Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3490

1       2       3              3490      
       3492              4532       4533       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

It's a safe bet that if you follow Jo, you'll get some great images, and have a delightful companion to boot!

JWilsonphoto

I see that she is using the Hero IV Stealth...........

JWilsonphoto

Sheila is showing me, she just informed me that she's going to NY to do the town with her Sis while Alliance is going on. I guess she is tired of being single that week.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

You are too kind Jim! As for the stealth cam, it works pretty good, eh? ;-)

JWilsonphoto

Yes Ma'am!

JWilsonphoto

You're coming for HQ Thursday aren't you?

futurshox

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Nice! So that's what you were up to...

Got to be up to something, Jay

futurshox

JWilsonphoto wrote:
You're coming for HQ Thursday aren't you?

Yes sir! Thursday and Friday.
Guess I'd better book a hotel... Might not stay for the weekend though; there's an air race in Jasper on Saturday.

JWilsonphoto

Great!

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 5366

what with all this talk about new A/C, I thought i'd post up this link to what is in the final stages of being my son's new ride. Puts me in mind of the day he and I were flying back to PA from FL in a Mooney 231 and after t/o i turned it over to him - he was 16 at the time - and said "well buddy, it's yours; take us home." I then said "ya know, you're good enough at this you could make it a career."

He did: http://businessaircraft.bombardier.com/en/aircraft/challenger/challenger605.html

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Guess I'd better nail down my Alliance plans as well...

Mooney? I was just digging in the archives for a Mooney shot:

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Miss us yet?

Yes!

FlyingPhotog

This is a local aviation activity that we miss here in AZ. Sequestration killed the PR office for the Goldwater Range...

JWilsonphoto

That's a nice ride Tony! Had you not planted that interest, we might be absent one great corporate stick today. Good on Ya!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4083

Want to see what a 377 megawatt solar generating station looks like in a 360-degree virtual tour?

http://www.ivanpahsolar.com/virtualtour/

Google Maps:

http://goo.gl/maps/nZxCJ

JWilsonphoto

Spoke with a Nikon resource today, who shall remain anonymous cuz they'll get canned. The impression I got from our conversation is that they won't be rolling out a sequel to the D800 anytime soon, and that they can still sell every D4 they make so they aren't terribly motivated to roll out the next generation of that camera. They did file for a patent on a D800 sensor that features an anti aliasing filter that can be switched on and off.

Guess we'll just have to limp along with our current gear for a bit

There was a strong pitch for me to put my name on the Nikon 800mm that is arriving in a few days. I resisted that temptation for the moment.

FlyingPhotog

Guess it's Canon's turn then...

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4121

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I don't know if any of you have used "Clear" for your wifi service. We don't have any hardwired service to the hangar complex so a number of people have tried satellite, repeater stuff, and I use Clear. Really crummy service, very expensive, their tech help is worthless. All in all a very consistent experience. I just picked up an AT&T hot spot and ran tests at HQ with the door down, the acid test. Works great. Bye, bye Clear! Aside from the fact that it works, a perk Clear could only provide very sporadically, it's saving me 45 bucks a month.

When I called them to pull the plug, they routed me through three people (all in India), and they just kept begging me not to drop the "service". The last person asked me if I would stay with them if the dropped my monthly fee to 20 bucks. Let's see, that really ticked me off because I've been paying $75 for a couple of years! When I said that the "service" wasn't worth 20 bucks, they asked if I had any family or friends that I could refer them to for new service...................What?!!?

Jim......." Do you like ice cream " ...?

JWilsonphoto

Yeah Bill, and the old standard, "I'm going to walk you through the rebooting process" . I told her that we didn't need to do that because I was unplugging it for good. This little AT&T hotspot works like a champ!

JWilsonphoto

Hey Bill,

Have you done any metal panels for new Skylanes with the G1000 package? I'd love to give you the business if it's something you want to do. Cessna's panel is "sorta" metal, kind of like cafeteria food is "sorta" food. I'd like the real thing like I had installed in my '81 182. I realize that one shouldn't expect such niceties when one is only spending 600 grand!?

1       2       3              3490      
       3492              4532       4533       end