Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3473

1       2       3              3473      
       3475              4321       4322       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16141

Beautiful pano Steven.

Chris that Corsair looks a mile deep. Have you been hanging out with our Arizona wing?

It's not Aspen, but we'll take what we can get around here............

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9742

Mmm, that Corsair is made of liquid metal. And that Southwest departure is positively 3D. The bar just keeps getting higher and higher...

jason9101
Total Posts: 32

Rodolfo, are you sure that the Corsair is made of liquid metal? Just curious to know.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4524

Saw the Corsair on FB but its several miles deeper here!

Gorgeous!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1875

I was informed this evening that Evergreen retired all of their 747's immediately after Christmas. It appears they may be a casualty of this challenging economy. I've enjoyed the opportunities to photograph these "Green Queens" (as Jay eloquently nicknamed them) and will miss their periodic visits. This image was taken on 12/21 and is one of the last flights of this 747-200.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9742

jason9101 wrote:
Rodolfo, are you sure that the Corsair is made of liquid metal? Just curious to know.

I apologize for not speaking clearly, Jason. Nothing special about the Corsair's manufacturing methods... what I meant was that the Corsair's metal looks so smooth and fluid in Chris's image that it appears almost as a liquid. It was a compliment to the airplane, yes -- I love Corsairs -- but mostly to the photographer.

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

Are you sure the terrorists from Die Hard 2 are not on that Evergreen aircraft? Yipee Kai Yay M@#*&@#(@#)!

JWilsonphoto

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
jason9101 wrote:

I apologize for not speaking clearly, Jason. Nothing special about the Corsair's manufacturing methods... what I meant was that the Corsair's metal looks so smooth and fluid in Chris's image that it appears almost as a liquid. It was a compliment to the airplane, yes -- I love Corsairs -- but mostly to the photographer.

I think your description fits that image to a tee Rodolfo, and the image/post processing is spectacular.

JWilsonphoto

While I always love a new assignment, I'm very ready to be done til the 2nd. Walking out the door for a day long architectural shoot. This I believe is the last assignment of 2012.

Did you ever do something that you knew was going to go south quickly, but you just couldn't resist?.............

futurshox
Total Posts: 2399

skyhawkpilot wrote:
Are you sure the terrorists from Die Hard 2 are not on that Evergreen aircraft? Yipee Kai Yay M@#*&@#(@#)!

Ah, Christmas movies, donchajustlove'em? We just watched all four Die Hards over the last few days

And thank you for the Boxing Day greetings, Steve (I think)! It was always traditional in the UK to watch a James Bond movie on Boxing Day, but I guess the aforementioned will have to do this year.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3398

You're welcome, Jo. I once observed Boxing Day in England, but never knew what it signified. Here's a paragraph from the Wikipedia article:

"In Britain, it was a custom for tradesmen to collect "Christmas boxes" of money or presents on the first weekday after Christmas as thanks for good service throughout the year.[3] This is mentioned in Samuel Pepys' diary entry for 19 December 1663.[4] This custom is linked to an older English tradition: Since they would have to wait on their masters on Christmas Day, the servants of the wealthy were allowed the next day to visit their families. The employers would give each servant a box to take home containing gifts and bonuses, and sometimes leftover food."

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
While I always love a new assignment, I'm very ready to be done til the 2nd. Walking out the door for a day long architectural shoot. This I believe is the last assignment of 2012.

Did you ever do something that you knew was going to go south quickly, but you just couldn't resist?.............

, Jim. Looks like you got more snow in Dallas than we did in Denver: my boys went outside on Christmas Eve to assess the snowball potential, but abandoned the effort.

stevezzzz

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Saw the Corsair on FB but its several miles deeper here!

Gorgeous!

+1!

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1712

stevez wrote:
To Jo, Niall, Donald, et al: Happy Boxing Day to our English friends!

Too busy watching granddaughter opening presents to pick this up til now - likewise to all across the Atlantic or anywhere.
Niall

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

stevez wrote:
You're welcome, Jo. I once observed Boxing Day in England, but never knew what it signified. Here's a paragraph from the Wikipedia article:

"In Britain, it was a custom for tradesmen to collect "Christmas boxes" of money or presents on the first weekday after Christmas as thanks for good service throughout the year.[3] This is mentioned in Samuel Pepys' diary entry for 19 December 1663.[4] This custom is linked to an older English tradition: Since they would have to wait on their masters on Christmas Day, the servants of the wealthy were allowed the next day to visit their families. The employers would give each servant a box to take home containing gifts and bonuses, and sometimes leftover food."

I always thought Boxing day meant people just started boxing with each other in the middle of the street. I have heard it is quite dangerous. :P

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2158

Jeff W. wrote:
I was informed this evening that Evergreen retired all of their 747's immediately after Christmas. It appears they may be a casualty of this challenging economy. I've enjoyed the opportunities to photograph these "Green Queens" (as Jay eloquently nicknamed them) and will miss their periodic visits. This image was taken on 12/21 and is one of the last flights of this 747-200.

Jeff,

Word is that the USAF has banned the -200's from undertaking airlift charters due to the high fuel costs compared to other types. USAF picks up the fuel bill on these flights.

Mark

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1875

MMcGrath wrote:
Jeff,

Word is that the USAF has banned the -200's from undertaking airlift charters due to the high fuel costs compared to other types. USAF picks up the fuel bill on these flights.

Mark

Very interesting Mark. We were under the impression that during the weeks before Christmas, the Evergreen, Atlas, and Emirates 747's were being used as surrogates for FedEx and UPS to help with the increase in holiday cargo traffic. While I'm sure FedEx and UPS paid well, it was a seasonal job at best. It appears that Federal budget woes dictate more fuel efficient carriers. Thanks for the clarification.

FlyingPhotog

Walking The Dog

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

Come on up, if you want snow. We have about a foot on the ground and drifts to 5 feet. Bring your oxygen, as we are at 7860 feet.

Tom

FlyingPhotog

3:19 To Phoenix
(More Bus than Train)

1       2       3              3473      
       3475              4321       4322       end