Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3421

1       2       3              3421      
       3423              4532       4533       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19268

Welcome Liz! Beautiful image of a beautiful aircraft!!

J_Glowacki
Total Posts: 309

Well we all know the airshow season was a bust this year but for those in south east MASS who are jonesing for a small fix this may be enough to scratch that itch for now.......... just came across this from Mike Goulian.

http://mikegoulian.com/latest/news-category/pym-airshow

Sounds like a nice intimate affair for those who wish to crane their necks this summer.....

JWilsonphoto

Good Morning Everyone!

I have no idea how this all might unfold, but it's fun to think about. We'll see. As usual, God's in complete control and His plans are always bigger and different from mine. I'm very content to stand with my hands in my pockets until He directs my path re: all of this. "Weebeesee!"

One thing that I can tell you is, one's thought processes change. For the past 32 years my default thought process has been, "how does this or that create business opportunities?" Everything I shoot, people that I am introduced to, situations that arise, I've made a habit out of thinking about how they relate to growing my business. Those are good habits and they have served me well, but for the moment, it's kind of nice to fly over a new construction project and not immediately default to "shoot it, process it, figure out who they are, how to contact them, do they already have a photographer? If so, how do I convince them that they aren't all that excited about their current supplier of imagery? That's the kind of thought process one must have, in any line of work, but especially the uber competitive field of commercial photography, to keep the pipeline full. It takes a lot of time and energy, might be kind of nice to ratchet that back just a bit and "breathe".

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Well Jim, if you have to stop and take a breath, that photo looks like a great location to 'stop and smell the roses' so to speak.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Well Hiya Liz!

Nice opening salvo!

Lurking for three years and then hits us with that, talk about good things come to those who wait.

Edit TOPP: Nothing like knowing a local Congressman is flying in an airshow

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3167

J_Glowacki wrote:
Well we all know the airshow season was a bust this year but for those in south east MASS who are jonesing for a small fix this may be enough to scratch that itch for now.......... just came across this from Mike Goulian.

http://mikegoulian.com/latest/news-category/pym-airshow

Sounds like a nice intimate affair for those who wish to crane their necks this summer.....

Thanks! I might actually try for that. And it's a Saturday, so no Cape traffic driving home!

Mark

JWilsonphoto

Hi Eddie Ray,

A bucholic scene for sure. We had a great day together. I can 't begin to tell you how much I enjoy spending time with you all. Even a simple shoot and a breakfast at Mickey D's is a pleasure when it's with one of you. I look forward to more of it

astrobrian

More Aeroshell...

ImperfectSense
Total Posts: 10

Thanks guys, I can't thank Historic Flight enough for the opportunities to shoot such beautiful aircraft.

USM IS
Total Posts: 1699

ImperfectSense wrote:
Historic Flight Foundation's F7F Tigercat over the Southern Idaho Warbird Festival in Grangeville, ID.

'Bad Kitty' by Liz Matzelle

Nice Kitty!

Mike

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Glenn, love that last dreamy light air-air.
Brian, awesome evening show shots!

Erich

JDE1
Total Posts: 27

For Sale, maybe?

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

From the Gathering of Eagles airshow at Lost Nation airport in Ohio on Sunday. The proceeds of the show went to helping fund the B-29 Doc restoration to flight worthy status. The B-17 Sentimental Journey, B-25s Panchito and Yankee Warrior were fairly busy doing ride flights. Unfortunately, Journey didn't do a photo pass. She did however do a number of bomb runs on the airfield.

Erich

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Welcome Liz great photo

The Horseman Flying Spitfire's Mk Vb

astrobrian

Nice Spits J-A

Jan-Arie

Thanks Brian

TR Mk IX

JWilsonphoto

Does anyone know where this Spit is based. We have a partner whose Dad flew it in WWII and we want to find it, and or find one and restore it in his Dad's scheme. I know the brain trust can find it. It's in the UK I believe.........

ImperfectSense
Total Posts: 10

Looks like the BBMF LF.IXc MK356, it now wears a silver paint job and the designation UF-Q.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/theaircraft/spitfiremk356.cfm

http://www.deroeck.co.uk/planes/Spitfire-Mk-IX-21V-01.html

Jan-Arie

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Does anyone know where this Spit is based. We have a partner whose Dad flew it in WWII and we want to find it, and or find one and restore it in his Dad's scheme. I know the brain trust can find it. It's in the UK I believe.........

Liz is right Jim.
Spitfire MK356 (Mk LFIXe) is flying with the BBMF

Here is one from the files 2004
The BBMF is stationed at RAF Coningsby

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2306

Tears come to my eyes when I see Spitfires. They remind me so much of the Battle of Britain. I am so, so grateful to those young pilots who went in against the odds and kept my country free of the tyranny of nazis.

Thank you Jan-Arie

1       2       3              3421      
       3423              4532       4533       end