/forum/topic/600984/3477

1       2       3              3477      
       3479              4531       4532       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

stevez wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
futurshox wrote:
Well, I have my tickets all booked up and I will be happy to see whatever shows up, since it will be our first time there...

We went to the Marble Falls Drag Boat races the other day, and this seaplane circled around once or twice. I took his picture and didn't even notice the writing underneath until just now when I was looking at the pictures... Not sure whether to laugh or cry!! I think I'll cry...

Another example of why you deserve to be called "Lady" Jo. The boob is the slug in the cockpit.

Well said, Jim!

Thanks Zim! Sheesh, some guys never get out of 8th grade mentally. Doesn't it comfort you to know they are flying things over our heads?

BillyBlaylock
Total Posts: 85

I somehow completely missed Jim's business card. I have heard of this elusive creature but have never seen it. I am sure it is stunning though .

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Still working through the Topeka folders. Here's Scott Glover's immaculate Lockheed C-60, whose interior is every bitt as well maintained as its polished aluminum exterior. Unfortunately, Scott blew an engine in Topeka and so the airplane's still there, awaiting a new one.

JWilsonphoto

Zim, only you could turn a hazy sky into that! Well done!

JWilsonphoto

Dear Geaux,

I'm kind of fond of it, and it seems to work. I rarely get away with handing a person just one, which is a good sign they might just remember me.

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

astrobrian wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
That's too bad Brian.

If I am able to go it would only be as crew with the Dog, not as part of the photo missions. TBD

Tell Beth Ann that you will out sell her...

Lynn

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
That makes no sense. As mentioned above it has been recommend for a long time to format in camera. I'm going on 9 years now with Sandisk and have never lost a single image.

Same Same...

Nine-frame composite from a little storm chase tonight near Casa Grande, AZ...
(Amazing things can happen in post if you remember to not move the damn camera!)

This is when you tell the other guy, glad its your leg...

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Zim, only you could turn a hazy sky into that! Well done!

Big

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

Zim,
that is fabulous. Can't help myself, but me wonders what it would look like after some Silver Efex treatment

Gero

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9906

Razor17 wrote:
This is when you tell the other guy, glad its your leg...

This is when you start your 180, and then tell the other guy you're getting the hell out of here...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

gerov wrote:
Zim,
that is fabulous. Can't help myself, but me wonders what it would look like after some Silver Efex treatment

Gero

Thanks, Gero. You know, I'd been wondering that myself. Wonder no more...

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

Love it

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 5366

"Thanks Zim! Sheesh, some guys never get out of 8th grade mentally. Doesn't it comfort you to know they are flying things over our heads?"

Or orchestrating our country's fate from the thrones (the one's with the lid) of government!!

RobMoser
Total Posts: 871

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Seems I'm having an unusually high failure rate on my CF cards in the last six months. Since I've been using CF media I've had very few failures, maybe two. I've had four Lexar 1000X/600X Pro cards go toes up in the past 60 days. I find this very unusual and I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing, like dropping a couple of cards in my pocket to rattle around with my iPhone, or something weird. Lexar replaces them asap, but that really isn't my main concern, I am getting a little nervous about trusting them. I had some Sandisk go south so I switched to Lexar, and this failure rate is higher than my Sandisks. Any thoughts from the brain trust?

I've actually had worse luck with Lexars than SAN disks, much like you. Although I'm not entirely sure it's a meaningful sample size . I've had even worse results out of Kingston. But flash memory does wear out, so if you're using it, sooner or later it's going to fail.

Actually, thought I'd add this. What I do is simply to buy more memory whenever the price falls low enough to tempt me . I mark the cards so that the ones at the top of the use list get pushed down. Eventually, they fall out the bottom as not being used at all any more. I find it less painful to just discard working cards than to deal with data recovery. I work in IT; it's simply not worth my time and effort to try to re-assemble bits and I know it.

Rob

JWilsonphoto

Hi Rob,

Yup. I also think I need to break the bad habit of dropping three of them into a pocket and letting them bounce around in the dust all day. That probably has a lot more to do with it than how and where they are formatted Been doing that for years, and I'm sure it's not a suggested practice. Oh we'll, I ordered four more 1000X cards from B&H today and Lexar is sending me two more. That will bring me up to a dozen 32GB 1000X cards. Even with the D800 bodies that should be plenty. I date them when I put them into service, but I haven't noticed an age failure trend, maybe just a pocket lint failure trend.

RobMoser
Total Posts: 871

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Rob,

Yup. I also think I need to break the bad habit of dropping three of them into a pocket and letting them bounce around in the dust all day. That probably has a lot more to do with it than how and where they are formatted Been doing that for years, and I'm sure it's not a suggested practice. Oh we'll, I ordered four more 1000X cards from B&H today and Lexar is sending me two more. That will bring me up to a dozen 32GB 1000X cards. Even with the D800 bodies that should be plenty. I date them when I put them into service, but I haven't noticed an age failure trend, maybe just a pocket lint failure trend.

I've often thought that I should just mark off the number of times that a card is used and use it less and less. It is really a wearing out issue. So if you use a particular card a lot of times, you're setting yourself up for a failure. I've never really gone to this extreme, but I don't shoot near as much as you do and it might be worth considering.

Rob

JWilsonphoto

Might be a good idea to set the cameras up to record to two cards. Although this last one was really weird. I shot it, reviewed the images in the camera, took the card out, popped it in the reader and it went toes up. It's so dead that it is only seen as some weird memory with 80 MB of capacity and nothing one tries can get anything from it, nor can you reformat it. Maybe I should have Sheila wash it, that always seems to do the trick

FlyingPhotog

John Collver in "War Dog" performing at Chino back in May...

FlyingPhotog

Round, Round, Get A Round, I Get A Round...
Boeing P-26 Pea Shooter
Planes of Fame Airshow .. Chino, CA

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Razor17 wrote:
astrobrian wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
That's too bad Brian.

If I am able to go it would only be as crew with the Dog, not as part of the photo missions. TBD

Tell Beth Ann that you will out sell her...

Lynn

Now that would be a bold thing to try

1       2       3              3477      
       3479              4531       4532       end