/forum/topic/600984/3478

1       2       3              3478      
       3480              4532       4533       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9316

STUNNING!

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
That makes no sense. As mentioned above it has been recommend for a long time to format in camera. I'm going on 9 years now with Sandisk and have never lost a single image.

Same Same...

Nine-frame composite from a little storm chase tonight near Casa Grande, AZ...
(Amazing things can happen in post if you remember to not move the damn camera!)

NightOwl Cat

And the owner of the plane, if it's not the pilot.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
futurshox wrote:
Well, I have my tickets all booked up and I will be happy to see whatever shows up, since it will be our first time there...

We went to the Marble Falls Drag Boat races the other day, and this seaplane circled around once or twice. I took his picture and didn't even notice the writing underneath until just now when I was looking at the pictures... Not sure whether to laugh or cry!! I think I'll cry...

Another example of why you deserve to be called "Lady" Jo. The boob is the slug in the cockpit.

NightOwl Cat

If this year's ISAP card is an indicator.. it's got to be a doozy!

Geaux wrote:
I somehow completely missed Jim's business card. I have heard of this elusive creature but have never seen it. I am sure it is stunning though .

edit to add TOPP. I don't think I've uploaded this one yet.

NightOwl Cat

I was going through some stuff, and found two of Beth's business cards. Only time I met her was Doolittle 70.

Razor17 wrote:
astrobrian wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
That's too bad Brian.

If I am able to go it would only be as crew with the Dog, not as part of the photo missions. TBD

Tell Beth Ann that you will out sell her...

Lynn

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19268

A grab shot from my day in the help Saturday...................

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Nice skyline Jim

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Jay! I would have chosen a little later in the afternoon, but all my projects were large commercial water parks and pools and the client loves them full of people so it's bumpy air and straight up and down light. I givz 'em what they asks for Although they weren't filled with people last Saturday. This was all last minute and a little late in the season because folks are getting their kids ready to go back to school. Yuz can only do so much ya know.

FlyingPhotog

From Thursday evening at Oshkosh...

When we were playing in the Pony corral, I half-jokingly asked Jim Froneberger to walk up front and square up the prop for us. Since he wouldn't do it then, I did it myself!

SOOC

If Jimmy had been more willing...

I can see a few details that need to be cleaned up, but not bad for a wholesale cut, flip, paste, blend job on two prop blades and an antennae!

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4122

Dam, nice work Jay.

JWilsonphoto

Nice work Jay! I'd have been tempted to do it the analog way. What self respecting 51 owner would ever walk away with his prop askew? What's the world comin' to

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

I keep coming back to that polished Lockheed Lodestar....

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

Jay,

I like the processing of the mustang image, and can see what you were trying to do with the prop blades, but they look slightly off as the gap between each blade is not 90 degrees the way the SOOC blades are - looks more like a slightly squashed X shape than a rotated + .

Apologies if that seems a tad harsh as being able to do what you have done there is way above my skill levels in photoshop.

Mark

FlyingPhotog

I appreciate the feedback on the Mustang edit guys/gals...

Yeah, it was a "bottom of the ninth, two out, bases loaded, swing for the fences" edit but I guess I need to go back to square one and figure out how to rebuild the entire prop. Maybe just use the top left blade only and just make more layers/masks to hide it behind those things it should be behind. I think it's probably the bottom left blade that throws things out of whack because the upper right blade is simply a mirror of the upper left and the lower left is a mirror of the lower right. But I guess if the upper left isn't at a pure 45 degrees, then mirroring it doesn't yield a true 90-degree angle, does it? Rats...

Here's one of those "Wonder what happens if..." kinds of shots. I was on top of one of the Sky Harbor parking garages this morning just noodling around with aluminum tubes and I wondered how well the local antennae farm would resolve from about 7 miles away with my 500 + 2X:

It looks as if some of the guide wires even resolve!

FlyingPhotog

A couple chunks of the aforementioned aluminum tubage...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Here's one of those "Wonder what happens if..." kinds of shots. I was on top of one of the Sky Harbor parking garages this morning just noodling around with aluminum tubes and I wondered how well the local antennae farm would resolve from about 7 miles away with my 500 + 2X:
It looks as if some of the guide wires even resolve!

All things considered, I think it resolved very well Jay. It was probably very close to 90* when you tripped the shutter this morning. Not bad for cutting through the heat haze. Here is a photo of same set of towers taken during a March 2013 storm. My 100-400L did not provide as much reach as your 500 + 2x, but I still think you image resolves better. I tried a 2:1 pano-style crop to help emphasize the darkness of the clouds and mountain being bifurcated by the backlighting of the afternoon sun.

FlyingPhotog

Nicely Done Jeff...

Reminds me of like, Dracula's castle on the hill!

FlyingPhotog

Just as fodder for the discussion, I took the upper left blade and simply Copy, Paste, Flip for each of the four blades... The tips are all tangential to each other.

I can now see where I was off...

viczig
Total Posts: 2398

A couple from Plymouth MA airport.

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Some pretty cool events coming up here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland this fall ..

http://www.skipjack-nathan.org/Events/currentrace.html

http://eastonairportdays.com/

http://www.webauthority.net/lions.htm

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Just as fodder for the discussion, I took the upper left blade and simply Copy, Paste, Flip for each of the four blades... The tips are all tangential to each other.

I can now see where I was off...

Jay,

I think part of the problem gets introduced when you flip the blade.
Instead of flipping the blade which mirrors the prop and reverses the pitch / twist of the blade compared to what it should be, paste that layer as a new image and then rotate it 90 degrees.
Do this twice more and it should work out with the blade tips & cuffs all in the correct pitch / twist.

Mark

1       2       3              3478      
       3480              4532       4533       end