Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3438

1       2       3              3438      
       3440              4243       4244       end

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 261

Jay,

Definately the full frame version. Just feel like your going up into the wild blue in that one. The second photo lacks background and the engine which is pulling you on.

Dan

Looks like I'm first this page. Sorry, no aviation photo but working on some stuff from the Purdue - Indiana game couple weeks back. A friend got me press pass to shoot the game from the field, some fun!!! Gosh too much going on to know what to shoot first, and keeping your eye on the ball isn't as easy as it would seem!!!!

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2573

A little bare metal, a little bit of clouds, magic.

Neddie Seagoon
Total Posts: 402

Tim Adams wrote:
Neddie Seagoon wrote:

I did like it. Two of my photos were used.

Serves me right for not looking at the by line... Well done.

So you've met him and you know, Pete's definitely one of the good guys.

Tim Adams

I have talked to him briefly, but listened in on many conversations. He knowledge is amazing.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7550

Jay, to me, #1 says the journey's beginning, #2 says friends. What is that shark fin like shadowy thing here?

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7550

Thanks Bob!

bobl wrote:
Great stuff, Laura!!!

Brian, Enjoying the Apache fuel stop shots, but wondering how long it really takes to fuel Apaches if they're there all day into the night

astrobrian wrote:
A few more edits from the Apache fuel stop.

Ray, that's neat!

Wrei wrote:
Laura, when I was an engine mechanic @ Norton AFB, CA, I worked on 0177 many times. 1970-1972, just before she made that historic flight!

Thanks Jay, means a lot!

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Al: Congrats on the new body! As has been mentioned, a little time with it and it will become an extension of your creative self!

Nice Set Laura!

Oh, and you Texans, the ones with the Apache shots, um, yeah.... Good Stuff!!

Thanks Brian, this C-17 had its last flight this past spring, the engine's coming off permanently. Note the movie cameras on the side

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=19411

astrobrian wrote:
Always had a soft spot for the 141's, nicely done Laura. Unique view on the 17 with an engine off, don't see that every day for sure.

Jay, if things hold Glenn will be getting a "few" more in a day or so TXRotorA2A?

Thanks Al, it wasn't too miserable as far as rain goes, and at least it wasn't 35F/1C and raining, that WOULD be miserable.

Angry wrote:
bobl wrote:
Great stuff, Laura!!!

Make that x 2.....rain might make it uncomfortbale but somethimes adds that something extra moody...

Tim Adams

Artsy PM. We were all so glad Thom got rid of that hideous green paint that used to cover the wings.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15897

The Austin Chapter hard at work....................

JWilsonphoto

The "Eye of the Tiger"............

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

Hi everyone. Still alive here. Though "here" has changed 3 times in the past 6 months. Full update tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. Can't even remember what page we were on before I fell off the grid. Had to have been somewhere around 2500...

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2892

The fruit of our labor..

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

So today, after a morning filled with productive meetings at HQ, I'm setting up for a shot of a BlackHawk conversion on a 200 at KTKI. I look out as this gorgeous new jet touches down and rolls out. The ramp personnel marshal him in and I notice the N number bears the initials of a good friend and client. I decided to walk out on the ramp and have a closer look. Sure enough, all alone in the left seat of his shiny new Phenom 300 is my good friend, grinning from ear to ear.

The air stair dropped down and he jumped out and gave me a big hug. When I met this gentleman, about 8 years ago, he had just taken delivery on a new G36 Bonanza. I ended up shooting it for Pilot Journal. We talked about that and he grinned and said, "Seems like I just keep moving up the ladder.......!" Well after looking over his beautiful Phenom, I concluded that there aren't too many rungs left up that ladder. A few weeks ago he flew it to Santa Rosa CA, the return trip (to deep East Texas) totaled 2.4 hours! Now that's the way to travel. I told him to tuck it in at HQ for the evening so it wouldn't have to sit out in the evening chill.

JWilsonphoto

Welcome back Andrew!

JWilsonphoto

Lady Jo and her mighty Olympus................

JWilsonphoto

JWilsonphoto

I think it's an even match...................

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2892

The march out...

JWilsonphoto

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1475

Hey jim, those Apaches all flew over one of the MotoGP racers' house...I replied to his tweet about it with why they were there, but if you wanted to watermark an image I could tweet it back to him...get us all some brownie points for the MotoGP race :-P

JWilsonphoto

Great idea! I'll email you a couple.

Thanks!!

1       2       3              3438      
       3440              4243       4244       end