fun, home photo's and have been getting some very good results.

Make sure you share with us some of the photos you take,

Dan

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16334

Dear Al,

I've been doing this stuff for 32 years + and every scenario is different. You just need to get in there and see what works. Colors, shapes, ambient, your lighting, they will all influence the end result. I think you are on the right track with the headliner bounce, you'll know quickly if it will work.

Those are the kinds of assignments that have you staring at the ceiling in the middle of the night dreaming up techniques. Good luck!

JWilsonphoto

Faith soloing a two wheeler today..................

JWilsonphoto

Not that I didn't know this already, but the D800, wonderful a tool as it is, just doesn't come close to the autofocus performance of any of the last three generations of Canon Series 1 bodies. Slow and hit and miss. After shooting the X, it makes you feel like you're viewing the whole process in slo-mo.

I grabbed the D800 this morning just for grins, because it had the 70-200 already mounted. My keeper rate was down in the Stevie Wonder range.

DanNehmer

Jim,

Cool photo of Faith. And I love your signature, PAPA! Proud grampa!!.

Dan

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Dan. She was riding one of her brother's old two wheelers. She got a new one all decked in pinks for Christmas, but it's at her house. I like the concentration with a tinge of amazement on her face.

DanNehmer

Jim, that is an awsome face! Annalise would also stick her tung out too, it was just a hoot. But glad she didn't whipout and bite it!!! Dan

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3131

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Glenn

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3496

Awesome, Glenn! I like how you can see both pilots' eyes, even with all that's going on in these shots.

Is the first one maybe a tad overexposed?

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3496

Trouble in paradise: we both came down with stomach flu last night and have been flat on our backs in our room at the B&B ever since. Looking at the bright side: thank goodness today wasn't a travel day...

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3916

astrobrian wrote:
Contribute? Jeff you owned 'em on that! Congrats Nicely done.

Soooo true !
Very nice work.

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3916

Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

Who's smiling more, you or the plane Glenn !

--- NICE ---

Glenn Watson

Hi Steve:

I believe you're right - i updated the link to a new version. I agree thats my favorite thing about it is John's face sneaking in (Blue Pitts).

I finally finished beating myself up over the ISO1600 mistake and starting digging through the files and thought these two were a couple perspective i've never seen anywhere.

Glenn

rkelley
Total Posts: 518

There's something very special about seeing home come into view, even after a very short flight.

Thought I'd share ...

ELinder
Total Posts: 557

Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

Wow! That brings new meaning to the term close trail!

Erich

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2892

Glen, I missed commenting on your first volley from this series, after finding myself a bunch of pages behind. But I'll jump here to say these (and the others) are awesome. Sharp, great composition. Hard to believe they were shot at ISO1600 too. Definitely cover or calendar material.

Mark

1       2       3              3496      
       3498              4378       4379       end