Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3448

1       2       3              3448      
       3450              4395       4396       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7894

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/thunderbirds-to-return-to-dayton-air-show/nTSb5/

The Commemorative Air Force B-29 “FiFi” will perform in Dayton for the first time since 2003, she said. The propeller-engine bomber, based at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, Texas, is the last flying B-29 in the world.

The 2013 preliminary line-up also includes: the North American Aeroshell Acrobatic Team, based in Birmingham, Ala., and flying the AT-6G Texas aircraft; acrobatic pilots Skip Stewart, of Cordova, Tenn., flying the Pitts S-2S biplane; and Melissa Pemberton, based in San Francisco, Calif., piloting the Edge540.

Edit to add TOPP

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16411

That's good news, which means they must have found a sugar daddy for that engine replacement on the 29.

JWilsonphoto

I had a 6TB four drive LaCie array spit a drive out over the weekend. All stock imagery. I have it backed up in two other places, still a pain in the neck. It's been copying since Sunday afternoon and it's telling me it will continue for two more days. I need to get everything hooked up to Thunderbolt.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7894

I'm looking forward to seeing her in the air. Every time they move the air show weekend though, the hot weather follows it...

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That's good news, which means they must have found a sugar daddy for that engine replacement on the 29.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1597

And the T-Birds are going over to Asia for a month in 2013...not all the dates are confirmed yet...but interesting.

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 583

Rusty1 wrote:
Always thought the A4 was the perfect plane for the Blue Angels.

Always liked the Scooter. You captured it beautifully Vance!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

One can never get enough of this great bird

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Blue Angels at Alliance, then Thunderbirds in Houston and San Antonio, that is gonna be a great 3 weekends for Texas.

Gary Sommer
Total Posts: 243

Love that TA-4F, Vance, I was plane captain on one at NMC Pt. Mugu. Spent a lot of hours in the back seat for tests of Shrike missiles and also testing of the Walleye glide bomb out at China Lake. It is a really fun ride, so quick and maneuverable. I flew most of the China Lake missions with a Marine Colonel who's favorite thing was to pop it upside down and dive straight down through a hole in the clouds. He wasn't happy unless he could hear your helmet bounce off of the canopy!

Any way, nice picture.

Gary

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3512

Go4Long wrote:
some interesting stuff from the blue angels 2014 calendar:

1. show at the NAS JRB fort Worth which should be good for an f-35 demo maybe?
2. returning to st George, Utah in July

Honestly, even for the Blues I wouldn't stand out on the tarmac in St. George in July...can you say "110 in the shade"?

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2673

JWilsonphoto wrote:

I don't think they have updated info. They don't have the money yet.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3512

Tim Adams wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

I don't think they have updated info. They don't have the money yet.

Oof. That's likely to be a long shot, I'm afraid.

Tim, lovely light and composition in the gull wings shot.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 795

Hello all, just a small side order for the landscapers corner.
Bobl, you can find the location here on Google Maps:- 55.560791, -1.967765

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1597

stevez wrote:
Go4Long wrote:
some interesting stuff from the blue angels 2014 calendar:

1. show at the NAS JRB fort Worth which should be good for an f-35 demo maybe?
2. returning to st George, Utah in July

Honestly, even for the Blues I wouldn't stand out on the tarmac in St. George in July...can you say "110 in the shade"?

Yeah, I wasn't to sure about that given their proximity to Vegas and Arizona and all that. I do want to get back to St George some day to go see Zion though.

I was more entertaining the idea of going to Fort Worth twice in a year for two different shows...lol. I do really want to see an F-35 fly.

bobl
Total Posts: 2753

Nick,

Got it! Nice place and view. You nailed it, Buddy!!!

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Beautiful shot Nick. I really appreciate the different tonalities in the landscape and lighting.

Makes me want to find a nice DB-5 and follow that road in either direction.

Gero

JWilsonphoto

I thought that I would have heard if the cash had come through for Fi-Fi. My friend Jim Cavanaugh ponied up a mil for the first go around, but I think the current calls might be going to voicemail......

Beautiful landscape Nick!

Thanks for the St. George /July WX report Zim, uh, I'll have to pass on the blast furnace as well.

Steven, just come to Dallas twice. I'll start working on the WX right now. Chances are good that we'll have a 25 at JRB Ft. Worth, and maybe some cool subjects. Chances are 100% we'll have a 25 at AFW, and some cool subjects.

Gearing up for jet engines tomorrow and Friday. Finished my residential architecture shoot. Zim I can't tell you how many times the 17TS has saved my bacon. It's unthinkable that I waited this long to own one. Thanks for the insight and encouragement. I was very tempted by a new 24 TSII that I saw sitting on my Dallas suppliers shelf a few days ago. I probably shouldn't have sold mine. I'm a huge believer in back ups, and currently I have no back up if something went south with the D800's or the 24 PC-E. I should go ahead and pick that one up. If I don't, I'm sure I'll drop the 24 PC-E in a gator infested swamp a week away from any possible Fed-Ex delivery.

Rusty1
Total Posts: 923

Aviationbuff wrote:
Rusty1 wrote:
Always thought the A4 was the perfect plane for the Blue Angels.

Always liked the Scooter. You captured it beautifully Vance!

Thanks Chris, just trying to keep up with the big boys.

Rusty1
Total Posts: 923

Gary Sommer wrote:
Love that TA-4F, Vance, I was plane captain on one at NMC Pt. Mugu. Spent a lot of hours in the back seat for tests of Shrike missiles and also testing of the Walleye glide bomb out at China Lake. It is a really fun ride, so quick and maneuverable. I flew most of the China Lake missions with a Marine Colonel who's favorite thing was to pop it upside down and dive straight down through a hole in the clouds. He wasn't happy unless he could hear your helmet bounce off of the canopy!

Any way, nice picture.

Gary

An A4 could really pull some sharp maneuvers with those big thick Douglas wings. The E model was the latest thing when I was in MAG12. Nice electronic package but engine left a black trail of smoke for the NVA gunners to track.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2447

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I'm sure I'll drop the 24 PC-E in a gator infested swamp a week away from any possible Fed-Ex delivery.

Item #384 for your gear list: Rubber gloves.

Meanwhile.... Friend Doug decided I needed some navigation practise today, so he made me find our way to Enchanted Rock.

1       2       3              3448      
       3450              4395       4396       end