Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3436

1       2       3              3436      
       3438              4531       4532       end

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

stevez wrote:
A day late and a dollar short: last night was the full moon and we had almost perfectly clear skies at sunset, too. But I was at the grocery store, kicking myself, when I spotted the full moon rising over the Taco Bell.

Tonight, Marcia and I made a sunset flight over Denver in the Remos, sans doors. But it was not nearly as nice as last night would have been: hazy, broken clouds, no moon to be seen. But you shoot what's in front of you, so here's my attempt at making lemonade out of some pretty sour lemons.

I really like the A2G of Denver Zim.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Nicely done Steve...

USM IS
Total Posts: 1699

misster wrote:
USM IS wrote:
So real looking for being so small. Craftsmanship! The B-29 has a 13' wingspan, weighs 65# and has electric brakes, powered by four OS 91 engines. The Mustang has a seven foot wingspan! I caught some prop discs and even got a lightning bolt on the T-6, first for me on a little guy. Hope you enjoy the little guy's. The "war used" look on the Mustang and Mitchell are damn fine to me.

Mike

Very good work - I'm impressed !

Thank you very much misster.

Mike

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 986

I got one other nice shot @Yeovilton. This is it.

I'm going to the Scottish National Air Show @East Fortune on Saturday. The line up looks better than last year and the weather is likely to be better. Oh, did I say that? Well I know from last year that I might be shooting into a lot of things but the sun won't be one of them. So hopefully no repeat of the Yeovilton bleach out. Websee.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

nickjohnson wrote:

Wow, Nick! Nice just doesn't cover it...

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19264

Nice work

JWilsonphoto

Headed over to Sulphur Springs to spec out a couple of new Legend Cubs. Seems like one should be on amphibs

stevezzzz

More lemonade: a little later in the flight, there was a single, 30-second burst of sunlight on the downtown high-rises.

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Headed over to Sulphur Springs to spec out a couple of new Legend Cubs. Seems like one should be on amphibs

Jim, at this rate, pretty soon you're going to have to hire someone just to keep your fleet of aerial flivvers exercised and ready for you. Or just invite few of your aviation-minded friends to stop by...any volunteers?

bobl
Total Posts: 2793

Ah Steve...
Great shots on my ole stompin' grounds. The Queen City of the Plains used to be a nice town an' now it's just another big city. However, it still holds a soft spot in my remembryer. Thanks!!!

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 986

stevez wrote:
nickjohnson wrote:

Wow, Nick! Nice just doesn't cover it...

Thank You Sir.
It is a little intimidating around here what with the bar being so high. Still it beats the mediocrity we all have to put up with just about everywhere else.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2449

Through a contact i have got a series of photos of the aftermath of the Asiana crash at San Francisco Ther are over 30 in total which I can send as a pdf to anyone interested offline but here is a taster - to my mind the miracle is that anyone survived!
Niall

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4118

WOW-!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

I don't think that will buff out...

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

Havent seen an Oshkosh rollcall yet - who is going?

Nadya, Jo and I are arriving Sat and departing Thursday.

Glenn

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2449

On a totally different note: I was at a course in the City of York last week and took the opportunity to visit the National Railway Museum where, for a short period, there are the remaining six A4 class 4-6-2 Pacific locomotives. Brought together for the 75th anniversary of Mallard's still unbeaten world steam locomotive speed record of 125.88 mph (202.58 km/h). , it involved bringing Dwight D Eisenhower from Wisconsin and Dominion of Canada from Montreal. They will be returning across the Atlantic in March 2014!
Niall

JWilsonphoto

Zim, those images are beautiful! Seems 30 seconds is plenty for the right shooter

JWilsonphoto

The flying opportunities around HQ are certainly growing exponentially. As always, it was a treat to spend the day with our buddy Darin at Legend. There were a dozen Legends coming to life in the shop and our meeting boosted that a bit.

JR wants a Legend duplicate of his NE-1 for starters, and a Super Legend on Whipline amphibs is in the offing. We'll be headed to Central Florida to spend a weekend getting our seaplane ratings in the early fall. Fortunately all the flying activity will be increasing at the exact time other responsibilities will be winding down, which sounds like a wonderful plan to me.

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
The flying opportunities around HQ are certainly growing exponentially. As always, it was a treat to spend the day with our buddy Darin at Legend. There were a dozen Legends coming to life in the shop and our meeting boosted that a bit.

JR wants a Legend duplicate of his NE-1 for starters, and a Super Legend on Whipline amphibs is in the offing. We'll be headed to Central Florida to spend a weekend getting our seaplane ratings in the early fall. Fortunately all the flying activity will be increasing at the exact time other responsibilities will be winding down, which sounds like a wonderful plan to me.

Going down to Brown's for a little floatplane fun, Jim? On the same airfield, CFI Richard Johnson has an Air Cam on amphibious floats; might as well knock out the AMES rating while you're there. One of the Browns gave me my checkride in the Air Cam, which makes me that rare bird holding the AMES certificate, but not the ASES.

JWilsonphoto

We are going to a place north of Orlando run by two SW pilots. They are using Legends, which I'd prefer to just an old Super Cub. It's closer to our lake down there too so we can stay at the lake house and use the lake for our training. The guys are in Leesburg and our place is on Lake Weir, so not a big hop and there looks to be lots of water in between.

1       2       3              3436      
       3438              4531       4532       end