Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3417

1       2       3              3417      
       3419              4855       4856       end

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3780

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Too bad he lost his taste for sharing his work on FM. I find myself wondering what the motivation is for ruining a guy's posts, or a thread? We've had a few here, haven't we, but they don't last long. Why would you spend valuable time trying to wreck something that other people are enjoying? Gotta be envy, frustration borne from the fact that that person can't begin to produce imagery like the work they are attacking? I don't get it.

You dont have to venture too far outside of MA2A to see how common that sort of behavior is. Its almost like there is a few classrooms full of middle school boys who are tasked with ruining as many threads as possible during the school day. (sorta like the comments section at the bottom of youtube videos). I guess its the annoynimity (sp?) of hiding behind the keyboard that promotes "little" people to talk big. i hate it.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Glenn and Lady Jo, might be back in AUS this next week for a day or so, are you around?

I'm in NYC returning thursday at noon with a small chance of coming back wednesday. If any of your plans end up fitting that count me in.

Glenn

Wrei
Total Posts: 2913

I have heard new experts saying tryptophan doesn't cause sleepiness. Whatever, next time I will do the family photo before dinner.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2751

Wrei, your family photos are always great

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18962

Will do Glenn. Enjoy your trip!

That's hilarious Wrei!

bobl
Total Posts: 2785

Wrei,

Whatever, next time I will do the family photo before dinner.

WHY?? This is a GREAT SHOT!!! However, there is a very small nit... the light switch kinda bugs me.

Leo Hursh
Total Posts: 1651

Jim, the 1Dx only has a USB 2.0 port, so the transfer "may" tie up the camera body for a bit while you move the images to the computer. The D800 does have a USB 3.0 port, so transfer times would be better. I think your best bet "may" be to use dual cards for redundancy, if you don't already.

None of my bodies have dual slots, so I don't have any personal experience with what I'm suggesting, so take it for what it's worth.

Leo Hursh

bobl wrote:
Wrei,

Whatever, next time I will do the family photo before dinner.

WHY?? This is a GREAT SHOT!!! However, there is a very small nit... the light switch kinda bugs me.

Hey Wrei, I fixed it for you! Is this more to your liking Bob?

bobl

Great job, Leo!!! A CUCKOO clock... what a hoot!!!!

Wrei
Total Posts: 2913

Leo...

bobl

YUP!! I'm VERY thankful for the MA2A 'family'!!

Leo Hursh

bobl wrote:
YUP!! I'm VERY thankful for the MA2A 'family'!!

Me too Bob!

JWilsonphoto

And the MA2A family is thankful for you Guys.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2621

Mark Rebilas work is great. I believe he's based down in Jay & Jeff's neck of the woods.

He's ex USN & has some great stuff from his time on the Stennis on his website. There was also a blog he did about sticking a D700 on the tail of a Cherokee and shooting timelapse - now you would just use a Go-pro.

JWilsonphoto

Glenn Watson wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Too bad he lost his taste for sharing his work on FM. I find myself wondering what the motivation is for ruining a guy's posts, or a thread? We've had a few here, haven't we, but they don't last long. Why would you spend valuable time trying to wreck something that other people are enjoying? Gotta be envy, frustration borne from the fact that that person can't begin to produce imagery like the work they are attacking? I don't get it.

You dont have to venture too far outside of MA2A to see how common that sort of behavior is. Its almost like there is a few classrooms full of middle school boys who are tasked with ruining as many threads as possible during the school day. (sorta like the comments section at the bottom of youtube videos). I guess its the annoynimity (sp?) of hiding behind the keyboard that promotes "little" people to talk big. i hate it.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Glenn and Lady Jo, might be back in AUS this next week for a day or so, are you around?

I'm in NYC returning thursday at noon with a small chance of coming back wednesday. If any of your plans end up fitting that count me in.

Glenn

A sad, but accurate depiction of what lurks out there in our midst. That YouTube reference is so right, have you ever googled something simple for one of your kids, like "Dora", or Barney? I'm glad they can't read! Just disgusting. The really sad part is that those comments are being seen by our children and grandchildren who are older and can read. What must they think? It's one thing for us to deal with it as adults (bad enough though), but it's a whole different deal to have our precious little ones exposed to that garbage.

MMcGrath

Jim,

You need to find a way of downloading straight to a 1tB portable NAS via the 1DX Ethernet out port.

MMcGrath

2x Olympic track cycling gold medallist Ed Clancy

Leo Hursh

Nice cycling shot Mark! Great composition.

Leo Hursh

Here is a link to Mark's blog post about his aircraft carrier shoot back in 2004.

http://markjrebilas.com/blog/?p=5105

Rusty1
Total Posts: 979

Leo Hursh wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!

Leo always enjoy your work.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4053

Cool shot Mark i like it

1       2       3              3417      
       3419              4855       4856       end