1       2       3              3476      
       3478              4133       4134       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4216

Fly Me Through The Moon...

The Whale No Longer Tasks Me!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 2961

Jay, I knew that you were out howling at the moon this evening, but that is just ridiculous. In a good way.

FlyingPhotog

Thanks Steve. Next item on the agenda will be to try and do this when the DR is more balanced.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9620

Mrussfoto wrote:
I finally stopped lurking and joined what has to be the finest thread on the net. I've always been interested in aviation and found this site after being badly injured a couple of years ago. the beautiful photography and wonderful each of you wrote got me through many a bad day. I've learned a lot from you all, but have not had much chance to put it to work. Just getting to where I can kind of Walk again. I did make it to the airshow in Winston Salem NC but as you can imagine being my first the result's were less than stellar. If I can figure how to upload maybe you guys can critique and help me. Alas no full circles.

Man, I wish I'd done one-tenth as well as you did on my first outing! Those look very good indeed.

But as Jim said, I'm happier to hear that you've enjoyed the company and even more so that you've decided to join us. You don't have to shoot to talk, you know.

Welcome home.

Rodolfo Paiz

anthonysemone wrote:
For all of ya'll incredible aviation photogs, I thought the following link would bring some bittersweet news.

http://redbullairracefan.wordpress.com/2012/07/21/red-bull-air-race-gmbh-confirms-2014-return/

Woo-hoo! Dare I hope for another Monument Valley race? I was thrilled with my take from that day, based on my (rather lacking!) skills at the time, even though I drove six hours each way to make the race and schlepped all my gear around in the sun all day. (Thank you, Think Tank!) But as the years have come and gone, and both my gear and my skills improve, I look at those images and just itch for another crack at a Red Bull Air Race with so few people.

I appreciate Tim's preference for "real" racing, but I'm with Jim... the photo opportunities and the entertainment at an RBAR are intensely fun, and I can't wait to shoot one again. Besides, though pure speed is not the object, I cnosider Red Bull to still be "real" racing: like an auto rally, it's all about managing the best possible speed while getting through a tough set of obstacles. The precision required is unbelievable, and the skill involved is undeniable.

Rodolfo Paiz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Ya gotta be nuts to buy Mac RAM, don't know why they don't come to the party and sell it for what the competition does.

Because they don't have to. Some large fraction of their buyers don't know about those choices, or have an intangible distrust of third-party options because they "might not be good quality", or because they don't understand the industry or the technology well enough... and that large fraction of their buyers does pay their prices. Which does wonderful things for their profit margins.

FlyingPhotog

Sun Seeker

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1409

Tim Adams wrote:
Go4Long wrote:
your site isn't that complicated...but it does seem a little slow. That might just be my end though, I'm at work.

GoDaddy is the host, so I have nothing to do with that other than all my files are level 10, 11, 12 jpegs, so the files are large at times.

Strange, I'm hosted by Smugmug personally (although considering making a switch since they upped their prices this year), but I believe their hosting is done VIA GoDaddy as well, and it just seems from my end that my site seems to load faster, even going to portions of my site that I know I haven't visited before from this computer. I could be totally out to lunch though.

This conversations is really just reminding me that I haven't done anything worthwhile in terms of site management on my site in what seems like a very long time.

On another note, Jay, I like that Seaworld Southwest Airlines shot...and not just because I like killer whales.

FlyingPhotog

Go4Long wrote:
Strange, I'm hosted by Smugmug personally (although considering making a switch since they upped their prices this year), but I believe their hosting is done VIA GoDaddy as well, and it just seems from my end that my site seems to load faster, even going to portions of my site that I know I haven't visited before from this computer. I could be totally out to lunch though. And I haven't done anything worthwhile in terms of site management on my site in what seems like a long time.

AFAIK, Smug (and Flickr and Zenfolio) are their own entities. There is no external hosting as they are the service and the servers. Your domain comes directly from them unless you choose to buy a domain from Go Daddy, et al, and have it re-direct (which is what I do)

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1409

Smugmug redirects you to GoDaddy when you purchase a domain name through them.

FlyingPhotog

Go4Long wrote:
Smugmug redirects you to GoDaddy when you purchase a domain name through them.

That makes sense since you're buying your own domain. As with Zenfolio however, you can retain the Smug-assigned url though if you so choose.

FlyingPhotog

Pastel Approach

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3360

Tim Adams wrote:
Boy, I give up on the Canon forums at http://photography-on-the.net/forum/

I post a link to the 2012 Reno galleries, and they can't seem to figure out how to find them?? Only place I have ever had that complaint. I know my site is very basic and not exactly state of the art these days, but this boggles my mind.

Tim I'm also getting redirected to the first page when i click on reno 2012 tried it with firefox and I.E.

Screenhot I see the page but no photo's

Angry
Total Posts: 1209

Tim Adams wrote:

I post a link to the 2012 Reno galleries, and they can't seem to figure out how to find them?? Only place I have ever had that complaint. I know my site is very basic and not exactly state of the art these days, but this boggles my mind.

I saw it Tim n went n looked....

As usual ,....Bloody Awsome Images....

If they are too lazy or dumb to find it,....well...

Great work..

Al

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 4236

RBAR 2010 - Liberty Park, NJ

Indeed, Rodolfo, the flying skills these guys have is just incredible. I apologize in advance for my lack of skill which has so far not at all improved with respect to aviation since I don't take aviation pics anymore

Nevertheless, while I'm sure I posted some of these here before, I though I'd put them up just to remind myself and perhaps to tweak ya'll's interest in the 2014 edition. If I'm still on the right side of dirt, I'm sure I'll be wherever the heck it's being held in CONUS.

anthonysemone

And it's not only the Aviation that's enjoyable

anthonysemone

And these guys brought tears to my eyes - must've been the dust or sumthin'

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15448

Nice series Tony. Maybe we can shoot the next event together! Happy New Year!!

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2745

Jan-Arie wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:

Tim I'm also getting redirected to the first page when i click on reno 2012 tried it with firefox and I.E.

Jan-Arie, I did the same thing - stopped and waited for the galleries to load. Then I realized the galleries are in the links along the bottom of the page.

Tim, the text is a bit small, and they kind of blend into the ad at the bottom. Maybe you could list them vertically along the left edge?

Having said that, I figured that out right quick, and lingered over that B&W night shot of Precious Metal with what look like electric arcs in the prop disk - I love that image.

Mark

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2549

Jan-Arie wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:

I see what you mean, the link for each class gallery is below as you can see, I forgot to add a link back to the page you see above to go from class to class without getting kicked back to the main gallery page.

1       2       3              3476      
       3478              4133       4134       end