Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3430

1       2       3              3430      
3431
       3432              4532       4533       end

JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19267
Country: United States

Just solved the speaker problem. Onkyo Tech tells me that one cannot play digital devices through the last available zone (2) on the a/v receiver. The input must be analog through rca jacks.Given that info, it is seemingly impossible to play an iPod/iPad/iPhone through to those speakers. Difficult to believe, but it must be the case.



msalvetti
Registered: Dec 20, 2003
Total Posts: 3167
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:

I might have my (non-working) ride in October when you come. Think "Bond.....James Bond"


Jim,

I'm more of a car guy than an airplane guy - does this mean you have an Aston Martin DB5 tucked away somewhere? Drool......

Mark



nickjohnson
Registered: Sep 15, 2009
Total Posts: 988
Country: United Kingdom

msalvetti wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

I might have my (non-working) ride in October when you come. Think "Bond.....James Bond"


Jim,

I'm more of a car guy than an airplane guy - does this mean you have an Aston Martin DB5 tucked away somewhere? Drool......

Mark



.. or a large box of bits that turns out to be a blower Bentley



MarkB
Registered: Nov 02, 2002
Total Posts: 26
Country: United Kingdom

Airbus Military A400M Atlas





nrferguson
Registered: Apr 20, 2004
Total Posts: 2451
Country: United Kingdom

Snap!!!



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 3007
Country: United States

msalvetti wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

I might have my (non-working) ride in October when you come. Think "Bond.....James Bond"


Jim,

I'm more of a car guy than an airplane guy - does this mean you have an Aston Martin DB5 tucked away somewhere? Drool......

Mark


Bond did drive a Toyota in one movie...







Leviathor
Registered: Dec 20, 2005
Total Posts: 199
Country: United States

pburke wrote:
msalvetti wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

I might have my (non-working) ride in October when you come. Think "Bond.....James Bond"


Jim,

I'm more of a car guy than an airplane guy - does this mean you have an Aston Martin DB5 tucked away somewhere? Drool......

Mark


Bond did drive a Toyota in one movie...



And a '71 Mustang Mach 1 in Diamond Are Forever!



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19267
Country: United States

Naaaa, vintage is great, but if I pull the trigger it will be the one on the right................



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4084
Country: United States

I'd like to welcome a budding talent to the list by publishing her first air-to-air, this shot of papa Rodolfo flying with fellow-MA2Aer David Russell in the 2-32 over the foothills west of Boulder, at 12,500'.

Anya and I chased Rodolfo and David in the Remos (with the doors off, of course!) and tucked into a thermal outside and above them, at 12,500'. I handed Anya my D-800 and with two sentences of instruction, this is what she squeezed off.

Everyone, please welcome Anya Paiz.



jj_glos
Registered: Apr 11, 2010
Total Posts: 1341
Country: United Kingdom

Hmmm, choices choices...


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4096
Country: Netherlands

How cool is that way to go Anya



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4084
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just solved the speaker problem. Onkyo Tech tells me that one cannot play digital devices through the last available zone (2) on the a/v receiver. The input must be analog through rca jacks.Given that info, it is seemingly impossible to play an iPod/iPad/iPhone through to those speakers. Difficult to believe, but it must be the case.


I know, I know! Pick me!

I have solved that particular dilemma before, Jim. What you have to do is buy an Airport Express and cable its analog output to the a/v receiver's input. On your iDevice, select AirPlay and connect wirelessly to the Airport Express, and Bob's your uncle.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19267
Country: United States

"Quite" jj, "Quite"

I'm going with the Quantum of Solace" version. But the roadster is pretty beautiful, just too dang hot in Texas.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4084
Country: United States

jj_glos wrote:
Hmmm, choices choices...


Oooh, shiny! Me like shiny.

[would somebody please deacronymize BBMF and AMOC for me?]



jj_glos
Registered: Apr 11, 2010
Total Posts: 1341
Country: United Kingdom

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, and Aston Martin Owners Club

I'd love to say I was in the AMOC, but I travelled down as a guest with my wife's cousin (who is). Cracking day out!



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2777
Country: United States

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. And I'm guessing Aston Martin Owners Club.
Edit: Too slow ;-)
Where was that little gathering held? (If you say Staverton, my Dad will probably explode. He lives in Brockworth and every birthday he wants an Aston Martin and/or a Spitfire. I sent him the link to your Flickr ;-)


And yes; super shiny!



jj_glos
Registered: Apr 11, 2010
Total Posts: 1341
Country: United Kingdom

When a car is this cool, do you need the roof down or aircon?


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr



jj_glos
Registered: Apr 11, 2010
Total Posts: 1341
Country: United Kingdom

futurshox wrote:
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. And I'm guessing Aston Martin Owners Club.
Edit: Too slow ;-)
Where was that little gathering held? (If you say Staverton, my Dad will probably explode. He lives in Brockworth and every birthday he wants an Aston Martin and/or a Spitfire. I sent him the link to your Flickr ;-)


And yes; super shiny!


I do live in Gloucester but sadly no not Staverton. It was at RAF Coningsby which is the home of the BBMF as well as an operational Typhoon and Tornado GR4 base. Sadly no jet action when I was there though.

RAF Coningsby is well worth a visit, there is a nice little museum as well as informative tours through the BBMF hangar:


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr

A little way down the road you can also visit the memorial:


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr

As well as Woodhall which was the home of the 617 squadrons officers mess:


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr


AMOC BBMF by jj_glos, on Flickr



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2777
Country: United States

Well, it would have been noisy with all those car alarms going off... ;-)



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4084
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
"Quite" jj, "Quite"

I'm going with the Quantum of Solace" version. But the roadster is pretty beautiful, just too dang hot in Texas.


Jim, while you're buying four-wheeled toys, you need a Tesla Model S to replace your golf cart at HQ. Tearing up and down the taxiways will never be the same.



1       2       3              3430      
3431
       3432              4532       4533       end