Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3406

1       2       3              3406      
       3408              4395       4396       end

J Mosher
Total Posts: 165

How about something a little different. I have been working on this for awhile and I am finally happy with the results. I posted it in the Landscape forum but I would like to share with you guys too.

Mesa Arch, Canyonlands NP, Utah.

(top of page image too... )

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1959

^^^^ Your Raptor and Mesa Arch images are very nice Jeremy. I especially like the angle you took at Mesa Arch. Traditional images of this famous location don't typically provide that POV. I also like the portrait crop versus the almost mandatory landscape crop used. IMHO, your break from the conventional worked very well sir.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2287

Just to prove I was at CoTA, and to prove the stands are not the best for photos, but are great for spending time with a special old friend who couldn't walk around the course.

My one sharp photo:

Never could get lucky to get them between the post!

But...turn 1 had exciting moments...

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 795

Jeff W. wrote:
^^^^ Your Raptor and Mesa Arch images are very nice Jeremy. I especially like the angle you took at Mesa Arch. Traditional images of this famous location don't typically provide that POV. I also like the portrait crop versus the almost mandatory landscape crop used. IMHO, your break from the conventional worked very well sir.

+1

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 795

bobl wrote:
Hey Nick,
This /\ /\ /\ is a really cool shot. It's given me an ideer... weebeesee!!

Ooooh ..... a sunset perchance? Forgot to tell ya - location - Google Maps and this 55.7659N, 1.9909W

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16409

Beautiful work Jeremy, from capture, through post process.

JWilsonphoto

Hi Nick,

Please give my best to Thea, and wishes for a speedy recovery. Your post is hilarious, and your image is beautiful. Welcome back, I missed you.

JW

JWilsonphoto

Man, I'm doubly ticked at myself over this Austin race. I made one phone call last night to a good friend and client. Looks like I'm credentialed til the cows come home at that facility. Why I didn't take time to do that over the past six months I'll never know. On the other hand, I'm credentialed to go pretty much anywhere at OSH too, but I mostly like hanging out with all of you and really don't give a flip about credential access. It might make walking in with all my long glass a little more seamless though. Anyway, looks like we're on for a MA2A gathering in April one way or the other.

Wrei

Hey Shooter, just fly into Austin Executive and you can 'copter in within a golf cart ride to the track like the rich and famous do. As I drove the tollway I saw choppers going back and forth from all over town. They handled the chopper traffic as well as any airport!

JWilsonphoto

Good idea Wrei.....................uh, if I was "rich and famous" I'll have to arrive via Landcruiser until I'm discovered.

JWilsonphoto

I see Canon is planning on an announcement related to a "big MP camera" in Q1 2013. Interpolating, I should have one Q4 2014, well maybe the manual anyway........

JWilsonphoto

I have a great deal with the Hampton Inn in New Braunfels, but that's a bit of a hike to the track. The airport Hilton is already sold out for April's race dates. Might do the Courtyard in Round Rock. I shoot a lot for Marriott so I can generally get a good rate there.

These hotels have all gone the way of the ones at OSH, book your room six months in advance, they charge your card right now. What a racket.

JWilsonphoto

Anyone notice that we cruised through 3.6M hits? So with MA2A I we're over 4M. I mean, it's nothing compared to the response that a burp from Honey Boo Boo would get, but I still think it's pretty amazing.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3674

Mustang HDR or something like that

Jan-Arie

This in Color I like very much looks almost like an Painting...

Compare with the original

let me know
Bottom one is the HDR

JWilsonphoto

I like elements of both Jan Arie, but if I have to pick one, the bottom image would be the one. It does look like a painting.................well it is done by a Dutch Master.

Jan-Arie

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I like elements of both Jan Arie, but if I have to pick one, the bottom image would be the one. It does look like a painting.................well it is done by a Dutch Master.

Well to bad my last name Isn't Rembrandt don't quit my day job yet...

JWilsonphoto

Well, my last name is Wilson, but unfortunately, not the one on basketballs and tennis raquets. We play the hand we're dealt.

Wrei

...and my last name is Swindle...

Jan-Arie

Wrei wrote:
...and my last name is Swindle...

Haha Rembrandt was a famous Dutch painter who paintings nowadays are worth a fortune
And the name Wilson is well known in tennis gear so that why..

1       2       3              3406      
       3408              4395       4396       end