/forum/topic/600984/3415

1       2       3              3415      
       3417              4308       4309       end

Leo Hursh
Total Posts: 1608

Incoming....

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

My vote, for favorite, too. There looks like there was a lot of set-up work, invoved . I would expect no less, from Mr Wilson.

Tom

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4502

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Gero. One of my favorite images of all time. I'm trying to decide what paper surface to print it on.

Metal...

Not just "metallic" but on actual metal...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3562

This is a photo that I would like to share it's not mine I came by it on the Internet in the Public Domain.
This photo has everything I like subject and color wise.

If this is not allowed could you let me know
to bad no exif is present.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2621

Some great video from the Rod Lewis camp of Reno.

http://vimeo.com/53166158

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Leo Hursh wrote:
Yesterday I took my son, Skyler and my nephew to the Strategic Air and Space Museum outside of Omaha, NE. A fun time was had by all. The museum is tough from a photographic perspective with all the displays packed tightly together, but it was a lot of fun seeing many aircraft that I've only seen in pictures since I was a kid.

Just what was kelly Johnson smoking way back in '58 to come up with that design
Sheer genius...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3370

Leo Hursh wrote:
Yesterday I took my son, Skyler and my nephew to the Strategic Air and Space Museum outside of Omaha, NE. A fun time was had by all. The museum is tough from a photographic perspective with all the displays packed tightly together, but it was a lot of fun seeing many aircraft that I've only seen in pictures since I was a kid.

Looks like a good day with the boys, Leo. I haven't seen that museum since it was housed on base at Offut.

Anybody know what the bulges in the SR-71's chines, just aft of the nose probe, are for? Airflow modification, maybe, or to house sensors?

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3370

Leo Hursh wrote:
Steve, I really enjoy the landscape shots you add to our home here. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

You're very welcome, Leo. When I don't have airplanes to shoot I still like to share what I've been up to here, among friends.

Holy cow, is that a B-36? And did they get that monster indoors?!

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7702

Doesn't look too big in this shot:

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=360

And thanks for all those views of Colorado, and Santa Fe. I'm guessing your car handled the Raton Pass a little better than the 1974 Chevy Vega we did it with... thought I was going to have to get out and push it up at one point...

stevez wrote:
Leo Hursh wrote:
Steve, I really enjoy the landscape shots you add to our home here. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

You're very welcome, Leo. When I don't have airplanes to shoot I still like to share what I've been up to here, among friends.

Holy cow, is that a B-36? And did they get that monster indoors?!

USM IS
Total Posts: 1246

Oh Leo, you have been to my favorite place! Only in this country could you walk into a building and be greeted by the fastest plane in the world! And at such a sexy angle!........Mike

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7702

Still one of my most favorite planes, glad I got to see it take off once.

Leo Hursh wrote:
Incoming....

Leo Hursh

@ Angry, I'm not sure what it was, but it was doing the job! To think that they went from paper to flying example in 4 years on an aircraft that is at the top of the food-chain is amazing!

@ Steve, it was a great day with the boys. I don't know exactly what the bulges are for, but a bit of research would suggest that they housed ELINT sensors or cameras. Yes, they had the B-36 parked behind and to the side of the B-52 and the B-17. It is amazing how many aircraft (both large and small) packed into those buildings!

@ Mike, you aint kidding! We walked through the front doors and both boys jaws hit the floors. They just walked over and looked at the aircraft for several minutes, pointing and making comments about the various features of the airplane.

@ Larua, I would've enjoyed getting to witness that!

Leo Hursh

One of the newest additions to the museum....

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2621

Some of the other classes from Reno. I hate to crop stuff, except to level the horizon, but this is cropped since it was so far to the left side of the frame.

mikegeng
Total Posts: 334

MMcGrath wrote:

Mike,

Most of my thru the fence shooting is of a/c on the move, and I predominantly use back button focus. How would your technique help me with this?

Mark

Mark, I use back button focus too. For shooting up in the sky, not sure it would apply, but it may apply to an aircraft taxiiing behind some fencing you are standing near. With long lenses I am sure you know the depth of field can be very shallow. You can literally be right up behind some chain link fencing, or trees with leaves, and pan right through them, or at times, even shoot a still and the lens won't even pick up the chain link. I like to do this with no autofocusing enabled and by pre-focusing on a spot on the track and then essentially turning AF off. The below example is through foliage much denser than what appears in the frame (I wanted some edging of the leaves here) and had a bunch right in front of the lens that don't even appear. This shot is out of camera and not dolled up at all, just something that was close to what I was describing. Again, I wanting some leaves in this for effect. Apologies if most already know this...just thought a casual walker by on the thread could learn something.

Happy Thanksgiving for those in the USA.

mikegeng
Total Posts: 334

Tim, love that last one...the plane itself, the light hitting the panel/cockpit. Very nice.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Had a little fun hanging out catching all the holiday travelers. Traffic was wild getting to the shooting spot though

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16104

Jan-Arie wrote:
This is a photo that I would like to share it's not mine I came by it on the Internet in the Public Domain.
This photo has everything I like subject and color wise.

If this is not allowed could you let me know
to bad no exif is present.

That is a nice image Jan Arie. Wild guess at exif......1/500 at f/11, iso 400. Don't ask me why, just seems about right.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2986

Texan from Texas..

Glenn

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

With all the talk about the honor flights a few pages back figured out of today's shots, one for Southwest seemed appropriate. Nothing too fancy, but if you guys have any pointers, fire away. One never stops learning.

1       2       3              3415      
       3417              4308       4309       end