Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3437

1       2       3              3437      
3438
       3439              4533       4534       end

stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4085
Country: United States

Stereo pairs, for those who can benefit from them.

Stereo-X pairs for cross-eyed viewing.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4085
Country: United States

nrferguson wrote:
On a totally different note: I was at a course in the City of York last week and took the opportunity to visit the National Railway Museum where, for a short period, there are the remaining six A4 class 4-6-2 Pacific locomotives. Brought together for the 75th anniversary of Mallard's still unbeaten world steam locomotive speed record of 125.88 mph (202.58 km/h). , it involved bringing Dwight D Eisenhower from Wisconsin and Dominion of Canada from Montreal. They will be returning across the Atlantic in March 2014!
Niall


Wow, what a wonderful gathering of the legends of a bygone era. I can't imagine what it cost to ship a steam locomotive across the Atlantic, let alone two steam locomotives, let alone shipping them both back again. Hats off to the organizers...



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2777
Country: United States

No kidding! That must have been a sight worth seeing.



Angry
Registered: Nov 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1216
Country: Australia

stevez wrote:
More lemonade: a little later in the flight, there was a single, 30-second burst of sunlight on the downtown high-rises.


Beautiful light Steve....
You just gotta love it when those dull dreary grey clouds part and...Bingo !!.....that beautiful golden light comes beaming through.......
Just dont stand there admiring it too long ....because its nearly already gone...

Al



Angry
Registered: Nov 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1216
Country: Australia

TOPP...



stevez wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Headed over to Sulphur Springs to spec out a couple of new Legend Cubs. Seems like one should be on amphibs


Jim, at this rate, pretty soon you're going to have to hire someone just to keep your fleet of aerial flivvers exercised and ready for you. Or just invite few of your aviation-minded friends to stop by...any volunteers?


Now lets see,....is this going to be in Alphabetical order.....?
Alan Alexander Anderson,.....that would be me..

Al



Angry
Registered: Nov 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1216
Country: Australia

stevez wrote:
nrferguson wrote:
On a totally different note: I was at a course in the City of York last week and took the opportunity to visit the National Railway Museum where, for a short period, there are the remaining six A4 class 4-6-2 Pacific locomotives. Brought together for the 75th anniversary of Mallard's still unbeaten world steam locomotive speed record of 125.88 mph (202.58 km/h). , it involved bringing Dwight D Eisenhower from Wisconsin and Dominion of Canada from Montreal. They will be returning across the Atlantic in March 2014!
Niall


Wow, what a wonderful gathering of the legends of a bygone era. I can't imagine what it cost to ship a steam locomotive across the Atlantic, let alone two steam locomotives, let alone shipping them both back again. Hats off to the organizers...


gee Nial, you certainly get around....What awsome engineering,....Steam n Steel.....we have a festival coming up at a nearby town that was a bustling Railway town in its day....there will be some steam activities,...makes me want to get the gear out & capture a steamy start up one cold frosty foggy morning....and were having a few of those here lately..



Angry
Registered: Nov 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1216
Country: Australia

Me again guys, As you know im as big a Car fan as Fotog & Warbird fan, in my travels Im heading to LA for a few days & was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for Car places to visit while in LA

Al



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19275
Country: United States

One of my friends at our hangar complex has a car collection (27) maybe I can persuade him to bring out a few of the rarer versions for HQ Thursday. He gets regular Fed-Ex's from Barrett-Jackson.



Karl Witt
Registered: Jul 11, 2007
Total Posts: 34821
Country: United States

Hi folks, always lurking here and enjoying the outstanding images and perspectives that I see here. I frequent our local Lorain County Regional Airport as it is located only about 2 miles from me and just happened in on this plane that was on its way to Oshkosh. I believe that it took off from Columbus OH and made a stop here to refuel.

I was told it was a 1942 something or other which by tail number shows a 1941 Meyers OTW (I don't know what OTW is)?

I found this aircraft absolutely fascinating! Loved the workmanship and machining and the basics. I believe this to be father and son and that lucky youngster has one heck of a view from upfront I will share some images not knowing which ones will be most enjoyed but will post several to take a look at. Wish I had more time to photograph it but spent half the time admiring its rugged beauty!

Thanks for the visit and thanks for all the thrills I get when I view this amazing ongoing thread

Take care...
Karl



Karl Witt
Registered: Jul 11, 2007
Total Posts: 34821
Country: United States

more coming



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19275
Country: United States

Beautiful aircraft Karl! "OTW" is the acronym for "Out To Win". Glad you enjoy the conversation, thanks for contributing!

JW



Karl Witt
Registered: Jul 11, 2007
Total Posts: 34821
Country: United States

that's it!



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19275
Country: United States

Wow! That is an exceptional restoration!



Karl Witt
Registered: Jul 11, 2007
Total Posts: 34821
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Wow! That is an exceptional restoration!



Yes I agree. Seems 'grandpa' put it together little by little. I can't imagine the undertaking it took for this result. It was immaculately detailed and an incredible piece of work to lay eyes on.
I found the layout of that 5cyl engine interesting as to the positioning of the cylinders, three down with two up? I am sure some type of balancing but unique to me.

Karl



DanNehmer
Registered: Nov 26, 2009
Total Posts: 313
Country: United States

Gosh, the weather has sure been serving up some nice light lately. Jeff's storm over Phoenix was awesome. We had a storm come through Monday night and when the sun set broke through afterwards, WOW. This photo is pretty much straight out of the camera, I didn't have to process it very much at all as the sky was just on fire with an awesome show.

Dan



Angry
Registered: Nov 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1216
Country: Australia

JWilsonphoto wrote:
One of my friends at our hangar complex has a car collection (27) maybe I can persuade him to bring out a few of the rarer versions for HQ Thursday. He gets regular Fed-Ex's from Barrett-Jackson.



Drool,...I can see this costing me about 2 cartons of Violet crumble bars....

Al



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

DanNehmer wrote:
Gosh, the weather has sure been serving up some nice light lately. Jeff's storm over Phoenix was awesome. We had a storm come through Monday night and when the sun set broke through afterwards, WOW. This photo is pretty much straight out of the camera, I didn't have to process it very much at all as the sky was just on fire with an awesome show.

Dan


That's gorgeous!

I'm kinda hoping nature might give me some scenes like that over the next couple of days en route to Osh.



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

I go away for one day and I come back to 5 pages of awesome.....great job everyone!



david russell
Registered: Jan 06, 2008
Total Posts: 754
Country: United States

Angry wrote:
Me again guys, As you know im as big a Car fan as Fotog & Warbird fan, in my travels Im heading to LA for a few days & was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for Car places to visit while in LA

Al



Peterson Automotive Museum....you'll be beside yourself in this place...amazing.

Also, take a looks at this: http://golosangeles.about.com/od/thingstodoinlosangeles/tp/LA-Car-Culture.htm



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19275
Country: United States

Beautiful Iowa skyscape Dan!



1       2       3              3437      
3438
       3439              4533       4534       end