Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3398

1       2       3              3398      
       3400              4310       4311       end

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3373

A wine country landscape, anyone? I'm out of airplanes at the moment. This is the Sonoma Coast region, from Bodega Point.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4510

Love the (I think it's) Ice Plant that grows along the coast in NorCal...

Beautiful scene Zim. I can almost smell the sea air!

FlyingPhotog

david russell wrote:
what the heck is in the tail of the X? It looks so wide at the top almost like a electronic warfare pod.

Guess it takes stout mechanics to drive the tailplane at .97 Mach...

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

msalvetti wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
I got an e-mail this morning that FIFI is grounded again. #2 is toast. They need $250,000 for repairs and a spare. I think it may be time for the CAF to take a look at what the Sanders decided to do with their Sea Fury Argonaut, and put R-2800's in that thing. With the exception of us gearheads nobody would know the difference, and it would be much more reliable.

When I visited the Air Force Museum in Dayton a couple of years ago, we saw them working on a B-29 engine during the behind the scenes tour:

Too bad that by virtue of it being there, it won't ever fly again.

Mark

I'm wondering if those cylinder heads will fit on my old BMW motorcycle might give it a little "extra"

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

stevez wrote:
A wine country landscape, anyone? I'm out of airplanes at the moment. This is the Sonoma Coast region, from Bodega Point.

That is beautiful Steve. I could just sit there with a few bottles of wine, some good food, and watch a few sunsets

stevezzzz

Ever seen a corn maze? From above? I shot this from the Bell 47 last week.

stevezzzz

How about a velodrome under construction? You don't see that every day...

FlyingPhotog

A-Maze-ing Zim!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16105

A corn...."maize"............? Nice work Zim!! How did you like "The Bell Bounce" the model 47 is famous for it.

JWilsonphoto

I finished up a 16 hour day with 15 million dollars in Kenworths and trailers..................

futurshox
Total Posts: 2389

15 of those hours spent lining up all the trucks and getting their lights Just So....

futurshox

A quick plug, if I may? The Sport Air Racing League 2013 Calendars are available here: http://sportairrace.org/id501.html Photographed and compiled by yours truly. They make great Christmas gifts!

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9737

stevez wrote:
Ever seen a corn maze? From above? I shot this from the Bell 47 last week.

Disregard those, Steve... it's just the Mayans warming up for 13 Bak'tun on December 21st...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1871

futurshox wrote:
A quick plug, if I may? The Sport Air Racing League 2013 Calendars are available here: http://sportairrace.org/id501.html Photographed and compiled by yours truly. They make great Christmas gifts!

Excellent work Jo. What is the size of this calendar? The "Product Details" link was not working for me. Thank you.

JWilsonphoto

Good Morning Lady Jo,

Actually, the 37 drivers were like seasoned formation pilots. I was over in Gonzalez shooting a salt water injection well facility right before the truck shot. When I arrived in Stockdale they had about 20 of them perfectly aligned, so I climbed to my vantage point, the top of a trailer, and kept an eye on the rest as they rolled in for a shift change.

These trucks run two 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Tire costs alone top $37,000 a month for the fleet. They haul 180 barrels of oil or salt water effluence, depending upon their assignment. There is zero unemployment in South Texas (amongst people who actually want to work), and businesses from small to large are very busy and will be for decades. Tell the shops, hardware stores, food outlets, hotels, gas stations, equipment manufacturing and sales people, clothing stores, and anyone else in business here, that "trickle down" doesn't work. I'd have shot this assignment for free just to have the opportunity to be immersed in a climate of hard work, prosperity, and the perspective of an unlimited bright future. In spite of 16-18 hour days and the physically demanding nature of the assignment, I found myself with a spark of optimism as I drove home in the wee hours. And, no small amount of thankfulness that God brought us to The Lone Star lo those many years ago.

The whole week I was thinking about how many industries I have learned about over the past 32 years of shooting professionally. This week has been a course in petroleum and natural gas production, just fascinating. Yesterday I spent about five hours in a special suit, with an SO2 monitor clipped to me. We were shooting in an environment where concentrated amounts of SO2, a highly lethal by product of oil drilling, was present. They briefed me on the emergency procedures if my monitor were to activate, and what would happen if those procedures weren't followed. Oilfield work makes air to air look like a walk in the park as far as risks, it's more on a par with working on a carrier deck.

I ended up shooting late last night and wrapping that assignment up. That worked out well because a client in Fort Worth had need of me for a rush assignment early this morning, so I bolted home in the middle of the night to be available for that shoot. Working toward a day of downtime/Photoshopping at HQ tomorrow, maybe a little Cub time too.

futurshox

Jeff W. wrote:
Excellent work Jo. What is the size of this calendar? The "Product Details" link was not working for me. Thank you.

Thanks Jeff! Don't know why the link wasn't working, although I think it just scrolls you further down the page. The calendar is 8.5x11" folded, 19x11"open.

FlyingPhotog

This is why you should never leave me alone in Photoshop...

Resistance Is Futile

J Mosher
Total Posts: 163

I finally have something to share. From Nellis on Sunday.

futurshox

Ooh, sweet!

FlyingPhotog

WOW!

1       2       3              3398      
       3400              4310       4311       end