Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3409

1       2       3              3409      
       3411              4285       4286       end

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3866

I didn't know Jo had a plane named after her
Photo credit to: Philip Wallick in the Ghost Warbird 2013 calendar.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2209

The CoTA may have future plans for credentialed access like stands/platforms. I understand the operators were under heavy pressure to get the track ready per the schedule. They still have one more layer of surface to apply after this event. There was still gravel sidewalks around the dinning tents and grand stand area (which you can see in the photo at the top of the previous page). I was told they focused on the operational areas and not the support functions. However, watchng on TV, the drivers, crews and TV announcers were very excited for the new track, they loved the topography and track layout.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2209

Attendance expected for Sat/Sun was 83k/100k respectively.

Almass
Total Posts: 497

Thank you JWilsonphoto - astrobrian

Also thank you futurshox (Jo?)
I took these pics this morning in Dubai, I think they are training for the Union day celebrations in a fortnight.
Probably they will be at it tomorrow and I've got the Gimbal and the 300 on the ready.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2374

Ah, that makes more sense if you're in Dubai, I was looking at your user location... Hope you get some good shots.

Bill, I saw that Mustang at Oshkosh a few years ago and failed dismally to have my photo taken with it! Haven't seen it since...

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/on-f1s-big-day-an-austin-success/nS9WR/ reports there were 117K people there yesterday, amongst other news.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2589

Lady Jo is based in CA. It's all over the west coast and at Reno every year. Not seen very often East of the Rockies.

bobl
Total Posts: 2748

Nick,
Regarding the Landscape Room of there here place... My plan was to roam around the area today and grab anything grabbable. However, there's a high wind warning today (50-60G90-100), and it's rainin' pretty good, too, so I've battened the hatches and cancelled the roaming. Someday...

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16065

Got a call this morning indicating that my F1 credentials are in the works, not that I'll need them any time soon. Sure wish I had taken a few minutes to start this ball rolling a few months ago. Oh well. If I had been in Austin shooting, I wouldn't have had the pleasure of Glenn's family elevating my blood pressure and hacking away at my faith in humanity. I don't agree with Gordon Gekko, greed is Not good!

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2140

For F1, the credentials you need are the ones that give access to the pit lane all times and the grid. Most of the folk that have these are part of the travelling circus that is F1, and shoot every race plus pre-season testing.

Tim Adams

MMcGrath wrote:
For F1, the credentials you need are the ones that give access to the pit lane all times and the grid. Most of the folk that have these are part of the travelling circus that is F1, and shoot every race plus pre-season testing.

That's the gig I want.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 747

bobl wrote:
Nick,
Regarding the Landscape Room of there here place... My plan was to roam around the area today and grab anything grabbable. However, there's a high wind warning today (50-60G90-100), and it's rainin' pretty good, too, so I've battened the hatches and cancelled the roaming. Someday...

bob the photo stuff can wait .... keep safe - ya hear me now

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3534

Brrr Bobl better stay indoors with the heating on Improving a little from Thursday

ironhide
Total Posts: 97

Glenn Watson wrote:
ironhide wrote:
Nice shots Glenn and Jo. Where were you guys at? I was roaming around turns 2,3, 1, 19/20. Lots of walking today

Were you by chance wearing a red shirt?
I actually thought I saw you at turn 2 but it didnt occur to me you would be there. You really to train for the walking dont you? 3.5 mile track doesnt sound that long until you have to walk from end to end and back!

Glenn

Glenn,
I was at turn 2 early on for a while with a brown hoodie on. I moved on to other parts of the track. I tried to keep an eye out to spot you or Jo but no luck The circuit doesn't look it but there is a hell of a lot of walking to be done.

futurshox wrote:
I have got to say that the transport in and out of the circuit was brilliant. We hardly waited any time at all for the shuttle bus. It is about 30-40 minutes from our house to expo centre where the buses are, and about 20-25 minutes on the bus. This assumes they make the same arrangement for the races in the spring, of course. Alan heard they hired 530 buses for this event!

Gotta agree on that one. They did a great job with transportation. We got airport lots parking and it was a breeze, despite a bit of waiting in line on raceday after the race.

futurshox wrote:
I would love to know how much those RV pitches are. Mind you, you'd better have a roof capable of supporting a few folks in order to see over the fence, and you're shooting into the sun. Gaah!

Very Very Expensive Around $15K or so - http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/rv-spots-for-f1-race-weekend-going-for-top-dolla-1/nRqRc/

I don't have a ton of pictures from this weekend. Unlike at Alliance, my ankle was just not up for walking up and down hills of gravel carrying food and water. But did manage to get a few Ferraris.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16065

Batten down the hatches and snuggle up with Meg Bob. You can go collect yor shingles in a couple of days!

ironhide

Jim,
You must have great friends if you can access F1 credentials just by talking to friends Anywhere I've read about becoming a photographer with F1 is as hard as getting to the moon.

I would love to meet up with everyone from here in April for the MotoGP race. Should be warmer than it was this weekend for sure. Chilly around 6 am in the parking lots and baking under the sun mid-day. The circuit still is a bit rough around the edges but should be in far better shape next year in my view.

Mr Go4Long, MotoGP at Austin is on 19/20 April ( tickets - http://t.co/wJrJdmDi)

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9714

MMcGrath wrote:

Tim Adams wrote:
That's the gig I want.

So send them a portfolio of your most highly awesomest images of airplanes and cars, and see if they'll hire you. Never hurts to ask. A guy with your images at the very least is going to get considered, not just disregarded.

ironhide

A view from the top of the hill at turn 1 - It was a Ferrari stand by far

ironhide

Hot Wheels!

ironhide

A Ferrari has to be scarlet -

Tim Adams

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:

Tim Adams wrote:
That's the gig I want.

So send them a portfolio of your most highly awesomest images of airplanes and cars, and see if they'll hire you. Never hurts to ask. A guy with your images at the very least is going to get considered, not just disregarded.

Yes, but I can't follow the circuit all over the world though. Making boxes pays the bills.

1       2       3              3409      
       3411              4285       4286       end