astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Jello time

Shaggy Wolf
Total Posts: 629

Pretty cool. Almost like The Birds, but with planes

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18961

Thanks Jeff, thanks Brian. I guess 32 years of doing this professionally has taught me a couple of anticipatory skills. Although you'd think I'd learn not to change lenses in 30 knot Texas wind in the middle of a field with a bunch of Apaches swarming around. Time for a few hours of sensor cleaning.

I still think the 1D X sensor, for some reason, has a much greater tendency to become trashed when compared to any of my previous bodies. The worst of it accumulates in the upper left and right corners for some odd reason.

This Guy has it all going on at his home base, and makes it look effortless.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2751

Shaggy Wolf wrote:
Jo,

Tiny lens or not, you nailed it

Thank you Shaggy!

This is why I have the Olympus in the first place... to always have a proper camera on hand when I don't carry the big guns

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Now that Jim and Jo have also weighed in...

WOW!!!

FlyingPhotog

"T'was The Night Before Takeoff..."

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3780

Hi Jo:
Not surprised based on who is operating it, but i'm impressed with that little Olympus. That would really make me question lugging my stuff around in a lot of situations. Very cool!

Glenn

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3780

Jay:
Thats a great looking photo platform for the AZ chapter! Does that radar pickup Apaches?

Glenn

futurshox

Thank you Glenn, very kind!

futurshox

Jay, what did that Bonanza do that was so naughty? And would you want to fly in a naughty aeroplane!?!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Impressed enough by your shots Jo, I think I am gonna pull an old Canon P&S out and see if I should be carrying it in the car with me now You started a trend!

Jay: wow is right, and betting we all still have a few more goodies for the A2A stocking

Jeff: Thanks for that, means a lot

Golf cart 1 signing off

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4053

Phoehaaa what a treat after a loooong day in the rain and crap cool show y'all
Great stuff and indeed Jo cue the Valkery that was also the first what came to mind when i saw the photo'....

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18961

Good Morning Jan Arie (corrected for the time difference) That's exactly what we said when the first gaggle came into view!

We want you to know we had to brave copious sunshine, beautiful Texas skies and 80 degree temps in order to bring you this imagery. The climatic conditions were only surpassed by the quality of the company in attendance. Oh yeah, and the great burrito's. I need to not plan my days more often................

futurshox

Such a strain, it was

Jan-Arie

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Good Morning Jan Arie (corrected for the time difference) That's exactly what we said when the first gaggle came into view!

We want you to know we had to brave copious sunshine, beautiful Texas skies and 80 degree temps in order to bring you this imagery. The climatic conditions were only surpassed by the quality of the company in attendance. Oh yeah, and the great burrito's. I need to not plan my days more often................

futurshox wrote:
Such a strain, it was

Yeah Yeah but much appreciated, tomorrow's forecast rain snow sleet going into dry snow in the evening (Boooooo)
And it's evening now over here 22:32 to be precise sooo almost time for bed....... gimme a sec have to find a photo

Oww yeah a early Sinterklaas ( sort of Santa ) present stuck in the chimney of my appartment

FlyingPhotog

Mustang in 1:32 Scale? Nice!!! Good conversion on the Snowbird shot J-A!

Desert Hare...

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4104

Jan-Arie,
I think about you every time I see a model, especially an old one or one of the old war era type, P51.
One of these days I might be sending you one.

Jan-Arie

Bill Gass wrote:
Jan-Arie,
I think about you every time I see a model, especially an old one or one of the old war era type, P51.
One of these days I might be sending you one.

A Real one yes Please
Don't have to much time building them but I have four in stock now 3 D's and one K version

Thanks Bill

FlyingPhotog

Life Is Just The...

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2852

Posted this over on FB also,

For those of you who are EAA members, take a look at the photo on page 62 of the December 2012 issue. It is a photo of T-28's flying top cover over a single C-47. This photo is an insult to aviation photographers everywhere. It looks like the photo was taken with a shutter speed of around 1/1000. The prop on the C-47 is stone cold stopped. What a joke. I know Hightower had fired the photo staff when he took over, but this is pathetic. Maybe now that Rod's butt has been shown the door, some people who actually know something about aviation photography will be hired.

1       2       3              3435      
       3437              4855       4856       end