Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3449

1       2       3              3449      
       3451              4253       4254       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15943

Great shot Jo. A beautiful day to fly in Texas!!

Rusty1
Total Posts: 819

cbrandt wrote:
Always enjoyed workin' around A4's on the AAFB NAF Transit Line -- The F4's were always monsters to be around and the BA's were flyin' them in to NAF when I was there .. though F8's A7's and A6's were pretty cool too .. esp those A6's with gold tinted cockpit canopys.

Back in 68 we thought the Intruder was a high tech all weather marvel. With a Inertial navigation system it toted 22 MK82 bombs plus a center line tank on night missions into the heart of scary places. It was awesome in it's day.

JWilsonphoto

Under the heading of "You can't make this stuff up" we are giving Egypt 20 of our newest version F-16 fighters. Aside from the fact that it is 1.6 billion dollars that we don't have, so we'll borrow it from China. Let's even suspend reality for a moment and forget that the "Arab Spring" is coming unglued at all of it's seams and Morsi wants to declare Marshal Law. Maybe we should, oh I don't know, rethink sending our latest and greatest to countries who even President Obama admits "aren't our allies......." Not our enemies...........but not our allies....." One would think that maybe we should hold off a bit to see if we can prevent our own F/16's from killing our real allies, and, down the road, possibly our guys.

This shouldn't be a left v. right argument, how about some common sense! These people are not our allies, they really barely put up with us, and that just because we're ignorant enough to send them weaponry and billions of dollars. How many times do we have to learn this lesson?

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

gerov wrote:
Beautiful shot Nick. I really appreciate the different tonalities in the landscape and lighting.

Makes me want to find a nice DB-5 and follow that road in either direction.

Gero

Nick,...Yes & Gero Yes...

Al

Wrei
Total Posts: 2186

Jo, I think that is the first photo of that rock without the trail of ants going up and down (people).

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Under the heading of "You can't make this stuff up" we are giving Egypt 20 of our newest version F-16 fighters. Aside from the fact that it is 1.6 billion dollars that we don't have, so we'll borrow it from China. Let's even suspend reality for a moment and forget that the "Arab Spring" is coming unglued at all of it's seams and Morsi wants to declare Marshal Law. Maybe we should, oh I don't know, rethink sending our latest and greatest to countries who even President Obama admits "aren't our allies......." Not our enemies...........but not our allies....." One would think that maybe we should hold off a bit to see if we can prevent our own F/16's from killing our real allies, and, down the road, possibly our guys.

This shouldn't be a left v. right argument, how about some common sense! These people are not our allies, they really barely put up with us, and that just because we're ignorant enough to send them weaponry and billions of dollars. How many times do we have to learn this lesson?

Sounds like they should fit em with remote L/R on/Off switch...thatd work...

Progress report on 1D4 & 70-200....WOW !!....sharp as a tack & cracking AF like a dobermann...just hangs on,...cant wait to get some wings in front of me.
Gave the 300 2.8 a run on the weekend shooting L R from my boat ( glutten for punishment) Wakeboard guys going past...Awsome Lens sharp n fast...Gotta go to the gym & start some weight lifting.
Have a Rodeo planed in a couple of weeks if its not 110 degrees...gettin stinkin hot down here..

Al

Al

futurshox
Total Posts: 2359

Wrei wrote:
Jo, I think that is the first photo of that rock without the trail of ants going up and down (people).

Ha, maybe! There were about twenty ants on top of the Rock.

It certainly was a beautiful day to fly

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Yeah, I feel as if a lot of people on the hill lack this quality....

Also, I saw that the Thunderbirds are going to perform at OSH13? That's pretty cool.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2574

September Fate at the pylons.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1835

Tim Adams wrote:

Tim - All I can say is WOW

david russell
Total Posts: 742

Tim Adams wrote:

I usually think that gliders have about the best lines of anything flying, but that thing gives them a run for their money.

Very nice Tim.

dtw757
Total Posts: 92

Tim Adams wrote:

That's an incredible shot....it looks like a 3D "drawing" by a computer concept graphics modeller.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1483

Great shot tim.

Just a quick one. Took our daughter down to see the CP Holiday Train tonight as it made it's stop in Calgary...it was a little chilly so we didn't last long

Holiday Train by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

JWilsonphoto

What a great shot Steven! I could see shooting a bunch of angles of that subject......if you wouldn't freeze to death.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1483

I would have loved to get a shot without the people in it, but they were crawling all over it, so such is life.

It's a cool train, and all done in support of the food bank.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1835

Ode to Jurgen's (http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/600984/3443#11176721)

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Tim: Jaw dropping color!

Jo: Nicely done, I gotta get back out that way one of these days to be one of the ants hehe

Steven: People, they often get in the shot, but every once in a while you can get them to momentarily move. (or at least get somewhere that can use content aware)

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Trying my hand at a little product lighting. Let me know what ya think

Slug69
Total Posts: 1074

Great shot Tim - amazing photo of something very special. Well done.

JWilson, so is it worse than selling Phoenix Missiles to Iran when they had a harsh and cruel leadership in place? Your industry has to make a buck, so why not subsidize your industry by selling single engine fighters to radicals? Where is the risk in that?

I note that Canada has declined it's options on the JSF. Times are tough.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2359

dtw757 wrote:
That's an incredible shot....it looks like a 3D "drawing" by a computer concept graphics modeller.

That's the first thing I thought, too! Awesome shot, amazing lighting on a very cool looking bird.

1       2       3              3449      
       3451              4253       4254       end