Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3431

1       2       3              3431      
3432
       3433              4854       4855       end

futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2750
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Glenn & Lady Jo,
<snip>
You Guys around tomorrow?


Yup!



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 18955
Country: United States

Great Jo! Want me to call you in the morning? If everything faces east or south, I can knock it out at one sitting. If I run into an east/south, west/ssw combo, then I'll have to go back in the afternoon and shoot as well. Either way, should offer plenty of playtime.



Glenn Watson
Registered: Nov 13, 2007
Total Posts: 3779
Country: United States

assuming you're talking about Monday, i'm around too!



mcbroomf
Registered: Mar 18, 2003
Total Posts: 3484
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Welcome Mike,

That's a Douglas DC-3. It is a great old aircraft with lots of history, and a gigantic hole in the air that you pour copious amounts of cash int, and that's if nothing needs fixing!


Thank you Jim ... substitute water for air and sounds like a boat

Mike



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2750
Country: United States

Sure Jim, call me whenever. I can get there in about 40-50 minutes, depending on traffic.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

MMcGrath wrote:Jay,

any advice on how you are doing this. At the moment I have imported everything into my main LR catalogue and it is a bit messy.

Mark


Cheers Mark,

I have my LR set up such that each year is a different catalog* so in this case it was simply making a new "Aviation 2009" catalog and importing the images from the folder where they live.

(*In each yearly catalog, I create a new folder for each location where I shoot (airport or event) and then have sub folders by date under each location)

The key issue under all of this is to have your ducks in a row as it relates to your file structure. Remember that LR only catalogs files as they exist on your machine at the time they're imported. You can cut/copy/paste all day long in Explorer BEFORE you import anything. However, once files are imported, I strongly urge you to only move images from within LR else you run the risk of having LR lose a location which then means a lot of folder searching and synchronizing from inside LR which is a pain in the posterior.



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2620
Country: United Kingdom

Thanks Jay.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4060
Country: United States

mcbroomf wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Welcome Mike,

That's a Douglas DC-3. It is a great old aircraft with lots of history, and a gigantic hole in the air that you pour copious amounts of cash int, and that's if nothing needs fixing!


Thank you Jim ... substitute water for air and sounds like a boat

Mike


Boats are worse than airplanes! I know: hard to believe. But trust me, I've seen my sister's 1938 wooden ketch and watched in awe as it spent three years in the shed being restored to better-than-new. That ain't cheap.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 18955
Country: United States

Well there's boats........................and then there's BOATS, that's a BOAT!!!!



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 18955
Country: United States

Yes Glenn, tomorrow. How's your day look? I think we should have a board meeting



RobMoser
Registered: Sep 04, 2007
Total Posts: 865
Country: United States

No aircraft today; a nice sunny Texas day for wandering around a different kind of history.

Rob



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2852
Country: United States

This is pushed like crazy in PS and Silver Efex. Kind of looks like a pencil sketch.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12118
Country: United States

Hi guys,

I'm blown away by the images on this thread!

I was wondering if y'all could confirm something for me. My father went in with some friends right after WW2 and bought his plane. My dad was the only one who could fly, so the he would sit in the pilots seat and the other two would sit up front. They bought it on the East coast and flew to California landing in fields at night to rest. My dad was full of stories about this adventure!

My question for you is...to the best of recollection, my dad (long since gone) told me it was a 1932 Waco. Can any of you confirm this?

Thanks for any help.



Tim Adams
Registered: Jan 01, 2004
Total Posts: 2852
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm blown away by the images on this thread!

I was wondering if y'all could confirm something for me. My father went in with some friends right after WW2 and bought his plane. My dad was the only one who could fly, so the he would sit in the pilots seat and the other two would sit up front. They bought it on the East coast and flew to California landing in fields at night to rest. My dad was full of stories about this adventure!

My question for you is...to the best of recollection, my dad (long since gone) told me it was a 1932 Waco. Can any of you confirm this?

Thanks for any help.


According to this website it is, http://www.goldenyears.ukf.net/reg_N40.htm

I just typed the NC # into Google.



Glenn Watson
Registered: Nov 13, 2007
Total Posts: 3779
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Yes Glenn, tomorrow. How's your day look? I think we should have a board meeting


I just wiped my schedule clear.

It was easy, there was nothing on it!

Glenn


TOPP:

my NIK suite activation photo - (ran it through each one just to enter activation codes)



Glenn



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Glenn Watson wrote:

TOPP:

my NIK suite activation photo - (ran it through each one just to enter activation codes)

Glenn


Looks like someone was playing around GTU



Glenn Watson
Registered: Nov 13, 2007
Total Posts: 3779
Country: United States

Hey Brian:
not sure what you're doing tomorrow (or anybody else near GTU) the airport is expecting 16 Apache's at approx 10am.

Glenn



Go4Long
Registered: Sep 04, 2005
Total Posts: 1976
Country: Canada

Has anyone ever gone to the Seafair Airshow in Seattle?

I'm starting to look at booking vacation time and everything for next year and the Seafair show is the week before Abbotsford, so I could make a good trip out of that me thinks...just wondering if it's worth it...



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12118
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm blown away by the images on this thread!

I was wondering if y'all could confirm something for me. My father went in with some friends right after WW2 and bought his plane. My dad was the only one who could fly, so the he would sit in the pilots seat and the other two would sit up front. They bought it on the East coast and flew to California landing in fields at night to rest. My dad was full of stories about this adventure!

My question for you is...to the best of recollection, my dad (long since gone) told me it was a 1932 Waco. Can any of you confirm this?

Thanks for any help.

Tim Adams wrote:
According to this website it is, http://www.goldenyears.ukf.net/reg_N40.htm

I just typed the NC # into Google.

Thanks Tim!



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hey Brian:
not sure what you're doing tomorrow (or anybody else near GTU) the airport is expecting 16 Apache's at approx 10am.

Glenn

I've got an interview from 9-10 but will be heading that way right after if I get out a little early Thanks for the tip



1       2       3              3431      
3432
       3433              4854       4855       end