Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3436

1       2       3              3436      
       3438              4134       4135       end

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3362

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Good Morning Jan Arie (corrected for the time difference) That's exactly what we said when the first gaggle came into view!

We want you to know we had to brave copious sunshine, beautiful Texas skies and 80 degree temps in order to bring you this imagery. The climatic conditions were only surpassed by the quality of the company in attendance. Oh yeah, and the great burrito's. I need to not plan my days more often................

futurshox wrote:
Such a strain, it was

Yeah Yeah but much appreciated, tomorrow's forecast rain snow sleet going into dry snow in the evening (Boooooo)
And it's evening now over here 22:32 to be precise sooo almost time for bed....... gimme a sec have to find a photo

Oww yeah a early Sinterklaas ( sort of Santa ) present stuck in the chimney of my appartment

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4218

Mustang in 1:32 Scale? Nice!!! Good conversion on the Snowbird shot J-A!

Desert Hare...

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3810

Jan-Arie,
I think about you every time I see a model, especially an old one or one of the old war era type, P51.
One of these days I might be sending you one.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3362

Bill Gass wrote:
Jan-Arie,
I think about you every time I see a model, especially an old one or one of the old war era type, P51.
One of these days I might be sending you one.

A Real one yes Please
Don't have to much time building them but I have four in stock now 3 D's and one K version

Thanks Bill

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4218

Life Is Just The...

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2550

Posted this over on FB also,

For those of you who are EAA members, take a look at the photo on page 62 of the December 2012 issue. It is a photo of T-28's flying top cover over a single C-47. This photo is an insult to aviation photographers everywhere. It looks like the photo was taken with a shutter speed of around 1/1000. The prop on the C-47 is stone cold stopped. What a joke. I know Hightower had fired the photo staff when he took over, but this is pathetic. Maybe now that Rod's butt has been shown the door, some people who actually know something about aviation photography will be hired.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2550

On Friday afternoon, during the Gold heat race, I think I started to smell camera shutters smoking every time these two came by.

Forgot to add, how much difference can a prop make? PM's new props = 64mph gain over 2011.

Angry
Total Posts: 1209

Tim,

This is fantastic....Love your Reno work...

Starting sound like a bucket list job...

Al

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15455

Don't know what is going on with EAA, kind of lost interest when Bonnie and JK left. What I do know is that they hired Paul Bowen and Russ Munson to handle the photography after they canned the Photo/Video Group. Paul and Russ are both talents of note. Two things I knew were likely to happen, it would be impossible for those two guys to handle everything that needed to be done during the event, and even more importantly, it would be a cluster of major proportion and they are both too experienced (read older) and would have zero interest in putting up with the rampant disorganization.

I think what you are seeing is more than likely overflow "volunteer" photography because the good shooters were too covered up to shoot everything, or just too frustrated to give a flip anymore. EAA is getting exactly what it asked for. For the first time since 1970 when Tom Poberezny and I became friends, I am thinking about letting my membership lapse. I may or may not bring a 25 in for assignments in 2013, but I already have all the connections, I need the current EAA like a fish needs a bicycle. They have completely forgotten their roots, Hightower/McClellan? You've got to be kidding me! The fact that they would ever consider such a team to run EAA kind of says it all.

Angry

Woo Hoo....

Looks like Im now a 1D4 owner....just clinched the deal..

Looks like my 7D will be relegated to No2 status..

Cant wait to get my hands on it...

Al

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3810

Congrats Al...Can't wait to see some pix's from it, I'm sure you'll do it justice.

Angry

Thanks Bil,...

But does the term "All the Gaer n No Idea" ring a bell...lol

Daily I look at images posted here by Jim , Jay, Jeff W, JA, Tim , Steve Szabo, Steve Zimm....& a dozen others whos name escape me righ now...

When I see these I take inspiration,....but I dont know if Ill ever be in the same league.....However Im heartened by the support kind words & encouragement each n every one of you guys & girls shows.

What a great corner of the Web.....

Al

astrobrian
Total Posts: 814

Inspiration is half the battle, practice is the other, throw in a pinch of luck here and there and you'll be rockin' that 1D4 in no time Al.

Angry

Anyone have any god ideas on Tutorials for 1D4

Had my 7D pretty well sussed, but this will be something else....

Al

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 2972

Al, thanks for putting me in the same league with the others you named. Just so you know, the dream-like auto stuff you've been posting knocks my socks off. Can't wait to see what you'll do with the 1D4.

Angry

From what Ive seen , theres no reason your work shouldnt be on the list Zimm...great stuff....

Funny on this thread everyone says ,...Ahh shuicks taint nothin mine aint that good,....Love when we got no big egos.....What a thread, what a Team...

Thnks very much for your comment on my "Dream shots",....my 7D will now become my Rigg camera ...Hoping to get a few of these over Summer got some neat ideas to try just need some exciting cars to get organised....

Been chasing the 1D4 mainly for killer AF .......& some of the occaissional 10FPS..

Finding the 7D good but occaissionally the AF drops the ball,

Now Ive bitten the bullet & upgraded the glass dept , in one week Ive found a great deal ona Pre loved Canon 70-200 2.8IS MkII & a 300f2.8 IS,...maybe the AF will a little better anyway...
Never rains then it pours....
Been agonising for some time better fast L glass,... or 1D4.....I had decided Glass..

The yesterday got wind of a pre loved 1D4 in pretty good condition for a good price,....couldnt help my self...

Ah well ,...I could be under a bus tomorrow .....lol

Good night I need my Beauty sleep.....

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15455

Congratulations Al, you'll love it and it will become second nature to you in no time at all. Enough of us have, or have had 1D4's so you can get your tutorial right here at home. Glad you're enjoying our little conversation, we sure enjoy you being a part of it! Looking forward to seeing more great imagery from your new stuff.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7179

+1 Al, and congrats on upgrading both the glass and the body, now go have fun and post some of those wicked shots again.

Angry wrote:
Thanks Bil,...

But does the term "All the Gear n No Idea" ring a bell...lol

Daily I look at images posted here by Jim , Jay, Jeff W, JA, Tim , Steve Szabo, Steve Zimm....& a dozen others whos name escape me righ now...

When I see these I take inspiration,....but I dont know if Ill ever be in the same league.....However Im heartened by the support kind words & encouragement each n every one of you guys & girls shows.

What a great corner of the Web.....

Al

NightOwl Cat

A few from Sunday, dreary overcast and raining, hmmm.. where have I seen that before?

NightOwl Cat

Jimmy Durante must have been the model for this...

1       2       3              3436      
       3438              4134       4135       end