Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3476

1       2       3              3476      
       3478              4529       4530       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Tim Adams wrote:
That makes no sense. As mentioned above it has been recommend for a long time to format in camera. I'm going on 9 years now with Sandisk and have never lost a single image.

Same Same...

Nine-frame composite from a little storm chase tonight near Casa Grande, AZ...
(Amazing things can happen in post if you remember to not move the damn camera!)

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2447

Can anyone identify his P-51 seen flying at Flying Legends UK 2012?
Niall

carrg1954
Total Posts: 1262

Niall
google d ftsi mustang

www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/p51survivors/pages/44-73871.shtml‎;
1950: RCAF 9245, Dec 6 1950 -- May 2 1956
1956: May 2, struck off after crash
1959: rep. to Israel as IDFAF??
rep. seen crated at Whiteman Airpark, Ca
1964: N7098V, Pioneer Aero Service
1970: Cavalier Aircraft
1978: Albert McKinley
1990: Elmer Ward - restored as TF-51 at Pioneer Aero, "TF-871"
1991: Doug Arnold, shipped UK 1992
1996: Ice Strike Corp
1996: Mustang Air Inc.
2006: rarely seen TF is listed for sale
2007: sold to Meier Motors, Bremgarten Germany, repainted as "Dream Girl

does that help regards

nrferguson

Great, that's it Many thanks (I'd tried googling all sorts of things with no luck - Google can be surprisingly hit & miss)
Niall

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Update for those that might be thinking of heading to Reno.

Still only 16 Unlimiteds entered. Rumors swirling that only the top 3 will get paid well with the others just getting a very small fee. Could be a large reason for such a small field.

Strega - Race engine being built by Mike Nixon and his crew at Vintage V-12's.
Voodoo - Probably start test flights this week with Hinton Jr.
Rare Bear - Flight testing being conducted at Sherman TX. Is it going on a truck to Reno, or flying?? Who knows.
232 - Rod's other Gold contender. Big Steve test flew it at Chino, it is ready. Hoot Gibson as race pilot.
Precious Metal - New Griffion race motor is being built. They need to hurry, it has to fly all the way across the country with the race motor and be on the ramp 9/7.
Dreadnought - Ready.
Czechmate - Flew this past weekend with a rebuilt wing for the first time in a few years. They say it is ready.

Lot's of noise from the big guns like Tiger and Rod that this is the last year they will be racing. This is the 50th. I have a very strong feeling that this is the last time we are ever going to see the balls out Gold racers on the course.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

Well, I have my tickets all booked up and I will be happy to see whatever shows up, since it will be our first time there...

We went to the Marble Falls Drag Boat races the other day, and this seaplane circled around once or twice. I took his picture and didn't even notice the writing underneath until just now when I was looking at the pictures... Not sure whether to laugh or cry!! I think I'll cry...

nrferguson

Worth a look (with the sound on!)
Niall

http://io9.com/5893615/absolutely-mindblowing-video-shot-from-the-space-shuttle-during-launch

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9906

ELinder wrote:
Edit for TOPP: At the airport about to fly out to, so no plane pics. But here's where I'm off to for the next 2 weeks.

Erich, where is that? It looks a lot like Salzburg...

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 313

Jay,

Love the Lightning photo yet seems just a bit unrealistic. Few too many bolts on one frame for me. Have you thought about overlaying 4-5 of the imagines, keeping the spread of lightning across the frame? Sometimes more is less and might add to the photo.

But a cool idea and I'll have to try it, haven't done much weather photo's without moving the tripod/settup too often.

Dan

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19252

futurshox wrote:
Well, I have my tickets all booked up and I will be happy to see whatever shows up, since it will be our first time there...

We went to the Marble Falls Drag Boat races the other day, and this seaplane circled around once or twice. I took his picture and didn't even notice the writing underneath until just now when I was looking at the pictures... Not sure whether to laugh or cry!! I think I'll cry...

Another example of why you deserve to be called "Lady" Jo. The boob is the slug in the cockpit.

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Been there done that depart ...... but a public notice ......

We just wanted to let you know that "The Movie" Memphis Belle B-17 will be making a tour stop in Philadelphia and Baltimore. Details below. You can contact Scott at 918-340-0243 to reserve a flight or feel free to just come out and see her fly. Ground tours are also available after the days flights. So bring the entire family along. Flights available in the B-17. Check our website for specifics.

http://www.libertyfoundation.org

Aug 31-Sept 1
Northeast Philadelphia Airport (KPNE)
Atlantic Aviation FBO
9800 Ashton Road
Philadelphia, PA 19114

Sept 7-8
Martin State Airport (KMTN)
Martin State FBO
701 Wilson Point Road
Baltimore, MD 21220

Thanks for your interest.

Liberty Foundation
http://www.libertyfoundation.org
http://facebook.libertyfoundation.org (Facebook)
http://flickr.libertyfoundation.org (Flickr - Photo sharing)

The Liberty Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit flying museum.

JWilsonphoto

A few months ago I attended a business gathering with a number of the country's top builders and their architects. Our table was having a lively discussion about photographers and photographing residential architecture. I listened for most of the back and forth and what I came away with was really quite amazing, given the photographic business atmosphere. The people at my table alone had the ability to add a half million dollars to any photographer's annual income, in the blink of an eye. The majority of them felt that the product they were receiving was mediocre to "acceptable". Many of them felt that they had been deceived, and subsequently burned concerning rights and future use. None of them seemed to have a comfortable relationship with the photographers they were currently using.

I listened to the discussion, scarcely able to contain the smile within. Our place holders at the table had our names and our company name on them, so most everyone knew that I was a commercial shooter. Eventually they all looked at me and collectively asked what my feelings were on the issues they had raised, and how I work with my clients. You just couldn't have orchestrated a better scenario. I answered their questions, discussed shooting styles and tried to explain the preponderance of HDR treatment that they were seeing, which most of them didn't care for, but didn't understand. The perfect conclusion to this impromptu marketing opportunity was a visual presentation on a huge flat screen, about 75% of which I had captured. That was followed by my existing clients sweeping about the same percentage of the honors being given out.

Several of the people at the table have contacted me and I am now shooting for them, but Friday the architect for the largest firm contacted me to see if we could meet early this week to discuss building a relationship. They have thirty projects across the country that are finished, awaiting photography, and about the same number in various stages of completion that will need to be photographed.

What stuns me about this scenario is that some photographer literally gave this client away. I've said it before, no one can "take" a client from you, give them away by not building a relationship with them, turning them into an adversary over silly rights debates, or producing an inferior product. There is a lot of discouraging challenges facing people who aspire to be professional photographers (and who need to produce incomes that afford them a reasonable lifestyle), and they need to be viewed realistically before the decision is made to launch out on that course. Unfortunately, in good conscience, one cannot paint a rosy picture of today's photographic market, to the people who sincerely ask "how can I go about this?" A sliver of hope and good news to those asking that question is, surprisingly, if you keep your eyes peeled, there are established photographers whose game plan appears to be giving their clients to someone with a better plan, a bigger passion, a better product. They are there for the taking, and we should be overjoyed to oblige.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Come on Jim, you can tell us...it was the business card!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

JWilsonphoto wrote:
futurshox wrote:

Another example of why you deserve to be called "Lady" Jo. The boob is the slug in the cockpit.

Well said, Jim!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
ELinder wrote:
Edit for TOPP: At the airport about to fly out to, so no plane pics. But here's where I'm off to for the next 2 weeks.

Erich, where is that? It looks a lot like Salzburg...

That's because it is Salzburg. Actually, it's a digital representation of a two-dimensional mapping of one aspect of Salzburg at a particular moment in the past...he said, helpfully.

JWilsonphoto

Wrei wrote:
Come on Jim, you can tell us...it was the business card!

Well there's that..............

JWilsonphoto

I don't have their business yet, but I'm thinking that will change Wednesday at lunch

JWilsonphoto

I picked up a great book the other day, it's a National Geographic publication (see, no hard feelings). It's about three inches thick and the NG shooter who ran the project did a wonderful job of describing this thing we have such a passion for. The majority of the book is photographs, but the text is absolutely captivating. The title is "Simply Beautiful Photographs".

The imagery is wonderful, oddly not anywhere near as sharp as we shoot, which is kind of interesting, but it doesn't detract from the book's impact. I got lost in the text when I flipped it open in B&N and couldn't put it down, so I bought it. Lot's of quotes from those who have gone before us. Things like "To consult the laws of composition before making a photograph is like consulting the laws of gravity before one heads out for a walk"....... Edward Weston It's the kind of book you read over and over and find something new in it each time.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9906

Wise guy. :P

Daniela and I miss Salzburg. Definitely on the "must go back" list.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4092

Good job so far Jim, Listen first and ask or answer questions later and of course that Business card you just can't get around that one.
I like the way you do your business and your always have a solution that fits the client needs and will deliver.
We always like to say Can't is not an option....
Good luck with the meeting and as always looking forward to some samples....

1       2       3              3476      
       3478              4529       4530       end