Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3406

1       2       3              3406      
       3408              4837       4838       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18834

Hi Nick,

Please give my best to Thea, and wishes for a speedy recovery. Your post is hilarious, and your image is beautiful. Welcome back, I missed you.

JW

JWilsonphoto

Man, I'm doubly ticked at myself over this Austin race. I made one phone call last night to a good friend and client. Looks like I'm credentialed til the cows come home at that facility. Why I didn't take time to do that over the past six months I'll never know. On the other hand, I'm credentialed to go pretty much anywhere at OSH too, but I mostly like hanging out with all of you and really don't give a flip about credential access. It might make walking in with all my long glass a little more seamless though. Anyway, looks like we're on for a MA2A gathering in April one way or the other.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2906

Hey Shooter, just fly into Austin Executive and you can 'copter in within a golf cart ride to the track like the rich and famous do. As I drove the tollway I saw choppers going back and forth from all over town. They handled the chopper traffic as well as any airport!

JWilsonphoto

Good idea Wrei.....................uh, if I was "rich and famous" I'll have to arrive via Landcruiser until I'm discovered.

JWilsonphoto

I see Canon is planning on an announcement related to a "big MP camera" in Q1 2013. Interpolating, I should have one Q4 2014, well maybe the manual anyway........

JWilsonphoto

I have a great deal with the Hampton Inn in New Braunfels, but that's a bit of a hike to the track. The airport Hilton is already sold out for April's race dates. Might do the Courtyard in Round Rock. I shoot a lot for Marriott so I can generally get a good rate there.

These hotels have all gone the way of the ones at OSH, book your room six months in advance, they charge your card right now. What a racket.

JWilsonphoto

Anyone notice that we cruised through 3.6M hits? So with MA2A I we're over 4M. I mean, it's nothing compared to the response that a burp from Honey Boo Boo would get, but I still think it's pretty amazing.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4039

Mustang HDR or something like that

Jan-Arie

This in Color I like very much looks almost like an Painting...

Compare with the original

let me know
Bottom one is the HDR

JWilsonphoto

I like elements of both Jan Arie, but if I have to pick one, the bottom image would be the one. It does look like a painting.................well it is done by a Dutch Master.

Jan-Arie

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I like elements of both Jan Arie, but if I have to pick one, the bottom image would be the one. It does look like a painting.................well it is done by a Dutch Master.

Well to bad my last name Isn't Rembrandt don't quit my day job yet...

JWilsonphoto

Well, my last name is Wilson, but unfortunately, not the one on basketballs and tennis raquets. We play the hand we're dealt.

Wrei

...and my last name is Swindle...

Jan-Arie

Wrei wrote:
...and my last name is Swindle...

Haha Rembrandt was a famous Dutch painter who paintings nowadays are worth a fortune
And the name Wilson is well known in tennis gear so that why..

Wrei

I knew all that Jan-Arie, I was wondering what that leaves for me with a last name Swindle?

Definition of SWINDLE

intransitive verb
: to obtain money or property by fraud or deceit

Taking home the tired fans...the fun way!

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 698

A couple more shots from the 2012 NAS Pensacola Blue Angels Homecoming Airshow

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

"Dutch Boy" makes paint! Right?

FWIW, I like the blended version of Brat as well. Nicely crafted J-A!

Jan-Arie

ow yeah swindle mmm maybe not the way to go but funny nevertheless

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 698

Rusty1 wrote:
Shots from Moody AFB Open House

Excellent shots from Moody Vance!. Which I had been there for the sunny days.

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

Go4Long wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
It'd be fun to get together at an event for sure, although its not really like an airshow where you meet up and sit still most of the day shooting. It would get quite repetivive to bring home 1000 pics from the same seat! Good news is the V8 Supercars and MotoGP tickets are half the price of F1, and if we could score some media access even better.

From my understanding of it MotoGP is in among the hardest professional racing to get media access to. But if Jim is going anything is possible right

I am hoping to make the trip down for MotoGP in April, although the dates still aren't on the MotoGP calendar yet, it is rumored to be either the 14th or 21st.

Unless you contribute to a high profile magazine or are on first name basis with Mr Bernard Eccolstone....forget F1 accreditation.....rarer than rocking horse manure.....

Love your thinking though.... Everything in F1 is controlled with an iron fist & Bernie even in his 70's sees hears n knows all....

Jim, as for your getting accredited to TOA well done,....Hope you can squeeze out F1 creds as Bernie holds them with a steel grip...man you must be connected..!!

Al

1       2       3              3406      
       3408              4837       4838       end