Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3445

1       2       3              3445      
       3447              4533       4534       end

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

nickjohnson wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Stopped by my eye Dr. this morning for an annual exam. I have been noticing that my right eye (shooting eye) is slightly less sharp than my left. I'm very sensitive to that type of thing as you might expect. My mother had terrible macular degeneration and though everyone, including her doctor, told her at the outset that she needed to knock off the two packs a day because smoking starves the optic nerve of oxygen, she thought that was nonsense and preferred to go blind instead.

My guy is an avid, and very good, amateur photographer. I feel sorry for the people who come in after me because they are sitting in waiting rooms while we discuss all manner of cool imagery. Oh well. Anyway, he ran me through all the diagnostics, laughed and said, "you are correct, your vision has deteriorated to the point that you are only seeing 20/20 through your right eye!" My left is better than that. His suggestion was that I do nothing about it except be very thankful that at 64 I see 20/20 at the worst. I told him that I begin and end every day with prayer, at at the end of those I just say "Thanks God, thanks a lot!", so I think I'm covered.

Your very fortunate Jim. I've been using “windows” since I was 11 – they are a total pain in the proverbial. I tried contacts but I don't make enough tear apparently so they always end up making me feel like I have sand in both eyes.
So here I am one year your junior and I (just about) have 20/20 at best. But only if I use a pair of Mr Zeiss finest, and the light is good, and there's no rain, and ….. Oh, and to anyone reading this who uses specs – do not try Zeiss lenses. I made that mistake in 1973 and I've been feeding that habit every 18 months to 2 years ever since. Oh well.

Until you've had Gasses yu dont know what a pain rain is....

I had eyes like a hawk, untill I went to work for a Bank in 1988, we have those terrible old Phosperous green tiny 8" laptop screens,....I still think thats what done my eyes in...

natures incredible , the human eye works so well,......you kninda take it for granted untill you get glasses,..now i got glasses for reading n inside, prescriptions Sunnies (with readers) for outside....I cant tie a lure on when im in the boat fishin with the Sunnies with readers....

Look after them peepers,....
@Jim, if you "only" get back to 20/20 then you are truly blessed....

Al

Al

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 5366

Hehe, wait until you hit 75

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19275

Awww Tony, you're just a kid!

bobl
Total Posts: 2793

Hehe, wait until you hit 75

Are you speaking from experience??

bobl

My Buddy & I at a Pow Wow this past Saturday...

bobl

My Granddaughter dancing the Women's Traditional

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

I'm trying a Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II lens this week. It is a very interesting tool. The difference in coverage compared to Canon's 16-35 f2.8 L II unreal. Certainly a specialty lens, I'm very impressed with the lack of perspective distortion when you have it perfectly (and I mean perfectly) level. To keep with an aviation theme, here is a photo I took with the 14mm Saturday at LAX. That is a Malaysian Airlines 777ER on final to 24R.

JWilsonphoto

The 14 is an impressive lens Jeff. I bough tone years ago when Canon released the 30d....D30? I got it so that I could shoot some interior work with the new digital, 1.6 sensor.

JWilsonphoto

Thinking about picking the PC 12 up at the factory, wouldn't that be fun?!

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 111

JamesG wrote:
Hi guys,

Slowly plodding through my shots from the last couple of weeks. Decided to have an extended break from work and took my Dad to Legends for a couple of days, then 4 days in Normandy for the D-Day beaches etc followed by 4 days at RIAT. It was his 79th birthday during the break and as my better half decided the trip wasn't for her, it was lads only trip and provided a great chance for us to catch up over a few beers as well as enjoy all the sights.

Quick one from the Saturday @ RIAT:

Cheers

James

That is an awesome capture James. Sounds like a trip I should take soon, before its too late.

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

Jim,

Look out..... Ive just found another supply of Violet crumble bars....

Now about that trip to the Pilatus factory,......Im sure you'l need someone to carry your bags,,........& I already speak Australian,......oops think that should be Austrian...

Al

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

A little evening skyline action here under another perfect Texas sky.

JWilsonphoto

Very nice Brian, and not an easy skyline to portray. You should be able to make a few bucks on that one.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:

I'll volunteer to test out the passenger seating.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3167

Couple of interesting articles in the last couple of days. First is this one, about a Korean War Navy pilot going back to North Korea to try to recover the remains of his wing man, Jesse Brown, the Navy's first black aviator. Jesse went down on the side of a mountain in his Corsair during the Battle of the Chosin Reservoir in 1950.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/30/world/asia/six-decades-after-korean-war-a-second-rescue-attempt.html?pagewanted=1

And the second should be fascinating (and very moving). A daily blog chronicling the attempt to recover the three men on the Grumman Duck that went down in Greenland in 1942 as part of a rescue mission to save the crew of a downed B-17, as told in the book Frozen in Time. They are only on Day 2 of the mission.
http://live.boston.com/Event/Frozen_in_Time_Recovery_mission

Mark

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2456

Jeff W. wrote:
I'm trying a Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II lens this week. It is a very interesting tool. The difference in coverage compared to Canon's 16-35 f2.8 L II unreal. Certainly a specialty lens, I'm very impressed with the lack of perspective distortion when you have it perfectly (and I mean perfectly) level. To keep with an aviation theme, here is a photo I took with the 14mm Saturday at LAX. That is a Malaysian Airlines 777ER on final to 24R.

You could have asked the pilot to move a touch to port
Very impressive!
Niall

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2456

Here are a couple from RIAT as I slowly work through them. (FedEx has got the 500mm F4 to Camberley - I keep looking out the window hopefully!!)
Niall

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2306

bobl wrote:
Well IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!! I have some AMAZING but at the same time shocking news! WE'RE EXPECTING!!!!! A little over 5 months and counting! I know, I'm shocked too. I can hardly believe it myself. I wasn't going to post it here but since you are all are my friends, I wanted to make it official. I'm too overwhelmed to keep it a secret!!! Who would have guessed that Meg & I, of all people, would be expecting!! But we am!! We are expecting Santa in just over 5 months!

Huge congratulations to you both. Lots of love and thoughts from this side of the ocean!

Donald Gray

bobl wrote:
Hey Group!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the little prank... I just LOVE pullin' legs!!!!!!!

Well you got me!...
...I take the 'congratulations' back but you still have our thoughts and love...

Donald Gray

astrobrian wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

I'll volunteer to test out the passenger seating.

I volunteer to be steward and inflight entertainment ...

1       2       3              3445      
       3447              4533       4534       end