/forum/topic/600984/3405

1       2       3              3405      
       3407              4374       4375       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16324

Glenn Watson wrote:
Last one for Welker -

Glenn

Gee Glenn! That image is luminous Buddy!

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2656

Grand-Am, ALMS, and WEC sportscars will also race at COTA next year.

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Terrific image of the Allegiant PDumm ........

I realized to late that I was probably to close / standing a few feet from taxi way 3/4 field when the Global lifted at midfield - wheels were up ( edit - stowed ) before he cleared the end of the runway - I knew he'd be quick, but I was hoping he'd be a bit lower as he went by me ....... headin' back to NYC with the overnight weekend hunters from Tudor's Farm in Dorchester County, MD

Next weekend .. think I'll move down so I'm closer to lift off ..

I always like seein' this guy come in

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

I will try to make the MotoGP as well. It would be nice to meet MA2A folks there.

Great shots Glenn - you've got some real winners there, for sure.

Gero

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Jeff,
going back to your pair of images, I like them both very much, especially for the tonality of the sky as a backdrop for the Hornet taking off. The tonality seems to come out more for me in the black and white, which has me leaning more towards your conversion.

Can you bring that out some more in the color version?

Gero

JWilsonphoto

Nice shots Curtis. If you can get positioned head on, the Global pulls a huge amount of air behind it and creates vortices that are pretty easily seen, especially if there is dust on the runway. If you are right beside the runway, you get absolutely sandblasted, and ultimately knocked over, but you'd love it.

JWilsonphoto

North Texas is heading for it's dismal winter brown tones. Now is where I begin looking for broken layers at or below 5,000 for my air to air assignments. The good thing is, it only lasts from now til April and we're back in the green.

BTW, D800, pretty much my standard aerial camera.

Tim Adams

Tigercat sunset.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9758

Beautiful shot, Tim.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9758

JamesG wrote:
Yes it's obviously fake. One day I hope to take a shot like this with my cameras. I've created this using Flight Simulator and applied a number of filters within photoshop but I quite like the result. Hopefully I won't get booted out of the forum for posting a fake image.

It's not a photography, but it is absolutely not a "fake" either. It's digital art, simply of a different genesis. And it's entirely on-topic: aviation, Mustang, fun, and the "shooter" doing his damnedest with the tools at hand to end up with a great image.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

I should be able to make MotoGP, but can not promise being there the whole weekend. My vacation time will be pretty well drained at that point of next year. Count me in though, looking forward to it

Tim Adams

A little BW nose art of the Tigercat.

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Thank you Jim,

Maybe I'll try the 600mm on it next weekend.

For sure, there was plenty of dust on the runway, and though blown off today, by next weekend I'm sure there will be visuals again.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1921

Glenn Watson wrote:
Last one for Welker -

Glenn

Killer conversation Glenn. The chrome looks almost liquid

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 565

Tim Adams wrote:
Tigercat sunset.

Wonderful Tigercat sunset shot!

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3916

Nice one Glenn.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 778

Thought I'd better check in with an update.
But first I must offer a big Thank You to all here especially those who selflessly share your work man this is some photo album!
Some may remember that Thea (the present Mrs Johnson of 31 years standing) had her right hip replaced in August. Well, in these parts they don't give you time off for good behaviour so the other hip was replaced last Tuesday. Herself is home now and doing well. Normal hostilities have been resumed.

What with the above and trying to integrate myself into the local camera clubs I'm afraid that it's been a bit quite, over here in Landscapers corner. So sorry bobl hope this might make up for lost ground.

bobl
Total Posts: 2753

Hey Nick,
This /\ /\ /\ is a really cool shot. It's given me an ideer... weebeesee!!

J Mosher
Total Posts: 165

Man this thread moves fast....Thanks to Furturshox, Jay, Jim, Bill, Angry Alan and Mark for commenting on my image. I appreciate it. I got lucky with that one

Here is an F-22 from the same show. Went with the b&w option on this one. It's not a Welker b&w, but I liked it.

Enjoy!

Rusty1
Total Posts: 905

Shots from Moody AFB Open House

1       2       3              3405      
       3407              4374       4375       end