Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3432

1       2       3              3432      
       3434              4532       4533       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9312

My first thought was WOW, can you imagine having to clean all those intricate windows??!!?? Lovely building!

jj_glos wrote:

As well as Woodhall which was the home of the 617 squadrons officers mess:

AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9312

Steve, you might have to drive yours down there and give him a demo

stevez wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
"Quite" jj, "Quite"

I'm going with the Quantum of Solace" version. But the roadster is pretty beautiful, just too dang hot in Texas.

Jim, while you're buying four-wheeled toys, you need a Tesla Model S to replace your golf cart at HQ. Tearing up and down the taxiways will never be the same.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

Well, our Towbots are battery powered, and a Bert is battery powered , the rest of the stuff is going burn a little good ol Texas crude.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Angry wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
Angry wrote:
stevez wrote:
Angry wrote:
Heres a couple of images...

Havn't had time to shoot anything decent yet....still running around getting the Registration ready....& its still LHD....

Sharp!
What's wrong with LHD?
Do you get to keep the California plates? They just look right on a car like that...

Nothing wrong with LHD, in Aussie all cars are RHD, LHD just presents a few interesting things, no drive through wthout a passenger for one...
The main one is overtaking trucks on secondary roads,....you definately need a passenger for lookout duties,....
As for the Californian plates, its not allowed,...it will get either full rego with a set of my personal AA plates or historic club roeg , with "Club plates" they are maroon with 6 numbers ,,..no choices...
Lots of little things to get right before its the way I want it.

@ Tim, yep its a clone. I just dont like the look of the overriders on the bumpers.

Al

I actually like the bigger engine. All the Z/28's came with from 67-69 was the 302. You had to wind the crap out of that thing to get it to go. It would fly, but very hard on the valve train. If I ever had the spare money I'd find one and drop the 572 Chevy crate motor in it. I think I'll just keep playing with my 2010 for now though.

Mine got a 330hp 350Ci Crate motor,...im looking at stroking it to 383 with Alloy heads n a little bit bigger cam,....that'll be around 400/430hp....and heaps of torque...

Hope you going to make MA2A reunion Tim,...cars, planes, n Cameras......cant wait...

Al

Unfortunately no. I don't have enough vacation time to do everything I want.

JWilsonphoto

While I'm not holding my breath, this would go a bit toward lessening my ever eroding confidence in Canon's ability to bring new stuff to the shelf...........

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/07/canon-testing-a-75-megapixel-eos-1-body-cr1/

JWilsonphoto

Can you imagine some of our talent here at 75 MP?!! Let's see, that would be roughly a 212MB TIFF, I'm all over that!!

ISO 3200 in the pitch black............

JWilsonphoto

The 1DX really did an unbelievable job capturing Randy's routine, It was dark, dark.

JWilsonphoto

Every one of these captures is tack sharp. When Canon finally does get something to the shelf, it's pretty darn good..........

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

People are already booking hotels and rental cars for Alliance? Guess I better get to it also.

Loving what my D4 helps me do. I'm finding it good at things besides airshows, although they fly too.

Erich

JWilsonphoto

That's an exceptional capture all around Erich! Well done Sir!

JWilsonphoto

What glass were you using for that wonderful image?

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

Jim,
I'll be quite jealous if you get an AM

I remember looking a the website for a place up on Long Island that specialized in exotics like AM and Ferrari back around 2000 and you could get a nice looking DB5, in good condition (not concourse, but that was fine with me) for about $45k. Now you can't even touch one for under $250k. Could 'a should 'a would 'a...

You'll be able to chase all those Gulfstreams on a parallel runway and shoot them from the side

Gero

JWilsonphoto

Ruh Rho!................

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

What lens did you use Jim?

From the CenTex Airshow last May with my 5D, and saved with the 70-200 f:2.8 II: Randy's night afterburner show:

Canon EOS 5D, f/2.8 @ 200 mm, 1/250, ISO 1600

I guess I should have moved the 70-200 over to the 7D after dark.

JWilsonphoto

A pair of Sixes.................

Wrei

Jim, the 'Pair of Sixes' ...WOW! What a capture!

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Eddie Ray! That's a very challenging show to shoot, but now that I've had a little time to sift through the images, I'm pretty happy with the keeper rate. I'm sure Glenn and Jo got some great images too. All in all, we'll give Randy and his marketing team some beautiful stuff. We had a good time, and the efforts were for a very good cause. Come down and shoot with us next year, I think we can find one more "Press" pass.

JWilsonphoto

The MiG17 captures are all with the 1DX/500 combo. Being one who always reaches for the next cutting edge, these images make me wonder what the series II's would do. On the one hand, it's difficult to imagine the images could be more crisp, but then I thought that about my series I 70-200, and the II is just a little bit better than perfect.

Wrei

My dad lived his last years in Maybank, not far from Cedar Creek. I have seen Jo's and Glenn's. I would love to blame the equipment (notice all the luminance noise adjustment in mine), but there's no substitute for the skill you three have. I love that last one for sure.

JWilsonphoto

I was straightening up my gear the other day and I decided that I'd shed some stuff, and update other things. I'm going to sell all my Comet power packs, heads, and accessories and standardize with Elinchrom units. Update the 300 and 500 to series II's, and give the 200-400 a look. I still can't imagine that it's worth the investment for me, given the lenses I have, but I'd like to shoot with it for a few days. Maybe I'll get one from Canon for AFW, then we can all play with it a bit.

1       2       3              3432      
       3434              4532       4533       end