3449              4135       4136       end

Chris Luvara
Total Posts: 138

T-6'n

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2550

Chris Luvara wrote:
T-6'n

Pretty soon you will have half your time in that.

Chris Luvara
Total Posts: 138

No, pretty soon I'll have half my time in this

Photo credits go to my brother..

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 2974

Chris Luvara wrote:
No, pretty soon I'll have half my time in this...

...which does not suck!

gerov
Total Posts: 8639

How 'bout them apples...

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1478

stevez wrote:
Not one to let the grass grow under my feet, the day after our last performance we flew to Hilton Head for a little R&R. Today was a beautiful late fall day and we spent the last of the sunlight at Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge. Not too many birds to be seen (no wonder: we came across some yahoos walking their yellow Lab ahead of us on the trail, ignoring the signs prohibiting pets in the refuge), but a beautiful setting nonetheless.

;( Welcome to NWR photography ...... absolutely typical behavior -- sometimes I've seen them throwing sticks into the ponds for their dog to fetch ...... I realllllly like going to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge in Va - NO PETS ALLOWED - supposedly .. I've observed local . state . or fed agent with thier dog loose --

I'll be the first to say that NWR aren't only for photographers, but seriously folks .. If your going out looking for migrating ducks, American Bald Eagles, Harriers, etc which I do here in MD -- do you really think your going to see anything as you get together in bike tours of 100 or more thru a refuge or hoppin' on the back of your Harley ..... The stuff that really makes me shake my head though are amatuer wildlife photographers and birders, who stop cuz when a person like me has been able to set up on a WD with a 600mm without pressuring the subject, it's normally more than most of these folks have ever seen .... so they pull over kindof -- which is when I really concentrate for the Fly Away shot - and they get out and slam their doors .. which is normally the end of that particular shoot ......... ignorance in most cases, but birders really know better ........................

stevezzzz

cbrandt wrote:
stevez wrote:
Not one to let the grass grow under my feet, the day after our last performance we flew to Hilton Head for a little R&R. Today was a beautiful late fall day and we spent the last of the sunlight at Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge. Not too many birds to be seen (no wonder: we came across some yahoos walking their yellow Lab ahead of us on the trail, ignoring the signs prohibiting pets in the refuge), but a beautiful setting nonetheless.

;( Welcome to NWR photography ...... absolutely typical behavior -- sometimes I've seen them throwing sticks into the ponds for their dog to fetch ...... I realllllly like going to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge in Va - NO PETS ALLOWED - supposedly .. I've observed local . state . or fed agent with thier dog loose --

I'll be the first to say that NWR aren't only for photographers, but seriously folks .. If your going out looking for migrating ducks, American Bald Eagles, Harriers, etc which I do here in MD -- do you really think your going to see anything as you get together in bike tours of 100 or more thru a refuge or hoppin' on the back of your Harley ..... The stuff that really makes me shake my head though are amatuer wildlife photographers and birders, who stop cuz when a person like me has been able to set up on a WD with a 600mm without pressuring the subject, it's normally more than most of these folks have ever seen .... so they pull over kindof -- which is when I really concentrate for the Fly Away shot - and they get out and slam their doors .. which is normally the end of that particular shoot ......... ignorance in most cases, but birders really know better ........................

*sigh*

This is the best I could do yesterday with my 70-200+1.7TC on the D800...I'm no nature photographer, it's clear!

I did see a pair of marine hercs, but they spooked long before I could get close

cbrandt

stevez wrote:
cbrandt wrote:
stevez wrote:

*sigh*

This is the best I could do yesterday with my 70-200+1.7TC on the D800...I'm no nature photographer, it's clear!

I did see a pair of marine hercs, but they spooked long before I could get close

And who wouldn't be happy to capture those images with a 70-200 ?? ...... the 1.7 does pretty well for you ...... didn't work for me or ........... more than likely - I didn't have the technique so I traded it even up for a 1.4 ...... which my 600mm doesn't want to recognize anymore so will send the 6 and 1.4 in to Nikon come January for repair.

I just came in from shooting some eagles .. a wa out even for the 6 as they scavenged a deer which they do so well ...... but like I said, the 6 doesn't want to play with the 1.4 so I didn't take to many photos ..

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2732

Chris - you're my hero!

Rusty1
Total Posts: 818

Always thought the A4 was the perfect plane for the Blue Angels.

cbrandt

Always enjoyed workin' around A4's on the AAFB NAF Transit Line -- The F4's were always monsters to be around and the BA's were flyin' them in to NAF when I was there .. though F8's A7's and A6's were pretty cool too .. esp those A6's with gold tinted cockpit canopys.

stevezzzz

I'll be aboard Trade Wind on the Intra-Coastal Waterway from Charleston to Beaufort, SC later this week. I just looked at the route on the map and we'll be passing by right off MCAS Beaufort in the afternoon. The wind's supposed to be northerly that day, so I'll get to see whatever's being launched passing to starboard. Could be interesting...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1734

stevez wrote:
I'll be aboard Trade Wind on the Intra-Coastal Waterway from Charleston to Beaufort, SC later this week. I just looked at the route on the map and we'll be passing by right off MCAS Beaufort in the afternoon. The wind's supposed to be northerly that day, so I'll get to see whatever's being launched passing to starboard. Could be interesting...

If you want Steve, I can arrange with a Major I know at MCAS Beaufort to target the Trade Wind. He typically flies as weapons and sensors officer with the VMFA(AW)-533 Hawks. Here is an image of him from MCAS Yuma this year just as he spotted my truck while on final. Gratefully it was too late for him to "lock-on" and release any weapons on my position

Seriously, email me and let me know if you are interested - I'll inquire about a "fly by".

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2550

A pair of gullwings.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2732

Uh Jeff, after he buzzes Tradewind can they swing past Georgetown then?

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1734

Tim Adams wrote:
A pair of gullwings.

Absolutely killer image Tim - well conceived and executed

Glenn Watson wrote:

I'm thinking that might be another sortie Glenn

stevezzzz

Glenn Watson wrote:

That'd require some extra-long-range external fuel tanks, Glenn.

Jeff, tell your buddy that we can offer a one-gun salute during an engagem....er, flyby. Would he prefer grape, canister or chain shot?

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

Tim Adams wrote:
A pair of gullwings.

Dare I say it looks like they're about to mate. One wonders what would come from that.......

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1409

some interesting stuff from the blue angels 2014 calendar:

1. show at the NAS JRB fort Worth which should be good for an f-35 demo maybe?
2. returning to st George, Utah in July

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15458

Hi Guys and Gals,

Great work and good job keeping the ball rolling at MA2A. I'm half way through a non-stop week, one more assignment tomorrow and Thursday and I'll have it wrapped up for the week. We finished shooting the King of Jordan's new Airbus 319 late last night. This morning began at about 4 (and 19 degrees!!) getting rolling for a pre-dawn shot and a long day of interiors. Jet engines for the next two days.

Enjoy your sail Zim!

1       2       3              3447      
       3449              4135       4136       end