Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3410

1       2       3              3410      
       3412              4240       4241       end

bobl
Total Posts: 2747

J-A, Nick & Jim,

Not to worry. The hatches are battened and snuggles are happening. We had a big blow a few years ago and had to replace the roof. We did that with a heavy duty jobber so I'm expecting anything exciting. Several years ago we lost the tree and deck in the back yard, so during this blow we're just snugglin' and listenin' to all the blowin' and goin'. The surf is really churnin' around so's it would make some great views, however...

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3836

Tim Adams wrote:
Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
For F1, the credentials you need are the ones that give access to the pit lane all times and the grid. Most of the folk that have these are part of the travelling circus that is F1, and shoot every race plus pre-season testing.

Tim Adams wrote:
That's the gig I want.

So send them a portfolio of your most highly awesomest images of airplanes and cars, and see if they'll hire you. Never hurts to ask. A guy with your images at the very least is going to get considered, not just disregarded.

Yes, but I can't follow the circuit all over the world though. Making boxes pays the bills.

What kinda boxes ?

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3836

Aviationbuff wrote:
A couple more shots from the 2012 NAS Pensacola Blue Angels Homecoming Airshow

BAD ASS !

astrobrian
Total Posts: 820

Hearing that there will be a ceremony in Yuma MCAS for the new F-35B Sqdn. Anyone able to cover that tomorrow?

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Tim Adams wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
For F1, the credentials you need are the ones that give access to the pit lane all times and the grid. Most of the folk that have these are part of the travelling circus that is F1, and shoot every race plus pre-season testing.

That's the gig I want.

X2.....

Angry

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:

Tim Adams wrote:
That's the gig I want.

So send them a portfolio of your most highly awesomest images of airplanes and cars, and see if they'll hire you. Never hurts to ask. A guy with your images at the very least is going to get considered, not just disregarded.

I think the same Tim,...your Car stuff especially will interest them.

Although, I think also one of the main opaints to be credentialled is that you be published in car/racing mags...

Al

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2572

Bill Gass wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:

Tim Adams wrote:
That's the gig I want.

Yes, but I can't follow the circuit all over the world though. Making boxes pays the bills.

What kinda boxes ?

Corrugated boxes, for Packaging Corporation of America.

http://www.packagingcorp.com/pages/location/48.php?lid=8

J Mosher
Total Posts: 160

astrobrian wrote:
Hearing that there will be a ceremony in Yuma MCAS for the new F-35B Sqdn. Anyone able to cover that tomorrow?

Saw a 3 ship on the flight tracker heading to Yuma. Saw on The Dew Line that they made it. Now hoping 1 or 2 make it to El Centro in March.

JM

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15890

ironhide wrote:
Jim,
You must have great friends if you can access F1 credentials just by talking to friends Anywhere I've read about becoming a photographer with F1 is as hard as getting to the moon.

I would love to meet up with everyone from here in April for the MotoGP race. Should be warmer than it was this weekend for sure. Chilly around 6 am in the parking lots and baking under the sun mid-day. The circuit still is a bit rough around the edges but should be in far better shape next year in my view.

Mr Go4Long, MotoGP at Austin is on 19/20 April ( tickets - http://t.co/wJrJdmDi)

Sometimes the influence my clients/friends have boggles my mind. I try not to grin in amazement, because one supposed to take it as the normal course of a day's events, it's not cool to chuckle, on the outside. Still, it's pretty difficult to keep a nonchalant demeanor when you're in Dallas in the morning and shooting in places like the Oval Office, the Supreme Court chambers or a Fortune 100 board room a few hours later. The abject terror and adrenaline associated with the task at hand helps to keep you grounded though. I rarely, very rarely, avail myself of my client's generosity, but I know it's always there and it means a great deal that we have the kind of relationships we do. Whether this credential thing comes to fruition or not really isn't as important as the fact that a very busy, extremely successful client dropped what he was doing and got excited about doing something for a friend.

Angry

JWilsonphoto wrote:
ironhide wrote:
Jim,
You must have great friends if you can access F1 credentials just by talking to friends Anywhere I've read about becoming a photographer with F1 is as hard as getting to the moon.

I would love to meet up with everyone from here in April for the MotoGP race. Should be warmer than it was this weekend for sure. Chilly around 6 am in the parking lots and baking under the sun mid-day. The circuit still is a bit rough around the edges but should be in far better shape next year in my view.

Mr Go4Long, MotoGP at Austin is on 19/20 April ( tickets - http://t.co/wJrJdmDi)

Sometimes the influence my clients/friends have boggles my mind. I try not to grin in amazement, because one supposed to take it as the normal course of a day's events, it's not cool to chuckle, on the outside. Still, it's pretty difficult to keep a nonchalant demeanor when you're in Dallas in the morning and shooting in places like the Oval Office, the Supreme Court chambers or a Fortune 100 board room a few hours later. The abject terror and adrenaline associated with the task at hand helps to keep you grounded though. I rarely, very rarely, avail myself of my client's generosity, but I know it's always there and it means a great deal that we have the kind of relationships we do. Whether this credential thing comes to fruition or not really isn't as important as the fact that a very busy, extremely successful client dropped what he was doing and got excited about doing something for a friend.

And ya gotta love that....good clients are great , great clients even better,...Clients who want to give something back,...even better again !!..

Al

astrobrian

That defines what a true friend is Jim, perfect

astrobrian

For those in the Austin area, I sent a note to the COTA folks seeing about use of that tower when nothing is going on at the track. A friend of mine had the idea of using it for a skyline at sunrise shot, and if the distance doesn't prove too far, there might be a couple goodies there. I'll let ya know if that is something that will be open or not.

JWilsonphoto

I caught a glimpse of downtown from an overpass or a hill on 130 the night I drove home. I think the distance will give you a bit of a challenge, but you never know until you try.

JWilsonphoto

I love surprising my clients with what I capture, but it's especially satisfying to have a client who has the world at his fingertips, literally, break out into a big smile when he's working with you, because he's having such a good time, and knows that we've gotten jaw dropping imagery....................

JWilsonphoto

BTW, that image is not cropped! Those Boys like to snuggle right up

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2889

ironhide wrote:

Very Very Expensive Around $15K or so - http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/rv-spots-for-f1-race-weekend-going-for-top-dolla-1/nRqRc/

$15k eh? So JW you pickup the RV parking space and i'll cover the hot dogs!

Shaggy Wolf
Total Posts: 629

JWilsonphoto wrote:
ironhide wrote:
Jim,

I gotta buy myself some camera gear like you have, so that I can take pictures like you and get these gigs

.....whatya mean that won't help?

Wrei
Total Posts: 2176

Glenn, careful, the hamburger buffet in the grandstand was $20.00, but it included a glass of water, not bottled water, a glass of water.

JWilsonphoto

Shaggy Wolf wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
ironhide wrote:
Jim,

I gotta buy myself some camera gear like you have, so that I can take pictures like you and get these gigs

.....whatya mean that won't help?

Did I say that out loud Shaggy?

JWilsonphoto

Glenn Watson wrote:
ironhide wrote:

Very Very Expensive Around $15K or so - http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/rv-spots-for-f1-race-weekend-going-for-top-dolla-1/nRqRc/

$15k eh? So JW you pickup the RV parking space and i'll cover the hot dogs!

Careful Glenn, you have no idea how many hot dogs I can pack away when I'm walking all over heck's half acre for three or four days, schlepping long lenses.

1       2       3              3410      
       3412              4240       4241       end