Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3404

1       2       3              3404      
       3406              4288       4289       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16066

Nice shots James, thank you for sharing those. "Off topic", at MA2A? Imagine that?!

JWilsonphoto

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for doing the leg work, literally! I think the whole purpose of that track being built was to give us more opportunities to shoot together. Keep me posted, I'm in! This will give us a chance to broaden our shooting spectrum.

JWilsonphoto

Just went out and bored a few holes in this beautiful Texas sky. The Cub loves this crisp, dense air.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2961

In addition to having a blast at the track, never haven shot anything like that before, I also got a new computer yesterday. Something i dont normally get to geeked up about, but since upgrading to LR4 a month or two ago, my 3 year old laptop with 4 gigs of ram just wasnt up to the task of editing photos. It took 10-15 seconds just to go from one pic to the next in the library. As for D800 files forget about it - those just casued smoke to come out of the computer and the screen to go blank. Now i'm on a brand new proper machine with 64 bit OS, 16gig ram, etc and i'm blown away! Hope i'm not abusing my posting rights with the F1 pics but i'm so stoked to be able to turn out photos again.

Pole postion for tomorrows main event, Sebastian Vettel:

Glenn

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Jan-Arie wrote:
Whooohooo yes cool shots of the F1 that Tyrell is awesome thats the classic one from Glenn, Jo very cool and niceeeee and crispy

X2..

Al

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Glenn Watson wrote:
F1 has a 10 year deal with COTA so it will be an annual event for at least that long. MotoGP bikes in April, and V8 Supercars from Austrailia which i'm not familiar with the series but they look cool. There is also the Ferrari Challenge and GT3 Porche series that will race there. Its pretty damn cool!

Glenn

Glenn & Tim,

You'll love V8 Aussie Supercars,...awasome series...big banger v8's lots noise....close racing...

Al

JWilsonphoto

Beautiful Glenn! Congrats on your new computer!! Man, I'd love to come down there tomorrow, I'm way behind the power curve on this deal! Ugh!

JWilsonphoto

This is a perfect weekend for motor racing, or anything outdoors!!

RobMoser
Total Posts: 831

How about this for your hanger, Jim?

Although I somehow think low and slow isn't exactly its forte!

Rob

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Glenn Watson wrote:
In addition to having a blast at the track, never haven shot anything like that before, I also got a new computer yesterday. Something i dont normally get to geeked up about, but since upgrading to LR4 a month or two ago, my 3 year old laptop with 4 gigs of ram just wasnt up to the task of editing photos. It took 10-15 seconds just to go from one pic to the next in the library. As for D800 files forget about it - those just casued smoke to come out of the computer and the screen to go blank. Now i'm on a brand new proper machine with 64 bit OS, 16gig ram, etc and i'm blown away! Hope i'm not abusing my posting rights with the F1 pics but i'm so stoked to be able to turn out photos again.

Pole postion for tomorrows main event, Sebastian Vettel:

Glenn

Gre,at shot, Glenn. Did you say MotoGP in April . Road tripD

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Jim, one thing I have learned in life is to never let the actions of a family, be it your own or someone else, taint that which is the bond between you and a good friend.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Well Y'All in Austin keep an eye on that facility and we'll go knock their socks off with raw talent!! Who knows, we might start "Where The Rubber Meets The Road" Part One................

We might have enough for that already

Glenn Watson

It'd be fun to get together at an event for sure, although its not really like an airshow where you meet up and sit still most of the day shooting. It would get quite repetivive to bring home 1000 pics from the same seat! Good news is the V8 Supercars and MotoGP tickets are half the price of F1, and if we could score some media access even better.

Really liked the exhibition of the historics - I love the smell of high octane race gas in the afternoon. The current F1 cars apparently burn regular unleaded pump octane fuel.

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Got Lotus?

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Last one for Welker -

Glenn

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

There s nothing in the world, like a Ferarri F-1 at full tilt. Imagine 16 to18 thousand rpm. Love it

Tom

Wrei
Total Posts: 2209

F-1 on the straight across from the pits in the canyon is noisy (but sounds cool), more so than an f-4 base flight line during an ORI! (130 sorties over two days using 15 aircraft.) Plus it's not the best place for photos.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1511

Glenn Watson wrote:
It'd be fun to get together at an event for sure, although its not really like an airshow where you meet up and sit still most of the day shooting. It would get quite repetivive to bring home 1000 pics from the same seat! Good news is the V8 Supercars and MotoGP tickets are half the price of F1, and if we could score some media access even better.

From my understanding of it MotoGP is in among the hardest professional racing to get media access to. But if Jim is going anything is possible right

I am hoping to make the trip down for MotoGP in April, although the dates still aren't on the MotoGP calendar yet, it is rumored to be either the 14th or 21st.

Glenn Watson

The COTA ticket website say its 19-21st. Count me in.

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

I'm in Guys! In the mean time, I'm going behind the scenes to see what connections I might already have that I don't know about. Weebeesee.

You are right Glenn, we're just not "sit in one place" kind of folks. I want to be covered with rubber dust, then I know I'm in good spots.

1       2       3              3404      
       3406              4288       4289       end